-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I watch Hickok's videos only if he's reviewing something I'm considering buying, I leave the sound off and when it looks like he's covering a point that interests me, I turn the sound on for a few. I like the guy and he's a good shot, but I'd rather listen to hay grow than watch five of his videos back to back.
'

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm still packing my P938, but like the looks of both handguns. If anyone is interested, right now you can get the Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm for $199 after the $50 rebate from PSA. I ordered one and it looks like it will end up costing $233 including taxes and shipping. That's about as cheap as you can get a new quality handgun these days.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
I'm still packing my P938, but like the looks of both handguns. If anyone is interested, right now you can get the Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm for $199 after the $50 rebate from PSA. I ordered one and it looks like it will end up costing $233 including taxes ans shipping. That's about as cheap as you can get a new quality handgun these days.

Those have been a fantastic deal for a while now. Somewhat made obsolete by the new, slimline, double stack, compact 9mms.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'm still packing my P938, but like the looks of both handguns. If anyone is interested, right now you can get the Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm for $199 after the $50 rebate from PSA. I ordered one and it looks like it will end up costing $233 including taxes ans shipping. That's about as cheap as you can get a new quality handgun these days.

Those have been a fantastic deal for a while now. Somewhat made obsolete by the new, slimline, double stack, compact 9mms.

I agree more is better, but I'm not sure 10 or 11 round magazine makes an 8 round magazine obsolete yet. I'll on occasion still carry my 5 round J frame and don't feel under gunned with it and a couple of stripper clips,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Surpassed maybe. But obsolete? Not by a long shot.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Surpassed maybe. But obsolete? Not by a long shot.

Not even surpassed, just a different approach. The '1.0' Shield is cheap simply because the 2.0 came out.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cute pistol. Hickok is very verbose. Not really interested in getting this or the Sig.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

He can ramble, but the fact is he puts a lot of good stuff in his videos, right down to breaking them down, and comparing them to a bunch of other guns which he knows and knows well. He is not guessing and his opinion is far more valuable than most...

Agree...

But I do believe that he should put a self imposed time limit on his videos.

Then again, he's probably the best spokesman for shooting in the world today. I got no idea just how large his viewership is.
I understood fully, yet still grieved the day he announced that they'd no longer actively promote the NRA.
He's a solid brother to most of us.

Windy..
Solid...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I watch his videos when I have insomnia. Works like a charm!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Try watching nut n fancy. Good values, but loooooong.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope I'm never in a gunfight with the guy, he can shoot. Always liked his videos.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 14 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.