Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by ldholton
When the Canik tp9sf first arrived I mention how great they was in the value most of you f****** laughed at me now you're praising them. You're kind of slow to catch on sometimes. I have an Elite model and sfx and SF the only thing that comes close to these in a factory gun is Walther PPQ which by not coincidence many parts are interchangeable eith the canik. As should be noted the canex came with some growing pains from a early models are triggers could very some all the way to the SF bottle after that they've been pretty consistent except in some specialty guns

People are definitely slow to catch on and most of them tend to follow whatever the current trend is; gun forums are no exception. I do understand some of the objection to Canik though since they are from Turkey which is a primarily Muslim country with a somewhat unpleasant history; some guys just don't want to support that and I get it.

FWIW though I wasn't one of the guys laughing at you; I'd been hearing good things about these for a couple years before I got one. You're right about the PPQ comparison, and the Walther analog to the TP9SFx is the Q5 (the PPQ competition model). They are very similar, and a number of people on the competition forums (like BE Forum) who own both have said their Canik is at least as accurate or better.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
Bluedreaux, I am interested in your opinions on the trigger and sights on the APX. For me the APX is replacing my 92F as a primary handgun. The trigger is not as good the single action on my 92F, but neither is any other polymer striker fired pistol in my opinion. Is it to heavy, too much creep, mushy, too long a reset?.For a factory trigger on a polymer striker fired gun, I think that it's okay. In my opinion it's better than a G17 or M&P 2.0 trigger, but probably not as good as VP9 or PPQ. To me the sights are good for factory standard sights, and they are steel not plastic, but I probably will replace them with tritium night sights at some point in the future. One problem that the APX does have is poor aftermarket support, It's definitely not a Glock, S&W or Sig when it comes to accessories available for it. Thanks

Triggers are pretty subjective. If you have tried one and like it, that's all I'd worry about. The one they sent us for T&E had the longest, mushiest, heaviest trigger I've ever pulled. Like a DA revolver, but with the internals full of rice crispy treats. But that's a sample of one.

The front sight is too wide and not proportional to the rear notch. It needs more gap on either side. But if it's getting replaced it doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
M&P for around $300 after rebate. American made with a lifetime warranty.

Glocks are made in Georgia. Does that count?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Bluedreaux, thanks for your insight. My APX is also only a sample of 1.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by MOGC
M&P for around $300 after rebate. American made with a lifetime warranty.

Glocks are made in Georgia. Does that count?

Sure. But I wasn't talking about Glock, I was talking about Smith & Wesson.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Speaking of Glocks, currently, are any coming out of Austria anymore?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Once you shoot a Canik, you’ll never go back.

Dennis

Lets start over and talk about something you know about, like Mexican food.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 65BR
Speaking of Glocks, currently, are any coming out of Austria anymore?

Yes, it still seems to be at least 50% imports.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Tackleman
Once you shoot a Canik, you’ll never go back.

I wouldn't go that far. I like mine and it shoots really well, but I'm still carrying Glocks and don't have any plans to switch.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Palmetto State Armory has the Glock 19 at $399.99.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/glock-19-gen-3-talo-exclusive-9mm-pistol-black-g1915us.html

If that helps.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by 65BR
Good stuff - on the M&P comment on the trigger, would you say it's - 'Mushy/spongy?'

Thanks.

I’ve shot quite a few of the 2.0 triggers and a LOT of the original M&Ps. The new trigger design is much better and more consistent gun-to-gun. I wouldn’t describe the 2.0 triggers as mushy/spongy at all.

I agree on the M&P 2.0 triggers...............mine (out of the box) is as good as any of my worked over Glocks.

MM

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
All good stuff folks, no doubt the 2.0 stepped it up....

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
As far as polymer/striker fired guns, I’ve owned Glocks, M&Ps,and P320s. Honestly, any of them will work. They aren’t so dramatically different to me that I couldn’t make due. I will say, the P320 is the least comfortable for me to shoot. Mine is a 9mm full size that I eventually put into an X-Carry frame. The takedown lever seems to hit the tip of my thumb. The gun also feels more “flippy” than the M&Ps or Glocks I own.

I’ll always own a Glock 17 and a Glock 22. I’ve been carrying M&P 2.0s a lot lately. I have a 5-inch 9mm, a 4.25-inch 40, and a 4-inch 45 “compact”. The 2.0 45 “compact” has been a real winner. Fits in 9/40 holsters and shoots soft for a 45.

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good stuff, thanks.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son stole my M&P M2.0 3.6" the other day. I'm going to order another.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
CZ makes a very well built line of handguns, both polymer and metal. Some pretty experienced guys shoot them, along with their Glocks, 1911s, and H&Ks.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
JOG. Hate that but yes they are solid.
Mackay indeed they have an impressive line up - about everything they make!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At $200 the M&P Shield 9mm is an even stronger contender as a value leader if you're looking for a CCW. I think mine was more than a good value at around $300.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have two Shield 1.0, and they are top shelf for a carry pistol in my opinion. The kicker is they were 250 or so. Pretty great bang for the buck.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a bunch of Glocks and Sigs and love both of those OEMs. Recently I shot one of our son's Canik TP9SF and came away very impressed with the trigger as well as the shop that is producing them in Turkey after some research. Just a month ago that son had also purchased the Elite Canik and we shot that together as well. It was a "smoothed up" G19 in feel to me. Now there is even a smaller version called the SC I think. Apparently it is designed to compete with the P365 and the Hellcat while being a whisper larger all the way around.

I recently bought a Canik TP9SF and have been very pleased with the trigger, the trigger reset, and the overall quality of the shooter. It is comparable, to me, to a G17 and does well in that comparison.

I'm not sure if I will be buying the Elite or the SC model in the near future but not sure either if there will be many more Glocks bought then either.

Canik is a great value, not the best shooter nor the more accurate, simply the best value. IMHO

Last edited by Redhill; 12/14/19.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
681 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.