Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
And Leftist wonder why we would EVER need a Weapon. Just think how bad things will get if there ever is a SHTF situation.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Michigan there is NO PRECEDENCE for defense of property. We were so explained by a judge when i sat on a jury for an assault case. Dude beat the $hit out of someone who scratched his car in an altercation. Defense was trying to say he was defending his property. You can only use a gun, sword, fists in defense of yourself or your family from bodily injury. Florida is different but thats how it is in Michigan

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by k20350
In Michigan there is NO PRECEDENCE for defense of property. We were so explained by a judge when i sat on a jury for an assault case. Dude beat the $hit out of someone who scratched his car in an altercation. Defense was trying to say he was defending his property. You can only use a gun, sword, fists in defense of yourself or your family from bodily injury. Florida is different but thats how it is in Michigan

Well, it became a legitimate defense of self situation as soon as he approached with a sword. Now the question is, do you just say, "Okay, it's not worth it ... just take my stuff and leave me alone," or do you stand your ground with your stuff, and defend yourself against the attacks meant to drive you away from your stuff so they can be taken by the attacker?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Fer Chrissakes guys, this ain’t that hard.

Here’s how you defend against burglars with katanas:

You’re welcome.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I didn’t read the replies so I apologize if I’m being redundant but to answer the question about killing someone because they’re stealing. NO!

No. I’m not going to shoot or kill someone that is stealing unless they pose an immediate danger to me or my loved ones. I’m not taking a life because someone is taking my stereo. I’m fully prepared to defend my life and those around me but that’s in self-defense, I’m not defending stuff because stuff can be replaced, but some dumb 16 year old kid that did something stupid one night and wanted my stereo is not worth my eternal conscience. There ain’t no “principle” involved. You don’t get to kill someone based on “principle” nor do you get to kill someone because of your own insecurities as witnessed with the pushing in the parking lot over a handicap spot shooting. I think it’s easy for those that haven’t been around death much to think of life more cheaply. I’ve been around more than my fair share of death as a firefighter and I think that over the years and I’ve grown to appreciate life more and through that lens I see life as more valuable and worth trying to save.

I pray that I can meet my maker someday having only helped save lives rather than taking any but if I do have to take a life I damn sure will be justified, justified beyond just “the principle of it”.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I didn’t read the replies so I apologize if I’m being redundant but to answer the question about killing someone because they’re stealing. NO!

No. I’m not going to shoot or kill someone that is stealing unless they pose an immediate danger to me or my loved ones. I’m not taking a life because someone is taking my stereo. I’m fully prepared to defend my life and those around me but that’s in self-defense, I’m not defending stuff because stuff can be replaced, but some dumb 16 year old kid that did something stupid one night and wanted my stereo is not worth my eternal conscience. There ain’t no “principle” involved. You don’t get to kill someone based on “principle” nor do you get to kill someone because of your own insecurities as witnessed with the pushing in the parking lot over a handicap spot shooting. I think it’s easy for those that haven’t been around death much to think of life more cheaply. I’ve been around more than my fair share of death as a firefighter and I think that over the years and I’ve grown to appreciate life more and through that lens I see life as more valuable and worth trying to save.

I pray that I can meet my maker someday having only helped save lives rather than taking any but if I do have to take a life I damn sure will be justified, justified beyond just “the principle of it”.

Outside, I can see your point, but if they invade my home, it is a different matter. If somebody is desperate enough to break into my house when I'm home, or my girls are home, things will get serious fast.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
When you steal a person's property, you've stolen the part of their life that it took to earn the money to purchase that property.

I got no problem with shootin somebody that keeps tryin ta steal when there's a person standin right there tellin em ta stop.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They need killing, but I don't need the drama. Let another like him handle that. They do it every day.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Ain’t worth the grief!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put things out that I want stolen so I can buy a new one. I drove around with a Jiffy ice auger in the back of my pickup for 4 months hoping someone would steal it. Sadly, I still have it and it digs like a mad badger just so heavy.

You have to wonder if the homeowner left the stuff out just to enjoy the bumfights.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I guess I am just a rebel. When you kick my door in. I won't be asking what your intentions are.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Biblical justice says eye for an eye tooth for a tooth. The context of that rule was a society similar to what we see among the Islamofacists; dishonor my sister and we’ll kill your whole clan.

In this case the higher law would suggest that you not draw blood over a cart.

I am fine allowing someone to take off with my property and have to deal with it later in a court of law rather than the question of a killing. Not only legally, but morally I’d have a difficult time with that.

An eye for an eye; a cart for a cart?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Even in a good shoot, I shoot someone and I gotta retain a lawyer, likely move, likely quit my job and take another somewhere else. All my property worth insuring is insured.

Moot point so far tho as I cant recall the last time I had anything stolen (knock on wood).

It'd have to be "in the Gravest Extreme" (as Ayoob put it) before I'd willingly resort to deadly force.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Florida again.

So, you vote that the principle wasn't worth defending here? Just let the brothas and sistas take your stuff?

I worked for a utility contractor in greater LA California region who had a policy that if one of the fellas comes up to your pickup truck and decides he wants a few of your power tools or other equipment, you are to do nothing to stop him.

I hope they didn't publicize that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Even the narrator, who is super conservative about saying that anything is a good shoot, stated that had the guy had a handgun and used it, it would have definitely been a good shoot.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I ain’t saying that someone who will come onto my property and steal my schit doesn’t deserve to be shot on general principle, I’m saying that I’m too smart to be the one to do it. Hell, the trip down to the police station ain’t worth it, much less sweating out the grand jury, the publicity, the fear of retribution from family and friends of the deceased, and the feelings of guilt for killing someone. Nope, the juice ain’t worth the squeeze.

As for this case, I’m not sure who the thief is. Even if you took it out of a trash pile, it ain’t yours.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Imagine if your life was at the point where you would go after someone with a sword over a garden cart. I couldn't shoot someone who was in that position, I'd want to talk and see if I could help. That's a bad place to be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
,the fear of retribution from family

Which most commonly is a wrongful death civil suit that will cost ya a mint to defend yourself even if you win.

Came home in the middle of my home being robbed one time, punk 20 year old kid blowing outta the house with part of my stereo system. Could of ended his life right there and again after I chased him down. Just held him for the police to deal with instead, never regretted it. It's just stuff....One can always buy more stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't say I've ever seen a Gas Station Katana before.

Not that I'm actually looking for em. Looking for the restroom instead.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
This would be a good spot for Daemon Dave's Judy chop video.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (338Rules, 338reddog, 308xray, 2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 22 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,110
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.