Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
....can high school seniors sign up to “hunt” an adversary with Nerf guns. It happens every year here when our local police come out with a social media heads up that if you see someone chasing or shooting each other with Nerf guns not to worry since it’s “Senior Assassin” time. Each kid that signs up gets assigned an adversary to hunt and the last man or woman standing is the winner. They all chip in $10 and the winner takes all. It’s awesome and the kids follow the rules.

Our daughter made me laugh my ass off when she said I saw Preston Stuart running down the road without shoes being chased by a kid in a full gillie suit with an “Awesome Nerf Machinegun”. Kids having good clean fun that isn’t politically correct.....just like the good old days. There’s winners and losers and keeping an eye on your surroundings and having your Nerf gun at port arms ensures that you continue to stay in the fight. Being glued to your iPhone is certain elimination. 😉Each person has an anonymously assigned assassin after them just as they have one that they’re stalking. When you’ve been shot you’re out and a new name is assigned to the victor, should he choose to accept it. 😁. These are farm kids from good middle class families and hunting and firearms aren’t scary around here, they’re tools and it’s been my observations of the high school kids I’ve seen move on up throughout the years it gives me great hope that there really is hope in today’s youth. My little area is ubiquitous with small towns throughout this great nation, north, south, east and west there are good kids that buck hay in the summer or work cleaning out stalls. McDonald’s is actually an entry level job for a young high schooler instead of a career for the Mexican McDonald’s Mafia. Trap shooting is offered as a sport and opening weekend means attendance is down, it’s understood that “family business” includes family bonding time.

With the endless cacophony of the 24 hour news cycle I like to know that it’s not necessarily all lost, there’s a huge patriotic and quiet group of young men and women that will continue to build this country into greatness or fight those who seek to destroy it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
That sounds like a lot of fun!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a blast.
The pillow biters would have a total meltdown on that one for sure....

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Sounds like a blast.
The pillow biters would have a total meltdown on that one for sure....

dave

I know. 👍. I also like that there’s money involved. 😂. If you don’t come in first you lose!....no second place or participation trophies. It is student led and organized, years back the snowflakes tried to stop it and there’s always some dumb bitch that recently moved from the city to the country and want to impose their beliefs on our rural life. It didn’t take long until the district realized that not only did they not have the community’s support, they had outspoken opposition and eventually they knew it was hopeless so they just asked the students to follow certain rules of conduct which are perfectly reasonable, like not shooting your target in the back of the head in chemistry😂. The local snowflakes melt and then dry up ....... they are met by significant resistance. There are most of the big families that first came and settled this area from Norway and other Northern European countries whose descendants still live here. They built the roads, rails, bridges, ferry landings mercantile businesses and logging ports. Those pioneer families from the late 1800’s carry weight in this community. Our friend still lives in the farmhouse he grew up in and his grandfather built around 1898. I’m proud to live in a community that has such pride in their history because the pride shows.

Our daughter’s friends laid in wait doing surveillance for 4 hours yesterday. 😂on the target. I’ve seen kids outside the movie theater in town in full camo laying in the bushes of a parking strip. They are very dedicated and in all the years of this “tradition” I don’t recall a single problem.

MAGA hats are worn with pride to Friday night football games and there are some big USA flags as well as Trump flags flown from a staff in the bed of the pickup trucks ON CAMPUS.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gee if only your town was the average American town.... and snowflakes were foreign immigrants that quickly left and went back to where ever they came from.....

almost modern version of Norman Rockwell America.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What a great post Aces!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How many participate on average?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Same contest goes on around here except they use water squirt guns and there are teams of 2 students. Actually any form of water spray qualifies as a “kill”. Garden hoses, water balloons and so on. If one of the team members gets “shot” then the whole team is eliminated. It’s been 15 years since my boys were in high school, but what I remember most was the constant looking over their shoulder paranoia wondering who was out to get them. As far as participation goes, it seemed like there were 30-40 teams out of a graduating class of 250.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds dumb.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They don’t do that here!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool story. I graduated in 1980, and our variation on this was blowguns shooting plastic beads from craft stores. The "rich" kids bought pre-made blowguns, and the rest of us fashioned our own out of whatever small tubing we could come up with. Keep it short enough, and you could slip it up a long sleeved shirt, or cut a small slit in the leg of your jeans "carry concealed". You'd be surpised how fast you can unload a pretty good mouthful of those beads in "full auto" mode while someone's guard is down when they step out of their car in the parking lot at school.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 19352012
Sounds dumb.

The Octogenarian Contrarian.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sounds fun.

We used to park our beat up hot rods in front of the court house & watch unobtainable girls drive by.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There was a movie about this many, many years ago. Only, they used "real" guns in the movie. Was it Ursula Andress that had a "pair of 38's"? Remember one German clicked his heels and set off a bomb. Anybody know the name of that film?

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I saw a bunch of what looked to be junior high kids having a paintball war in the cemetery in town here this past summer. SWAT was not called out and as far as I know nobody was killed. When we were kids it was BB gun wars. Paintball guns didn't exist yet. Nobody got killed then either

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I saw a bunch of what looked to be junior high kids having a paintball war in the cemetery in town here this past summer. SWAT was not called out and as far as I know nobody was killed. When we were kids it was BB gun wars. Paintball guns didn't exist yet. Nobody got killed then either

My son and a bunch of his friends used to camp out at our farm and spend an entire weekend shooting paint balls at each other. I knew where they were and they were out of trouble. It was a great time for them.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Blackheart

My son and a bunch of his friends used to camp out at our farm and spend an entire weekend shooting paint balls at each other. I knew where they were and they were out of trouble. It was a great time for them.

kwg

We didn’t have paintball guns either and used our BB guns. We had a 3 pump maximum on the “infantry” and a 5 pump max on the sniper that was on top of the water tower. Nobody died and we killed countless hours just doing what boys do. It made playing war or cowboys and Indians a lot more fun. I remember bringing my SAA clone BB gun to church to kill time with my brother in the playground and parking lot. I shot squirrels with it and did the old shoot at the feet to make him dance trick on my brother.

Good clean fun and we never shot anyone that didn’t ask to be shot. 😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
....can high school seniors sign up to “hunt” an adversary with Nerf guns. It happens every year here when our local police come out with a social media heads up that if you see someone chasing or shooting each other with Nerf guns not to worry since it’s “Senior Assassin” time. Each kid that signs up gets assigned an adversary to hunt and the last man or woman standing is the winner. They all chip in $10 and the winner takes all. It’s awesome and the kids follow the rules.

Our daughter made me laugh my ass off when she said I saw Preston Stuart running down the road without shoes being chased by a kid in a full gillie suit with an “Awesome Nerf Machinegun”. Kids having good clean fun that isn’t politically correct.....just like the good old days. There’s winners and losers and keeping an eye on your surroundings and having your Nerf gun at port arms ensures that you continue to stay in the fight. Being glued to your iPhone is certain elimination. 😉Each person has an anonymously assigned assassin after them just as they have one that they’re stalking. When you’ve been shot you’re out and a new name is assigned to the victor, should he choose to accept it. 😁. These are farm kids from good middle class families and hunting and firearms aren’t scary around here, they’re tools and it’s been my observations of the high school kids I’ve seen move on up throughout the years it gives me great hope that there really is hope in today’s youth. My little area is ubiquitous with small towns throughout this great nation, north, south, east and west there are good kids that buck hay in the summer or work cleaning out stalls. McDonald’s is actually an entry level job for a young high schooler instead of a career for the Mexican McDonald’s Mafia. Trap shooting is offered as a sport and opening weekend means attendance is down, it’s understood that “family business” includes family bonding time.

With the endless cacophony of the 24 hour news cycle I like to know that it’s not necessarily all lost, there’s a huge patriotic and quiet group of young men and women that will continue to build this country into greatness or fight those who seek to destroy it.

That’s great!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Far out!

1Minute
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Paintball was a lot of fun.

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

426 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 303savage, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,112
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.