OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
nypost.com
NEWS
Democratic leaders anxious over lack of viable 2020 candidates: report
By Ben FeuerherdOctober 23, 2019 | 2:02am
Enlarge Image

Democratic Party leaders have reportedly been struck by anxiety as the 2020 election approaches — and some fear they have no viable candidate to back.

Leaders and activists in the party are wary that all their top contenders have major weaknesses and are urging other possible candidates to get in the race, The Washington Post and The New York Times reported Tuesday.

“You can imagine much stronger candidates,” Democratic National Committee member Elaine Kamarck told The Washington Post.

Kamarck would back Sen. Sherrod Brown or retired Navy Adm. William H. McRaven if either could be convinced to throw their hat in the ring, according to the report.

Both papers reported that party figures worry Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren could be considered too liberal in a general election, while Joe Biden’s fundraising lag may prove to be an Achilles heel for the one-time clear front-runner.

The troubled position of the Dems became apparent for many of the party leaders after last week’s debate.

“Since the last debate, just anecdotally, I’ve had five or six people ask me: ‘Is there anybody else?’ ” Democrat Leah Daughtry told the Times.

“There’s more anxiety than ever,” journalist Connie Schultz, who is married to Sen. Brown, added to the Times.

SEE ALSO

Bernie Sanders says he'd back Joe Biden or any other Dem nominee
The missteps and faults of the candidates have lead to speculation about whether Hillary Clinton may consider entering the race and kicking off a potential 2016 rematch between her and President Trump.

A source close to Clinton told The Washington Post it’s unlikely she’ll run — but it’s not completely out of the picture.

“Ultimately, it’s unlikely she would do it,” the source said. “But put it this way: It ain’t zero. And does she think about it all the time? Absolutely.”

Another Clinton insider told the newspaper, “Her view is: I ran against this guy, I know how to do this.”

“She has battle scars to prove it,” the source added.

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The Democrats have always had bad candidates!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

The missteps and faults of the candidates have lead to speculation about whether Hillary Clinton may consider entering the race and kicking off a potential 2016 rematch between her and President Trump.

A source close to Clinton told The Washington Post it’s unlikely she’ll run — but it’s not completely out of the picture.

“Ultimately, it’s unlikely she would do it,” the source said. “But put it this way: It ain’t zero. And does she think about it all the time? Absolutely.”

Another Clinton insider told the newspaper, “Her view is: I ran against this guy, I know how to do this.”

Hillary won't run. Oh, she WANTS to be President, but she won't run.

She doesn't have the health (or sobriety) to do another full campaign. She does not have the backing of the money people anymore. Nobody in her Party wants her running the show bullying and insulting everyone she in contact with. What she wants is to be drafted at the Convention. Then she only is required to campaign for 8 weeks and makes it difficult for the GOP to mount a defense - she thinks...

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A navy admiral would run as a democrat?

Gawd

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by slumlord

Gawd

Yep. Getting to be more and more Admiral's and Generals turning left. Money talks.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
Originally Posted by slumlord

Gawd

Yep. Getting to be more and more Admiral's and Generals turning left. Money talks.

Just look at their promotion dates to Flag rank and it will be obvious. For the most part anyway...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
All they have is turds!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
The Democrats have always had bad candidates!

Amd foolish Americans have put them in office more than R's. Our current R is highly controversial and gets no breaks from most of the media. This will be a totally do or die election, if we even get to that point, which I strongly doubt.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Hillary’s standing in the corner with her hand up yelling “pick me!”

She’s making too much noise on the talk shows right now to think she doesn’t want to run. Whether the dems are crazy or desperate enough to run her is another question.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
They should just run the donkey. Higher IQ than most of their other candidates. Better looking than Hillary.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by hatari

Hillary won't run. Oh, she WANTS to be President, but she won't run.

She doesn't have the health (or sobriety) to do another full campaign. She does not have the backing of the money people anymore. Nobody in her Party wants her running the show bullying and insulting everyone she in contact with. What she wants is to be drafted at the Convention. Then she only is required to campaign for 8 weeks and makes it difficult for the GOP to mount a defense - she thinks...

You will attain enlightenment, hatari Grasshopper, when you come to the realization that THE VILE HARRIDAN IS RUNNING.

Thank you for your attention,
signed,

Your Sensei

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[

You will attain enlightenment, hatari Grasshopper, when you come to the realization that THE VILE HARRIDAN IS RUNNING.

Thank you for your attention,
signed,

Your Sensei

Sensei,

You might be right, but bitch still ugly!!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, pretty sad when the best of your party was Jimmy Carter...........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 73 invisible), 3,046 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.