Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Leupold for Life here, and never ONE problem with one of their scopes. I'm reassured by their lifetime warranty if something were to happen to one of my Leupold scopes, but I don't foresee that happening.

laugh laugh

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/le...f-the-year-award-at-nasgw/#axzz63IAtDamE

Leupold Wins Optics Manufacturer of the Year Award at NASGW

BEAVERTON, Ore. —-(Ammoland.com)- Leupold & Stevens, Inc., has been recognized as the Optics Manufacturer of the Year by the National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers (NASGW). Leupold was presented with the award at the annual NASGW meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 22 in Orlando.

It marks the ninth year in a row that Leupold has won the Optics Manufacturer of the Year. Leupold has claimed the Optics title in each of the nine years that NASGW has presented “Manufacturer of the Year” awards.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
5-4-3-2........

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have around 30 of them. I haven’t had an issue, but they get beat up bad on the “Fire”

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I own several Leupold scopes, a couple of binos and a Leupy rangefinder. Never a problem.

Once I damaged a VX-3 scope. My fault. I sent it to Leupold, told them it was my fault. I expected to pay a fair price for repairs. They completey rebuilt it for free and even paid for shipping to return it to me.

I don't know why they get beat up on the 'fire. They have all been good products for me.

Same as the OP. Leupold for life.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dumped them.

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Make enough of anything, and there is bound to be a lemon or two. And chit happens. Never had to send one back in for repair, myself.

2-7 failed in a totaled house fire. Go figure. I did buy another one, currently on my 260, in 1979. Beat all to hell.....still working. I have a couple others, need more. Some of my rifles have to either go nakid or transgender and swapping scopes is a PITA.

I think the 3.5-10 VXIII is on the heavy barreled M98 to stay, tho. They like each other- inch groups at 300 yards if my rest and trigger control is good enough. Think I'll swap out the same power Tasco on the .338 for a 1-4 or similar, probably Leupold.

I have to say, tho, my Tasco WC plus 3.5-10, and 6X scopes are hanging in there with the Leupolds. The 3.5 to 10 survived a 30 foot drop out of a tree stand. Some adjustment necessary. And to the mounts... I'd buy more WC+ or higher grade Tascos. Lots of same quality scopes Taco and Leupold) out there, different brands. Pick your poison.

Note: be sure to tie the RIGHT loose rope end to the branch.... smile

Last edited by las; 10/24/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have 15-20 of them, and will buy more. Also I’ve sold at least that many in various firearm transactions.
Had a Leupold handgun scope go bad. Sent it to them and it was repaired and returned free in about two weeks.
When I need a scope, Leupold always is my first choice.

Last edited by dale06; 10/24/19.

NRA Patron
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I probably have 20-25 now and have owned many more over the past 40yrs with never a problem. I did accidentally damage one 5yrs ago and sent it back for repair. NO CHARGE and FREE return shipping. Customer for life!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
All I buy... i did have a Ultimate Slam go bad for my slug gun... sent it back and had a new one in no time. Stuff breaks, its the CS when it does that matters to me and the took care of the problem rapidly, so....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's the box, compass offer inside, and butt plate from the vintage 1951 Mdl 70 that my first Leupold went on. I was 13 (72 now). I've had probably 100 Leupolds over the years on guns I've owned, traded/sold, and still own.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One VariX II 1.5-5 had something let go inside about 15 years ago, and one 1-4 VariX II had a damaged front lens that I caused by mounting it improperly. Leupold replaced both FAST.

I have other scopes, but no scopes that cost as much or more than a decent rifle. The Burris scopes I have or had, probably a dozen, were all good values, IMO, but Leupold is still my favorite glass. For an average deer, antelope, elk hunter like I am they're all I need. They have always been head and shoulders above the old Weavers and Lymans we also used back in the day, and somehow we did great with Weavers.

Modern hunters are spoiled. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a couple of them start to group bad, like something was loose. So I cleaned the barrel, got all the copper and powder fouling out, and that fixed the scope.

All kidding aside, I've never had one go tits-up on me, but I honestly trust my NFs and SWFAs more when it comes to dialing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leupolds work even after they are old.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I only have a couple of them but have no problems with 'em.

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gonehuntin: I currently have 65 (sixty five!) Leupold scopes mounted up on Big Game, Varmint and target Rifles I own.
All have performed very well for me, along with the 25 - 35 others I have owned in the past, but sold off with guns I no longer wanted.
Amongst the 100 or so Leupold scopes I do own and have owned EXACTLY NONE have failed me!
In a couple of days I will be heading out for Deer and Elk here in Montana - I, of course, will have Leupold scopes mounted on those Rifles for those endeavors!
On an Antelope Hunt I engaged in two weeks ago with friends from the west coast ONLY Leupold scopes were along on the Antelope and Coyote Rifles.
Bought another Leupold last week in fact (Leupold 2x7 variable-rimfire) but I have as yet to put that optic to the test - I guess (according to the few Leupold naysayers on this forum!) there is a chance it will be all haywire and useless!
But I will bet any one person a $100.00 bill it works just fine!
Any takers?
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation a fine old American company!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had one fail, a vari-x iii 3.5-10. Leupold fixed it.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Their binoculars are 2nd tier at best.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What criteria could they be using to keep them at number one? They have lost significant market share and are far behind the new number one in sales. Warranty is a wash at best.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I wonder if we will have more positive or negative Leupold posts?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bought my first Leupold scope a Vari-XII 3-9AO in 1974, Leupold is the only scope I've ever put on any of my hunting rifles. Never a problem with the dozens of Leupolds I've owned over the years, cannot say the same for other manufacturer's scopes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had one fail recently, as it ran out of adjustments to the left. I mailed it in to Leupold and got it back two weeks ago. I got a good laugh, as is it had two forms in it, one said no maintenance was needed, the other said the inner parts of the scope were taken out, inspected, and scope reassembled, Who knows, hopefully I can get out to the range soon and test it out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

323 members (163bc, 22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 29 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,740
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.