Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Ours has guns for sale, but they’re not in the business of selling guns. Take a number, trigger locks won’t be removed, bargain rifles only.

I looked at boots a couple weeks back, and everything was Chinese crap. They used to carry Lowa & Meindl, but no more.

I’m not sure why they exist.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Which retailer offers a better warranty on their private-label Chinese-sourced stuff?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Certifiable
It’s funny how often you are on here complaining about people and their attitudes but you refer to a young man just trying to do his job, who has shown you nothing but respect... AND thanked you for your service... As a zit faced millennial

I caught that too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Certifiable
It’s funny how often you are on here complaining about people and their attitudes but you refer to a young man just trying to do his job, who has shown you nothing but respect... AND thanked you for your service... As a zit faced millennial

I caught that too.

Good thing the kid wasn’t a vaper. Double whammy!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
............, the warranty is between you and the manufacturer....
Yep - Cabellas/Bass Pro didn't make the item... The manufacturer did - the warranty is with them...

If the manufacturer made it for Cabelas to sell as a store brand with Cabelas name on it they may not have to honor any warranty. It would depend on the supply agreement.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So they sell scopes that are probably made in China they get fo 3 bucks or less....then sell them for 300 and won't stand behind it....I certnly hope you walked away....most of my scopes are leupold for good reason...a fantastic co who never did sell out...no recent needed you don't even have to be origonal owner..
By the way cabelas sucks...if you haven't already figured that out..

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I drove by the one in Lubbock on my way to Academy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Random ramblings....

If you thought BPS was going to cover pre-BPS purchased Cabelas items forever, you haven’t been involved in many company buyouts.

If you thought BPS would continue offering Cabelas lifetime warranty, you’re really naive.

You’ve got a right to be pissed about them selling a product stating lifetime warranty under the shrink wrap and not even pretending like they’d honor it though.

I never buy anything “name brand” and expect the retailer to do the legwork on warranty issues. That’s between me and the oem. Cabelas labeled stuff makes Cabelas the OEM on paper. But I’m sure the purchase contract had language in it that they didnt have to honor any warranties.

I still go to various Cabelas and BPS around the country. If the item is what I want at the price I want to pay, I’ll buy it. I bought $600 worth of dog training collars at one last weekend. Their price matched everybody else and it was convenient to get. I’d have preferred ordering from gun dog supply or other small guys, but I’d have had to wait 4 or 5 days to get it.

Inventory sucks at BPS now.

I’m local to their flagship store in Springfield. It’s alwsys packed with cars. Always. Johnny Morris is buying up every piece of land in the area he can. Currently renovating the town south of Branson. I believe I heard putting in a distillery. Wants it to be a destination, but in doing so got rid of some parks and walkways with arm twisting of the city to make it more ‘tourism attractive”. Not sure all the details. But locals aren’t pleased.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
The only thing I have bought from Cabelas or Bass Pro in the past 10 years has been guns. Seriously, I check their rack of cheapo used guns about 3 or 4 times a year and occasionally find a pearl. In the past year I have found a BC Miroku Kodensha 20ga in 95% condition for less than $400, and a pre-64 Model 70 standard weight in 30-06 with 95% metal and 90% wood, and with a Lyman Challenger scope and vintage JR mounts for less than $550. This while the racks are full of junk stuff at higher prices. I dont even look around the rest of the store, I just take advantage of their ignorance.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Bass Pro is hot garbage.

The warranty issue doesn’t surprise me at all. Folks were fugging Cabelas over for years.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
If you guys buy something and wear it out....do you turn it in for warranty?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Companies like REI, Cabelas, Fenwick, and Orvis did at one time honor life time warranties. Leupold still does and I'm pretty loyal to their gear. That lifetime stuff was also an era where most folks were honorable. I once met an Alaska outfitter as well as an Oregon fishing guide/outfitter that proudly bragged of equipping their camps midsummer and then returning everything to Cabelas for a refund at the end of the season. Talk about taking advantage, and they are the type that I'd never knowingly go to for services. With a few exceptions, I'm leery of most warranties. Shipping and documentation hassles make most of them worthless. At my age, I'd need a warehouse and administrative clerk to track every proof of purchase receipt if I had in fact retained them all.

With the advent of fabric waders, I remember Orvis offering a lifetime warranty. Even though they were horridly expensive, I thought them insane for such an idea and never went that route. After about 4 exchanges in 4 seasons, they informed a buddy that the program was going extinct.

Warranties on "store" labels should be honored by the retailer. All else, get with the manufacturer.

Last edited by 1minute; 10/23/19.

1Minute
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Recently just bought the same scope. Got the national Bass Pro headquarters in Springfield Missouri. Never got asked no such questions or nothing I'd say it's local management issue

Last edited by ldholton; 10/23/19.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Read through many of the statements on this thread and I am amazed at the amount of low IQ statements made here holy s*** you people need some help

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Why would you not? If it's lifetime warrantied, that means everything is supposed to last you out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Only socks and underwear.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I've heard of people returning auto batteries to Wal-Mart @4 years, 11 months on a 5 year warranty battery.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender

I've heard of people returning auto batteries to Wal-Mart @4 years, 11 months on a 5 year warranty battery.

Most batteries' warranties would only allow like $10 on that return, so you'd pay $90 on a $100 battery. If it had a full five-year warranty, there would have to be something wrong with it. Same with the first one. The warranty is a bet that the item will last longer than the warranty. If it doesn't, the manufacturer or seller lost the bet. Big deal. They have plenty of items they don't lose the bet on and plenty that they do, but the buyer never shows back up for whatever reason.

IMO returning used stuff like the aforementioned outfitter did, is dishonorable. In this case, there is no way to be dishonorable unless you somehow sabotage the battery yourself so you can return it in the eleventh hour.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

That’s what nixed Costco’s battery warranty.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
IMO on Seafire's OP...He should've went ahead and bought it. They are running a bluff as they are responsible for any Cabela's merchandise so advertised and packaged as to the original warranty. They bought Cabela's and are now responsible for Cabela's warranties or anything so marked. I'm not a lawyer and don't know the law on this directly, but that's common sense. If BPS doesn't want to warranty that stuff in that manner, they need to pull it and re-package it without the warranty, not have some pogue standing around the customer service area hassling people about stuff that's plainly printed on the package.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 1,991 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,189
Posts18,465,772
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.