Print Thread
Hop To
#14234647 10/27/19
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Our herd must have some of Harry Houdini's blood somehow. A wire gate flat as a pancake, and cows, claves, and two bulls all over the farm.

Back in after a merry chase, and fence repair. Just part of having cows I guess.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
We built a bunch of new fence a few years ago with the help of a govt program, I'd forgotten how good life could be not having to chase cows every other day. One of my favorite cows out stories involved a neighbor who put out a big garden, he woke up to a hundred milk cows in his garden at 4:00 am. After we paid for the garden and everyone calmed down he told me that he'd called the wrong number in his haste and told the lady he awoke that her xxxdammed cows were in his garden to which she replied " I ain't got no xxxdammed cows". He then carefully dialed our number.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I hav to rent all my pasture and the fences are crap so we run hot wire....ally's fine till something ground it out..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't had to chase cows that were out in a long time........thankfully. I've done a lot of fencing the past few years, putting up 5 strands of barbed wire to replace some electric fences and some old ones. Cows won't mess with a good hot wire, and they are easy to put up.......but you have to stay on top of them, and I got tired of the deer keeping mine tore up, so that's why I replaced them.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Try fencing goats

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LouisB
Try fencing goats

Best you can do is slow them down!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Guy that I worked for in high school had sheep. They could find any hole in a fence, but when you got them herded back to the hole, they would keep butting into the fence right next to it until the cows originally mentioned in this thread came home.

Another interesting thing was that no one near us had sheep, but we were always winding up with odd ones in with ours. People would stop and drop off a stray that they came upon, thinking it had to be ours.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We run a few cows with a lot of goats. A couple of weeks ago we had 2 cows on the loose. Saw them in with a neighbor's herd and let him know I'd come get them...he brought them back over before I could go get them.

Regarding fencing holding them....we have really good fences, 6 strands of barbed wire with high tensile electric between the ground/first and first/second strands of barbed wire.....but that good fencing didn't seem to slow them down at all when they walked through the gate that I forgot to go back and close....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,399 guests, and 739 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.