Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
So...its not that my cells dont use insulin right...it's that they can't recognize it?

Yes, the biggest cause of this problem is "snacking"

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try.

Have you tried pravastatin or rosuvustatin? they are both water soluble (as opposed to fat soluble). I take pravastatin now and have no ill effects. Zocor (fat soluble) was bad for me. CQ10 is cheap and worth a try.

if you are going to take a statin, use the combinations like Vytorin etc. far better product.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

Afaic if its causing pain it's probably causing muscle destruction. Is he running around with your wife? wink

I wouldnt take it. Mine is high, but my buddy dr recs the risks outweigh the benefits.

I was interested because statins help destroy beta amyloid, a component of plaque in dementia.

amyloids are protein structure, statins cause the build of the intermediary, this is a heavy area of current controversy.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Got a relative who works in a lab testing that schit and he says never take them. Turns the test animals' organs to junk.

I am not on board with "cholesterol bad" as its what a lot of your body is made of and its there to repair your arteries. Inflammation is the enemy. More meat and veggies less bread and cereal and sugars.

I have to agree 100%. Sugar and wheat are prime enemies of the human body. I love doughnuts and am still suffering emotional withdrawal. frown

Sugar is absolutely necessary for energy, its the continual "challenging" of the pancreas by all substances that is bad

wheat is bad because the outer shells even when ground contain leptins which are proteins that "repel" insects and birds, and cause inflammation response, and amyloid build up.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by victoro
"So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?
My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try."

Is this a GP or a cardiologist? He should have told you to take CoQ10 when he wrote the first Statin prescription. If it is your GP you should get checked out by a cardiologist ASAP. I quit taking Statin drugs many years ago because of extreme fatigue. My best friend who will be 80 in July is a diabetic could never take Statin drugs because of leg pain. Instead of prescribing statin drugs the researchers should be investigating what causes artery inflammation and how to reduce that inflammation. LDL just attaches to inflamed arteries to protect them like it's supposed to. My cardiologist just tells me to exercise a lot and not get fat. We did talk about the cholesterol lowering shots last year (my insurance doesn't pay for them). I told him the only way anybody would be able to give me a cholesterol lowering shot was if they shot me with a tranquilizer dart first.

its more of an iv drip, you made need several darts.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The Doctor would have to explain to me just why he/she wants me to take anything.

They put me on statins years ago but they left me with out any energy at all.

Did them for 6 weeks without any change but wanted me to keep taking them.

I quit after my good friend's Dad came down with liver cancer,he had been taking them for years.

His Mom was also on the same meds so she got to looking for another way to lower the bad cholesterol.

She found that eating walnuts,a 1/4 cup a day would lower it so i tried it.

In 2 weeks i felt better and at the next 6 week blood draw it was down to normal limits.

Have not had a draw in all or the years since that had a high anything.

Cholesterol is actually calcium cholesterol in the plaque form

Walnuts contain large amounts of oxalic acid, which chelates and removes Ca from your system just as it does for most of the plant world.

its the best free radical scavenger there is for biological systems. daily walnuts should be de rigor, (rigor, not nigor)

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by tdbob
Even though there's a tremendous amount of science backing medicine, it's still more of an art rather than science. A patient is nothing more than a lab rat or guinea pig until the doc figures out how to treat their patient. Bad medicine is the third leading cause of death.

another view point;

patient walks into the docs room, doc says the best thing I do for you is tell you to stop smoking,

Do the people listen.?

so if people started listening instead of hearing, it would go along ways on both sides.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by tdbob
Even though there's a tremendous amount of science backing medicine, it's still more of an art rather than science. A patient is nothing more than a lab rat or guinea pig until the doc figures out how to treat their patient. Bad medicine is the third leading cause of death.

patients not being compliant is the second leading cause of death.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
So...no snacking. But then I have an insulin spike after fasting several times a day...?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
CBD oil, should now be legal in your state.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
fasting is usually a little longer than that, from dinner to next meal around 10 hours.

also depends on how you have managed the problem up to this point and what meds you are on. the term diabetes should only be used for non producers of insulin, the better term would be insulin resistant

if you are on some of the longer acting insulins to get thru the nite, you are in a different group than those that manage with Metformin, or dietary methods. obviously

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Or put a sign in your drive way, saying "Deposit old prescription drugs here" and get a PDR

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Jeez sounds like I'm screwed

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I take 4 500mg metformin a day. Insulin. Lisinopril for kidney protection.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Dr told me years ago that Lipitor was removing what is basically a lubricant between the muscle fibers and that is the cause of the pain. CO Q 10 solved that problem fairly fast. I found it at one of those stores that sells everything for a dollar the other day. I just wish there was a source of the truth about all these medications we take and their interaction with each other and your body.

My dad had extremely high cholesterol levels and a bad heart attack. The Dr put me on medication and told me to eat all the complex carbs I wanted. Stay away from fats. In the back of my mind I'm thinking that is the cause of my type 2 diabetes. Now I have to avoid carbs so I eat the things that cause high cholesterol. Catch 22 is a phrase that often comes to mind. Sometimes I feel like talking to a Dr is like listening to the news. You hear him talking but you are not sure he is getting all the facts right. I have no faith in the pharmaceutical companies at all. They are trying to make money not cure people.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
little confused on the take away here

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Etoh

Have you tried pravastatin or rosuvustatin? they are both water soluble (as opposed to fat soluble). I take pravastatin now and have no ill effects. Zocor (fat soluble) was bad for me. CQ10 is cheap and worth a try.

if you are going to take a statin, use the combinations like Vytorin etc. far better product.

Vytorin has Zocor/simvastatin in it.....no thanks

Moe

"Pick out two!"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Vytorin has Zocor/simvastatin in it.....no thanks

Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Or put a sign in your drive way, saying "Deposit old prescription drugs here" and get a PDR

PDR is nothing but package inserts. You can get them on the net for free.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by victoro
"Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy."

You should stop taking statin drugs before it destroys your kidneys. One of my friends was taking a mega dose of Lipitor and niacin at the same time. The makers of Lipitor said to NEVER take niacin with Lipitor because it greatly increases your chance of muscular myopathy which could destroy your kidneys. He asked his Doc about it and was told that it was worth the risk. I asked him "What kind of risk is your Doc taking?" Before my friend died the was taking 18 prescription drugs.

5 or 6 years back my kidney numbers started going bad, Doc had a bunch of tests done with nothing conclusive. Stopped all the ibuprofen and aspirin. No change. Then stopped the zocor I'd been on for years and inside of 30 days all tests were back to normal except for the cholesterol going back up. Ended up on pravastatin, so far tests are good. Without a statin my total cholesterol would be in the 400's. Heart problems killed most of the males on my fathers side of the family, he had a bad one at 47 but with surgery and later implanted defibrillators lived to 73. So I think the upside of statins outweigh the bad for me.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 348srfun
A Dr told me years ago that Lipitor was removing what is basically a lubricant between the muscle fibers and that is the cause of the pain. CO Q 10 solved that problem fairly fast. I found it at one of those stores that sells everything for a dollar the other day. I just wish there was a source of the truth about all these medications we take and their interaction with each other and your body.

My dad had extremely high cholesterol levels and a bad heart attack. The Dr put me on medication and told me to eat all the complex carbs I wanted. Stay away from fats. In the back of my mind I'm thinking that is the cause of my type 2 diabetes. Now I have to avoid carbs so I eat the things that cause high cholesterol. Catch 22 is a phrase that often comes to mind. Sometimes I feel like talking to a Dr is like listening to the news. You hear him talking but you are not sure he is getting all the facts right. I have no faith in the pharmaceutical companies at all. They are trying to make money not cure people.

There is a source of truth, problem is -- its all relative.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,349
Posts18,468,835
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.