Print Thread
Hop To
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I recently moved and no longer have a convenient place to shoot beyond 350 yards. Three years ago I put together an AR 15 using a WOA 18” predator upper. Since I’m not going to be using it for longer distances I’m the foreseeable future I had thought about moving it along to free up those funds for something else.

I know that the market is soft for selling right now and am willing to sell in this market if it isn’t too bad. The rifle has 1350 documented rounds on it so I’d round that count up to 1400 in case I’ve miscounted a few along the way. These uppers are 610$ new. Based on the current market and the quality of the upper what would you estimate its value to be? Is 75% of new purchase reasonable considering the round count?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$400ish

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1/2 new price

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I appreciate the feed back! With that much depreciation I'll hang on to it for a while longer. It's not competing for space in the safe yet.

Last edited by IZH27; 11/02/19.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by IZH27
I recently moved and no longer have a convenient place to shoot beyond 350 yards. Three years ago I put together an AR 15 using a WOA 18” predator upper. Since I’m not going to be using it for longer distances I’m the foreseeable future I had thought about moving it along to free up those funds for something else.

I know that the market is soft for selling right now and am willing to sell in this market if it isn’t too bad. The rifle has 1350 documented rounds on it so I’d round that count up to 1400 in case I’ve miscounted a few along the way. These uppers are 610$ new. Based on the current market and the quality of the upper what would you estimate its value to be? Is 75% of new purchase reasonable considering the round count?

You don't say how well it shoots. You say it's an 18" barrel for shooting long range, it should be bug holing groups at 100 yards. Post results in the black rifle challenge here and you may get some interest. A good honest sub moa ar is hard to come buy, and that's what I'd be looking for in a longer range AR.... Shoot the shoot, and post the results. Its easy...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
$400ish

Agreed - AR market is very soft...

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by IZH27

You don't say how well it shoots. You say it's an 18" barrel for shooting long range, it should be bug holing groups at 100 yards. Post results in the black rifle challenge here and you may get some interest. A good honest sub moa ar is hard to come buy, and that's what I'd be looking for in a longer range AR.... Shoot the shoot, and post the results. Its easy...

Calm down hot butter.. I’m sure it’s a shooter, not everyone is into the black rifle challenge like you are. While it’s a great tool, for many its not there cup of tea or desire to do it. For me it provided great feedback on what happens on a 20 shot string. Will I ever do it again probably not unless I change bullets, before next yrs midrange shoots.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

712 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,151
Posts18,465,027
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.