Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by efw
For over a decade I’ve had a fleece vest from Cabela’s that has a huge pocket in the back making it a backpack essentially. It has pockets in the sides for hand warmers and is nicely put together all the way around.

The sort of thing they probably don’t sell anymore 😡 ?

I bet I have the same one. I’ve not seen it for sale since I bought it!!

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mart
I wear one of these in the dark green but if I hunted an area requiring orange I'd order one. Lots of pockets and a small pack on the back. I was first introduced to them when I was surveying for the Forest Service. Liked them so well I started hunting with them.

vest

Are these very quiet? It seems like that duck canvas might be loud?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought blaze orange t shirts and sweat shirts and parkas and bibs. No matter what I take off or put on, I'm orange.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Primos gun hunter orange vest for past 15 years, carries everything I need , no more backpack.

Benefactor Life Member NRA, Arizona Hunter Education Instructor
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was gifted up a Stormy Kromer for my birthday and so far so good. It won't go over my outerwear though so I picked up a Cabelas Pro Guide model which seems just right for the over layer.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B2

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A plain Jane $6 vest from Sportsmans that fits over anything and everything. I have good pockets in whatever I'm wearing under it. Idaho doesn't require orange so if you prefer pink or paisley, that's fine, too. I've used the vest as a signal so my partners can find me. I just get a long stick and put it up in a tree while I'm sitting under it and I've hung it on a sagebrush while I'm in the brush cleaning a deer or elk.

Same.

Buy expensive clothing that moves moisture, breathes well and then cover with cheap material that does none of that. Not for me. The thinnest, cheapest, mesh vest I can find is what I use.

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Filson Timber Cruiser blaze orange vest. I bought 2 of them a few years ago for $40.00 on sale.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a couple of orange vest. I also have a couple of 4X blaze orange T shirt. They will go over most anything. I used one one year when the temp was warm. Baggy but it worked.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have used this one in solid orange or blaze orange for years. Mine is an older model with squared-off pockets. This is the vest I'd buy over and over again:

https://m.llbean.com/llb/shop/11174...sp=f&attrValue_0=Mossy%20Oak%20Blaze

Bought one for friend from the fire Dober... he liked it so much he outfitted family with the same.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Have used this one in solid orange or blaze orange for years. Mine is an older model with squared-off pockets. This is the vest I'd buy over and over again:

Bought one for friend from the fire Dober... he liked it so much he outfitted family with the same.

Read the reviews on this vest. "Because it's illegal, we could only rate it 3 stars." Lol.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have two of the Cabelas vests with the big pack pocket in the rear. One is straight blaze and the other is blaze camo. Have had them about 20 years. Great quality, but that was before the BP buy out. Don't know if they even offer them anymore.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 11/04/19.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by efw
For over a decade I’ve had a fleece vest from Cabela’s that has a huge pocket in the back making it a backpack essentially. It has pockets in the sides for hand warmers and is nicely put together all the way around.

The sort of thing they probably don’t sell anymore 😡 ?

I have the same vest and agree, very nice vest!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Elkcountry: I prefer the Filson but on occasion I use my Wall blaze orange vest.
Been using them for years and compared to the crap i see my friends wearing (and quickly destroying!) they were/are well worth the few extra dollars I paid for them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 19352012

Read the reviews on this vest. "Because it's illegal, we could only rate it 3 stars." Lol.

That's incredible... obviously from the Ozarks grin

"Illegal in Missouri
We ordered this hunting vest for my son but found out it is illegal to have a camo-print hunter orange vest. So we had to return it. That was a disappointment. Check your hunter rules before purchasing. This was otherwise a very nice, very comfortable vest. But because it is illegal we could only rate it a 3 star."

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

"Illegal in Missouri
We ordered this hunting vest for my son but found out it is illegal to have a camo-print hunter orange vest. So we had to return it. That was a disappointment. Check your hunter rules before purchasing. This was otherwise a very nice, very comfortable vest. But because it is illegal we could only rate it a 3 star."

That vest is similar to the one I use with the exception mine is made out of fleece material.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

"Illegal in Missouri

It's legal in Idaho where no orange is required. It's recommended but not required.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by bt8897
Originally Posted by mart
I wear one of these in the dark green but if I hunted an area requiring orange I'd order one. Lots of pockets and a small pack on the back. I was first introduced to them when I was surveying for the Forest Service. Liked them so well I started hunting with them.

vest

Are these very quiet? It seems like that duck canvas might be loud?

After they've been washed and worn a couple times they are pretty quiet. They're actually pretty good right out of the box but I washed mine twice before I wore it afield.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In KY, you need a full vest and a hat in hunter orange, and it has to be solid -- no blaze-camo.

Lately, I've been scrounging orange vests on ebay.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

This one was 2X and cost $10.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Here's another orange cruiser vest.

vest

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 54 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.