Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Has anyone had any experience with the Maven spotting scopes?
rookie

NRA Life member

"You can't fix stupid"
BP-B2

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
No one? Guess they must not be setting the optics world ablaze.

NRA Life member

"You can't fix stupid"
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Whenever I've looked a their products, they appear to be well-spec'd, and have 1 very favorable review.

I'm just guessing they don't have their own factory in Wyoming.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I tried an S2. It was ok. My little 11-33x50 Razor HD was noticeably better though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
my concern is that is a small start up company. the prices are pretty high. I would not spend that kind of money no matter how awesome they are because I feel that resale value would be a huge hit, I feel as start up company like that may not be in business 5 years from now. I will have paid swaro money for a brand that is unproven, and potentially unable to stand behind their product long term if you ever have a problem with it.

Their small straight spotting scope looks kinda cool. wasn't these the same guys that did brunton? depnding on the size of spotter you want, the meopta S2 that doug has for sale right now is a great deal on one of the best spotters you can buy.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
my concern is that is a small start up company. the prices are pretty high. I would not spend that kind of money no matter how awesome they are because I feel that resale value would be a huge hit, I feel as start up company like that may not be in business 5 years from now. I will have paid swaro money for a brand that is unproven, and potentially unable to stand behind their product long term if you ever have a problem with it.

Their small straight spotting scope looks kinda cool. wasn't these the same guys that did brunton? depnding on the size of spotter you want, the meopta S2 that doug has for sale right now is a great deal on one of the best spotters you can buy.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Yup. They may know exactly what they're doing from a design standpoint, but I'd wager a fair bit that it's all coming from one of the Chinese plants, like most of the other newcomers to the optics market. That doesn't have to mean it doesn't spec well, or would be unreliable, but a buyer is $helling-out a lotta coin to find out.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I think they are Chinese, or perhaps assembled with Chinese parts in Wyoming. Pretty tight lipped about the details last I heard. The fact they won't say is enough to cause me to not buy any. I'll let others be the guinea pigs.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The scopes are Japanese

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Not the spotter ... but I was hot to try an RS.2 until it was pointed out that the eye relief is worse than the SS ultralight.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Fotis, do you know that for certain?
If so, how?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
On their web page they claim their scopes to be made in Japan....As in their riflescopes. Those are the only ones I researched so far sir.
Last line -----origin

https://mavenbuilt.com/rs-series-rifle-scopes/

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As for spotting scopes, again last line on page

Origin----- Japanese components assembled in the US

https://mavenbuilt.com/s-series-spotting-scopes/

μολὼν λαβέ

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I have not looked through a Maven product but have been told the 80mm S1 spotter is some serious glass by an acquaintance who is pretty critical of such things. And a friend of a friend interviewed for a job in production end of things and he mentioned that all of their products are assembled in the USA. I don't know if that meant in Lander or elsewhere. The website says the components come from Japan. It appears Maven is attempting the same direct internet sales as Toric. It inspires a bit of confidence to know that there is somebody at Maven who knows how to put them together in the event of repairs.

They have a interesting demo program:
https://shop.mavenbuilt.com/products/demo-unit-s-1a

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In this price range the Meopta S2 is hard to beat. Doug was running a special on them.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston
In this price range the Meopta S2 is hard to beat. Doug was running a special on them.

Amen brother. It's a no brainer for the serious spotter shopper.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by kingston

Amen brother. It's a no brainer for the serious spotter shopper.

We think that saving $900.00 on a new MeoStar 20-70x82 S2 because it has no box is an exciting deal smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
No joke Doug. The S2 is the best spotter I’ve ever looked through and your price is un-real. Times like this are when it’s hard to be broke!

Camera land should consider a layaway plan wink

Last edited by Quak; 11/09/19.

GOD Bless America
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Quak
No joke Doug. The S2 is the best spotter I’ve ever looked through and your price is un-real. Times like this are when it’s hard to be broke!

Camera land should consider a layaway plan wink

We do layaway. Give a call

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Appreciate the replies..all good information!
I was concerned about them (Maven) being new and what their future might be as I have jumped into that arena already with the Tract optics. I purchased a pair of the Toric Schott HT 8x42 binos and a Toric UHD 3-15x42 riflescope and have to say I'm very pleased after using them this season on an Antelope and Mule deer hunt. So that being said maybe one gamble is enough at this time.
I don't care for the angled spotters (sorry Doug ref. the sale you have on the MeoStar...just personal preference) and was interested in the Meopta Meopro spotter when they announced it would be available in a straight model and likely would have purchased one if they had been available before my hunts this year.
Thinking I'll start a different thread on the Optics page asking for opinions on my "short list" of spotters ...when I can decide on what the short list should consist of!
Again, thanks for the input.

NRA Life member

"You can't fix stupid"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
670 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 73 invisible), 3,190 guests, and 1,460 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.