Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I’m not a fan of either team but Brady wins hands down.
He’s the best Qb

Last edited by Dan700mn; 10/29/19.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
I’m not a fan of either team but Brady wins hands down.
He’s the best Qb

He is going to win another Super Bowl this year unless the 49'ers trip them up. Belichick is already saying he will coach into his 70's and he quite frankly is way underpaid.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many fail to remember Belichick had a losing record as a head coach prior to Brady as QB.

There is one immeasurable skill that Brady has that sets him apart. He is clutch. King clutch. There is nobody in professional football or arguably all of pro sports, that is as clutch as him. He always delivers in the most crutial moments on the biggest of stages. That is something that can't be coached. Throwing to Gronk in triple coverage in the 4th quarter with SB53 on the line? Forget about it. Coming back from 28-3? Hanging 28 points on the Legion of Boom? 6 Super Bowls, 6 game winning drives. Belichick can get the team prepped to go, but the man behind center has to put it together and make it happen when everything is on the line.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
WGAF? A year ago all you guys were crowing that the NFL was dead to you after the surrender to the Kaepernick kook and Black Lives Matter. Nice to see how long your principles have lasted.

I'm cured of my addiction. I don't have to lay on the sofa guzzling potato chips and beer on Sunday afternoons any more.

Frnkly, I never even heard of Aaron Rodgers. Want to keep it that way.

One does not guzzle potato chips.

One wolfs down potato chips

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by mogwai
WGAF? A year ago all you guys were crowing that the NFL was dead to you after the surrender to the Kaepernick kook and Black Lives Matter. Nice to see how long your principles have lasted.

I'm cured of my addiction. I don't have to lay on the sofa guzzling potato chips and beer on Sunday afternoons any more.

I like potato chips.
Classic Lays actually.
Dont like ripple or ridged chips.
Dont drink.
Sit in a salvation army lazy boy I got for 11 bucks.
My 3 dogs lay on the salvation army 9 dollar couch.

Didnt "crow" about the NFL being dead to me either.
Didnt give one squirt of piss about crapperdick or the blm sideshow.
Or what the ignorant on here have or had ta say about people who like to watch football.
I paid my dues for this country.
IDGAF what others have to say about people watching football.
LMFAO!!!!

In case anyone hasnt noticed kapernick and the black lives matter schit have withered on the vine....

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 10/29/19.
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by mogwai

I like potato chips.
Classic Lays actually.
Dont like ripple or ridged chips.
Dont drink.
Sit in a salvation army lazy boy I got for 11 bucks.
My 3 dogs lay on the salvation army 9 dollar couch.

Didnt "crow" about the NFL being dead to me either.
Didnt give one squirt of piss about crapperdick or the blm sideshow.
Or what the ignorant on here have or had ta say about people who like to watch football.
I paid my dues for this country.
IDGAF what others have to say about people watching football.
LMFAO!!!!

In case anyone hasnt noticed kapernick and the black lives matter schit have withered on the vine....

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

Don't hold back!! Tell us how you really feel!!!

Back on topic...I am a Packers fan. Born and raised in Wis. Love having Aaron Rodgers as QB.

I don't hate the Pats, nor do I like them, indifferent I guess. But I am sick of seeing them in the Super Bowl so often.

Winning is everything. Brady gets my vote.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by vapodog
I
Here's my question to all of you.....If Aaron Rodgers had happened to play for the N E Patriots instead of the Packers, would the Patriots have a better record now than with Tom Brady.....what say you?

They would be more or less the same.

Rogers would likely have performed very similarly to what Brady has done, give the same coaching, offensive plans & philosophy & the same player personnel.

Both are great QB's; so also would have several other great QB's have performed, even going as far back as Johnny U.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's my question to all of you.....If Aaron Rodgers had happened to play for the N E Patriots instead of the Packers, would the Patriots have a better record now than with Tom Brady.....what say you?

Probably. I take nothing away from Tom Brady's hard work. However, had Brady Quinn or Tim Couch (insert any QB here) gone to the Patriots instead of the Browns, I'm confident the Patriots would have won just as many Super Bowls as they have with Tom Brady. I hate the Patriots; but, Belichick is a genius.

Ponder this. Because of their respective running styles, had Emmet Smith played for the Lions and Barry Sanders played for the Cowboys, they may both have just had five year careers as better than average running backs.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 10/29/19.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No doubt Belichick is a great coach, but giving him the credit for the Super Bowls the players win is too much - like giving Eisenhower credit for busting through the hedgerows.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
vapodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In case anyone hasn't noticed kapernick and the black lives matter schit have withered on the vine....

Yup.....but the media no longer televises the playing of the national anthem either.

The kneelers getting no press seems to be the answer to stupidity......remember when we had "streakers"?????.....well they quit giving press to that too and walla…..it went away.....is there a lesson here?

Back to the subject at hand.....will we see the Packers play the Patriots in February?

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I

They would be more or less the same.

Rogers would likely have performed very similarly to what Brady has done, give the same coaching, offensive plans & philosophy & the same player personnel.

Both are great QB's; so also would have several other great QB's have performed, even going as far back as Johnny U.

MM

They are both great QB's talent wise but I have to disagree. Rogers is WAY too self centered to lead cast off and no name players like Brady has. He pouts when he doesn't get his way and throws his team mates under the bus when they lose. He's a prima donna dick head that former players admit they can't stand. I highly doubt you'll hear a former Patriot player say anything but good things about Brady.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't going to comment on this, because it's all pure speculation. Brady has been the beneficiary of playing on best team money can buy, and getting a lot of publicity doing so. However, he will, without a doubt, go down as one of the best players ever in the NFL, simply because he is.

Rodgers on the other hand, has had the bad luck to play in a small market with a limited checkbook, and some poor coaching. Yet, his ability cannot be questioned, as he most certainly may be the best QB in the game today. Some of his throws are absolutely amazing, and a lot of passes have been to less than stellar receivers, while Brady has usually had a better receiving corps.

If Rodgers played for the Pats, they would be every bit as good as they are now, and have been.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by aalf
Tarkenton probably has 47,000 scramble yards to go with 47,000 passing yards.....

He'll be the first one to tell you about it too. That guy needs to go away.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Probably. I take nothing away from Tom Brady's hard work. However, had Brady Quinn or Tim Couch (insert any QB here) gone to the Patriots instead of the Browns, I'm confident the Patriots would have won just as many Super Bowls as they have with Tom Brady. I hate the Patriots; but, Belichick is a genius.

Ponder this. Because of their respective running styles, had Emmet Smith played for the Lions and Barry Sanders played for the Cowboys, they may both have just had five year careers as better than average running backs.

Sorry BigSky but I call dumb on that post. BB is not out there on the field. TB12 is. The system is only as good in its application as the players executing it are at working together. TB is a generational player for a variety of reason. Sticking any garden variety QB in the same place under the same system is no guarantee of the same result. Why can't you people just enjoy watching greatness in front of you? I have had it for near on 20 years and I fully understand after the BB/TB era is over it's likely back to the cellar for us here in NE for maybe ever. Nobody likes to watch something great I guess unless it's their team.

Last edited by bluefish; 10/30/19.

The way life should be.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Wasn't going to comment on this, because it's all pure speculation. Brady has been the beneficiary of playing on best team money can buy, and getting a lot of publicity doing so. However, he will, without a doubt, go down as one of the best players ever in the NFL, simply because he is.

Rodgers on the other hand, has had the bad luck to play in a small market with a limited checkbook, and some poor coaching. Yet, his ability cannot be questioned, as he most certainly may be the best QB in the game today. Some of his throws are absolutely amazing, and a lot of passes have been to less than stellar receivers, while Brady has usually had a better receiving corps.

If Rodgers played for the Pats, they would be every bit as good as they are now, and have been.

Ummm. No.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Conjecture is what one does when reason has left the argument.

The way life should be.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG
No doubt Belichick is a great coach, but giving him the credit for the Super Bowls the players win is too much - like giving Eisenhower credit for busting through the hedgerows.

I, respectfully, disagree. I never said Belichick threw the ball or blocked. That would be like giving Eisenhower credit for busting through the hedgerows or climbing the cliffs. He is somewhat of a tactical savant and convinces players to buy in to his system or they're gone. They buy in and it works. Reverse what I said earlier about quarterbacks. I don't think you could have given many other coaches and their staffs the players Belichick had for all of his Super Bowl wins and seen the same results. I'm a New England hater; but, I have an appreciation of what he and that organiziation have done in the past decade plus. This is just my opinion as their is no way to know if George Brett or Wade Boggs could have hit off of Sandy Koufax or whether Ted Williams could have hit for 406 in one year or had a 344 career average in "the modern era". It's fun to debate; but, we'll never know.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Spot on, especially the part about the differences in market size, payroll, and coaching.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Sorry BigSky but I call dumb on that post. BB is not out there on the field. TB12 is. The system is only as good in its application as the players executing it are at working together. TB is a generational player for a variety of reason. Sticking any garden variety QB in the same place under the same system is no guarantee of the same result. Why can't you people just enjoy watching greatness in front of you? I have had it for near on 20 years and I fully understand after the BB/TB era is over it's likely back to the cellar for us here in NE for maybe ever. Nobody likes to watch something great I guess unless it's their team.

Well, I've been called dumb by much better men than you; so, no problem. The fact is, at the time he went to the Patriots, Brady was a "garden variety QB", to use your terminology, at that time. He did indeed blossom. He did so through his hard work and the system in which he found himself. Somewhere in your reading my post you assumed my supposed lack of appreciation for what New England has done, my lack of recognition of the "greatness in front of [you] me and my lack of enjoyment of having been able to witness it. Nothing could be further from the truth. At the end of the day, when looking at all of the stats, we will be able to honestly debate who is the greatest QB of all time. Brady will always be in that discussion.

I will ad a couple of other points. Brady has had a few super stars in his supporting cast over the years; but, not many. In essence, he (and Belichick) have done more, with less, in my opinion.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 10/30/19.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No, he's completely wrong about market size and payroll.

The NFL has revenue sharing and a salary cap.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 222Sako, 54 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.