Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Douglas. 308 11t. # seven. Sad when it died and replaced with a boots.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My apologies if the pics are reruns.

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Dads bull Krieger. 9t

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
lLillja 9t.

Been doing this whole barrel dance for six months. LOL.

Last edited by fredIII; 11/01/19.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Wilson and a Douglas jammed in a car.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Barrel matter. LOL.

Most advice would be better Dispensed here

And ok at best is exactly what pacnor was hopefully they rebuild modernize and kill it with a new face. Would never wish a gun company such pain.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Brux 9.5t

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Elk Brux, Douglas
Deer. Benchmark, wilson Brux, and a pacnor. πŸ˜‚

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by irfubar
I have had a dozen Douglas barrels and got 2 bad ones. I have had 4 ER Shaw and all have been spectacular... I have had 5 Montana Rifle Co. barrels and they have been very good.
I had one Adams & Bennet and it was very good. I had one Brux and it was good. I have had 3 McGowen and they are ok.....
That's all.....

Me to but it’s an old pic and I only have five left.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too fhuqking funny! I heard the Fence Hopping Dueling Banjo's,before opening the Thread. Always a hoot,to have cross-eyed Droolers "unleash" their very WELL founded Insecurities and swoon Dinks,Rats and Retardation in no particular fhuqking order. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It always pays,to go the extry mile...especially with 1913 MoMo's. Google it. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Key is CAREFULLY packaging the works. Hint. Laughing!

Happiness is predicated upon clear/concise communications,with particulars articulately stated PRECISELY,so as to avoid confusion. Hint. Laughing!

Always prudent to conceal wares in a Reupold Wrapper,to deter them without. Hint. Laughing!

Weather is tough,with a Monsoon/Hurricane,so I'll not expect it back in much more than a week. Hint.

Somebody better get crackin'! Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Who do you guys like for a good barrel maker with a reasonable turn around time and decent prices? Lots of good barrels out there but that turn around can vary greatly.

I have had good luck with Lilja for within $25 of Pac-Nor's price and equal or faster turn-around.

I will not deal with Hart again. What they shipped isn't what I ordered. Essentially I asked for a .75 muzzle on a 700 shank. They sent a #6 straight taper. Despite me sending back the email thread with our discussion about what I wanted, they would not stand behind their mistake and got very abusive. I tucked tail and had the gun built to their specs, not mine. That was my 2nd failure, double regrets, because it wasn't what I wanted and it did not shoot well.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a MοΏ½bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Anybody else smell something like the lid just came off a septic tank? Geezzz, is Stinky around?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Anybody else smell something like the lid just came off a septic tank? Geezzz, is Stinky around?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have Brux, Bartlein, PacNor, and Lilja and all have been screwed on right and shoot. I like to just buy from Bugholes since they have a pretty good selection in stock and I hate waiting. If I want a contour Bugholes doesn't carry I will order it from one of the manufacturers direct. I just ordered a barrel from Lilja less then 2 weeks ago, Melanie just called and told me it was done and she was shipping it today. Wasn't expecting that quick of a turnaround but I will definitely take it.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Who do you guys like for a good barrel maker with a reasonable turn around time and decent prices? Lots of good barrels out there but that turn around can vary greatly.

I have had good luck with Lilja for within $25 of Pac-Nor's price and equal or faster turn-around.

I will not deal with Hart again. What they shipped isn't what I ordered. Essentially I asked for a .75 muzzle on a 700 shank. They sent a #6 straight taper. Despite me sending back the email thread with our discussion about what I wanted, they would not stand behind their mistake and got very abusive. I tucked tail and had the gun built to their specs, not mine. That was my 2nd failure, double regrets, because it wasn't what I wanted and it did not shoot well.

Tom

I have one Hart. It'll be the last.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Tom

Don’t blame you. Never impressed with the only one I have.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Inquiring minds and all that ... ?

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Shilen.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Douglas.

Montana Rifle Co.

E.R. Shaw

Montana Rifle Co.

Adams & Bennet.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by fredIII

Tom

Don’t blame you. Never impressed with the only one I have.

🀣

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Inquiring minds and all that ... ?

Turn around and customer service was exceptional just not impressed with how finicky it's been. Rest of the platform is perfect. Wish accuracy was as impressive as every other aspect of the rifle. I'll go Hawk Hill again next time.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Appreciate it.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 34 invisible), 2,810 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,631
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.