Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The dirt bag arrested has a very long felony rap sheet and his name immediately triggered memories of a couple high profile previous felonies of his. Time to put this mad dog down...

Then I find the rest of the story at the local fly shop... young man, probably 22 at the oldest was in the crowded bar and a slinky thing started rubbing against him. Her "boyfriend" (???) pulled out a very small pistol, likely a .380, and whacked the young fellow in the head. Several patrons jumped on the guy waving the gun around and had him pinned on the floor. Idiot bouncer wades in and pulls the guys off Armstead, at which point he returns the favor by shooting the bouncer in the gut.

The kid that was pistol-whipped has lots of bruising and a serious knot. Some others here likely know him from the fly shop. Mostly bad things happen in bars...

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/A...tal-with-serious-injuries-563917311.html

UPDATE: APD arrests suspect in connection with Gaslight Bar shooting

(KTUU)
By Derek Minemyer | Posted: Sat 12:31 PM, Oct 26, 2019 | Updated: Tue 1:58 PM, Oct 29, 2019

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - Update (Sunday, 5:08 p.m.) - Police have made an arrest in connection with the Saturday shooting at the Gaslight Bar.

According to APD, the shooter has been identified as 27-year-old Reynaldo E. Armstead.

He was arrested and taken to jail on an outstanding felony warrant.

He was additionally charged with Assault, Misconduct Involving a Weapon IV, Misconduct Involving a Weapon V, and Reckless Endangerment.

Original story (Saturday, 12:31 p.m.) - The Anchorage Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred at the Gaslight Bar early Saturday morning.

According to APD, officers responded to the shooting directly across the street from the new police headquarters shortly after 1 a.m. A caller told police a fight started after a man pulled out a handgun and "began waving it around" in a group of people.

A Gaslight Bar employee, identified as an adult male, reportedly was breaking up the fight when the suspect shot him once in the upper body.

An update from APD shortly before 3 a.m. Saturday confirmed the victim was transported to a hospital with serious injuries. The extent of the injuries is unknown.

APD says they do not have leads on a suspect and have not made any arrests. They are still investigating how many people were involved in the incident and why it happened.

Police are encouraging anyone with information regarding this incident to call Police Dispatch at 3-1-1 (option 1) in reference to case number 19-38463.

This story has been updated with a correct spelling of the suspect's first name, which was originally misspelled by police.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Now, Now, Aren't bars, even in AK, gun free zones. And is the shooter legal to purchase and possess a firearm?

If not, there you go, just ask AK to pass a law making illegal to take a gun in a bar, and illegal to hit people in head with a gun, and illegal to shoot people. Problem solved.

My solution is what sounds like yours. one 9mm in the head. GUARANTEE he'll NEVER break another law or harm another person.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It is illegal to carry in bars in AK. The shooter has multiple felony convictions so the laws are clearly not working...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Assault and misconduct involving?

No attempted murder charge??

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I suspect they will revise the charges repeatedly...

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As my CSM said if they would put the gaslight on the list of businesses soldiers can’t go to. The SIR for 4-25 would decrease 80%.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
As my CSM said if they would put the gaslight on the list of businesses soldiers can’t go to. The SIR for 4-25 would decrease 80%.

I get the basic idea, but have no idea how you got there!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 79S

I get the basic idea, but have no idea how you got there!

easy.. The gaslight is trouble..

Last edited by 79S; 11/01/19.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
SIR??? Soldiers In ???

4-25???

Got what you meant, just no idea what you actually said...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Serious Incident Report

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SIR??? Soldiers In ???

4-25???

You lived in anchorage a bazillion years, Fort Richardson in your back yard and you have no idea who 4-25 is? Come on Art...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
4-25?

Is that some new fangled iteration of 6th ID (Light), or 172nd SIB?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LoadClear
4-25?

Uncle Ted got Anchorage/Fort Richardson 4th Bde 25th infantry Division (Airborne) in 2004 bde stood up 2005.
he was also responsible getting 172 reflagged to1-25 sbct to Ft wainwright in 2006. Those two bct’s are one of many Ted Stevens lasting legacy here in Alaska

Last edited by 79S; 11/01/19.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yeah, I was there, just messin with ya and showing my age. Lol

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Serious Incident Report

Got it!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
SIR??? Soldiers In ???

4-25???

You lived in anchorage a bazillion years, Fort Richardson in your back yard and you have no idea who 4-25 is? Come on Art...

Uhhhh....

Uhhhh....

My father was AF?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
4-25?

Uncle Ted got Anchorage/Fort Richardson 4th Bde 25th infantry Division (Airborne) in 2004 bde stood up 2005.
he was also responsible getting 172 reflagged to1-25 sbct to Ft wainwright in 2006. Those two bct’s are one of many Ted Stevens lasting legacy here in Alaska

Big Uncle Ted fan, but that numerology went right over my head...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It is illegal to carry in bars in AK. The shooter has multiple felony convictions so the laws are clearly not working...

A convicted felon with a gun? That should land him in a federal prison for quite a spell. The Feds should be on him like stink on a monkey. Aren't the Federal prosecutors doing their job in Alaska?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

A convicted felon with a gun? That should land him in a federal prison for quite a spell. The Feds should be on him like stink on a monkey. Aren't the Federal prosecutors doing their job in Alaska?

Federal prosecutors are too busy prosecuting subsistence hunters and boaters to worry about the little things like violent federal crimes. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Gaslight, frequented by the local inebriates and homeless natives. I've got a buddy that's a DJ in that place, I hope it wasn't him that was shot.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (35, 44mc, 1eyedmule, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 11 invisible), 1,288 guests, and 843 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,264
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.