-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But wouldn't that make each man a law unto himself? I subscribe to the Catholic faith. The Church says that being complicit in abortion is a grave moral offense. I disagree and have so publicly proclaimed. Therefore I am a good Catholic. This was a grave error in the 1970s when some proclaimed you could be a good Catholic by following your conscience even in opposition of Church teaching. It amounts to a reformulation of moral relativism which if taken to its ultimate reduces to an absurdity. You can be a good person by following your sincerely held moral beliefs, but perhaps you need a different religion.

And there's still the issue of the priest aiding and abetting sacrilege by giving communion to a person who has proclaimed himself in opposition to God's law as determined by the faith to which he claims to subscribe. That in itself constitutes a mortal sin on the part of the priest.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good for the priest. It's pretty powerful when a priest won't give you communion, sort of like politically correctly calling you a POS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Protestants believe that through Jesus they have been given direct access to God, and therefore don’t require a priest for that access; they believe in the priesthood of all believers. God is equally accessible to all the faithful, and every believer has equal potential to minister for God.

Originally Posted by nighthawk
But wouldn't that make each man a law unto himself?

Depends on what you subscribe to...some believe that God has given interpretive authority to the leaders of the Catholic Church. Protestants believe that this grant of correct interpretation is given to all believers, through the Holy Spirit.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But there's something like 36,000 protestant denominations. they all have the correct interpretation? Now I'm not questioning their intentions or sincerety, I'm sure Luther thought he got it right.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
es, correct.........mostly. You start with confession and the pre-communion prayers. But one has to be honest enough to examine one's self honestly and want to change for the better. Creepy Joe doesn't meet the criteria. Plus the priest was correct in denying him Holy Communion since Creepy Joe hasn't shown repentance for his support for abortion and continues to support it. The Church has to maintain a standard.
If the RCC is going to deny Biden communion, they have to also deny it to every single Democrat in the country as abortion is part of the party platform. I can't see them doing that. It would cost them too much money.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Then they should also ban Pelosi and every other catholic in Congress who votes the same way.

They're headed for Hell anyway.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I am not a Catholic,the same priest would refuse communion to me even though I strive to live in a way that any confessing christian should.

That priest has a right to do so because I am not in full fellowship with his church. Biden although nominally a Roman Catholic can be denied communion for the same reason,he has used his political power to promote abortion in this country and throughout the world. Therefore he is not in full fellowship with his church.

There really isn't a story here,the rules are taught and understood in every Catholic Church.

I might add that in my church we have open communion,Biden would be able to participate in communion but we believe that doing so with unrepentant sin in your heart is a serious sin that invites God's judgement into your life.

Biden probably shouldn't do communion anywhere until he repents of his past and present sin with respect to infanticide/abortion.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
But there's something like 36,000 protestant denominations. they all have the correct interpretation? Now I'm not questioning their intentions or sincerety, I'm sure Luther thought he got it right.

So? How many catholic churches are there? I've been to a few and they all do things just a bit different from the other. Same as the "different" denominations do some things a bit different, even within the same "denomination".

Most believe the same essentials though, such as "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." We get there a lot simpler than you catholic folks do and can go boldly before the Throne of God, on our own. No help required. Our's is a relationship, not a religion.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You go up there and the Priest blesses you or something.

Not a nickles worth of difference in the lot.....but you would never know it from all the arguing.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If the RCC is going to deny Biden communion, they have to also deny it to every single Democrat in the country as abortion is part of the party platform. I can't see them doing that. It would cost them too much money.

Yep.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Who gives a rip how many different denominations there are...? Despite the insignificant theological differences between them, there are a few central tenets that all Christians typically hold together...regardless of their particular church or denomination or culture or geographical location. Christians typically believe in God (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), and they typically believe that all humans are sinful and in need of grace, and that only Jesus makes it possible for people to have a relationship with God through His death and resurrection. Christians also typically believe that the Bible reveals who God is, how they can have a relationship with Him, and how they can extend God’s love to other people. Other beliefs and practices are often the cause of disagreements...and they are secondary.

There are essential beliefs (such as those that I mentioned earlier), and there are non-essential beliefs. Individuals do have liberty in non-essential beliefs. Believers do have the personal freedom to have varying interpretations on theological issues that are not clearly presented in Scripture.
“Accept the one whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters… Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master servants stand or fall… So then each of us will give an account of ourselves to God… So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.” - Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22

As another member here recently pointed out - when you get right down to it, every individual is a denomination unto themselves.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joe Biden is wrong, the priest is wrong. I'm not catholic but as someone else pointed out this is introspective.
Where joe is wrong I refer to:
Matthew 6:5
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

This then breaks into the "Lord's Prayer" The "Lord's Prayer" is an example, a teaching exercise. My daughter goes to a Lutheran Pre-school, and they recite this every morning, This has no meaning to these kids, nothing honestly, and I'm sure this will offend many it's like the pledge to the American Flag, these things are recited but have no meaning to the school age children who do it.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You are correct. The Lord's Prayer is a frame work of what prayer should be and not to be regurgitated ad infinitum, although most churches do. But it certainly can be of much value, if you focus and believe on what you are saying.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The true spiritual communion exists only with the believer and the Triune God - it is a purely personal matter and action as a part of one's faith. I cannot find one Biblical statement that designates or authorizes another human being - no matter how highly elevated or titled by a "religious" organization - to intervene or interfere with the communion between a believer and God. In the case of such denial for Biden, it is a non-issue in the reality of such communion. And, who cares?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

you probably cut and pasted that, regardless friday is a holy day, see you in church

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

His mother and brothers thought Jesus was crazy, and dismissed them for those who did believe in Him.

20Then the multitude came together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread. 21But when His own people heard about this, they went out to lay hold of Him, for they said, “He is out of His mind.”
22And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, “He has Beelzebub,” and, “By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.”
23So He called them to Himself and said to them in parables: “How can Satan cast out Satan? 24If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but has an end. 27No one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.
The Unpardonable Sin
28“Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”
Jesus’ Mother and Brothers Send for Him
31Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him. 32And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You.”
33But He answered them, saying, “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” 34And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 35For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Then they should also ban Pelosi and every other catholic in Congress who votes the same way.

Amen

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by CCCC
The true spiritual communion exists only with the believer and the Triune God - it is a purely personal matter and action as a part of one's faith. I cannot find one Biblical statement that designates or authorizes another human being - no matter how highly elevated or titled by a "religious" organization - to intervene or interfere with the communion between a believer and God. In the case of such denial for Biden, it is a non-issue in the reality of such communion. And, who cares?

I agree Paul. Why would I pray to Mary when I can go right to the son,Jesus, to intercede for me.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
The true spiritual communion exists only with the believer and the Triune God - it is a purely personal matter and action as a part of one's faith. I cannot find one Biblical statement that designates or authorizes another human being - no matter how highly elevated or titled by a "religious" organization - to intervene or interfere with the communion between a believer and God.

Well said.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.