Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I don’t see Jeff as anything but a class act. He did just what your supposed to do when you are deeply involved with an issue. You recuse yourself. People are not used to politicians and judges doing the right thing.
Jeff was a great Senator from Alabama and I’m sure if elected he would continue to be one. Hasbeen

This ^^^^.

Sessions appointed Durham and will be able to testify as a witness against the deep state.

Stealth Jeff is back?

Yes, I have to admit I would trade Cornyn for Session any day. I guess trading, Mittens, Tester, Sasse, Collins would be a no brainer. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sessions should have never recused himself.He capitulated to the Demonrats and in the process illustrated that he is not a fighter.You'll never beat these Demonrats/commies/perverts by kowtowing to their every demand.

Did Kagan recuse herself before hearing the Obergefell v. Hodges case?

Did RBG recuse herself before hearing this same case?

He may be a good senator but he has proven that he was not a good AG.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"He may be a good senator but he has proven that he was not a good AG."

Right now our side could use a few more GOOD senators.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just saw Sessions on Tucker. Class act. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
He has an A rating from the NRA; you fuggin genius's better get rid of him grin grin grin

"A" ratings from the NRA are meaningless. Even a worthless leftist scumbag like Mark Bagitch had one.

Besides, why would you trust an organization that sold out bump stock owners? Where is their credibility?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
why would you trust an organization that sold out bump stock owners? Where is their credibility?

seems your credibility is the one in question.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
He's a swamp rabbit. Need term limits. Shelby needs to go too. These guys are the democrats golfing buddies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

...He needs to enjoy retirement and I know others from Alabama who see it the same way.

not from Alabama, but, agreed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I don’t see Jeff as anything but a class act. He did just what your supposed to do when you are deeply involved with an issue. You recuse yourself. People are not used to politicians and judges doing the right thing.
Jeff was a great Senator from Alabama and I’m sure if elected he would continue to be one. Hasbeen

Agree completely. He's been very unfairly maligned by Trump and his ball washers. Sessions did the ethical thing by recusing himself and is a class act and a rock solid conservative. He was one of Trump's earliest and staunchest supporters and it is really schitty the way Trump treated him.

Pretty much my thoughts on Sessions. I am glad we have Trump, but he could take some lessons on Class from Jeff.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
President Donald Trump has privately warned Jeff Sessions that he will publicly attack him if the former attorney general chooses to run for the Senate in Alabama, according to a report.

Trump forced Sessions out of the administration, enraged by the attorney general's decision to recuse himself from oversight of the Mueller investigation.

Sessions removed himself from the Mueller process because of his involvement in the Trump 2016 campaign, which was a focus of the special counsel's probe.

The New York Times reported that Trump sent a message to Sessions last week warning him of public attacks if he runs for Alabama's Senate seat, which he held held previously for 20 years, from 1997 to 2017 when he became attorney general.

The White House did not respond immediately to Newsweek's request for comment.

The president fired Sessions from the administration in November 2018 after spending nearly two years openly criticizing his decision to recuse himself.

"I don't have an attorney general. It's very sad," Trump told Hill TV in an interview a couple of months before he fired Sessions.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every time I see this stupid thread title I feel like never looking at the Campfire again.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

I am from Alabama and will vote for Sessions if he is the Republican nominee. But he will not be my first choice in the primary because he caused a lot of problems when he recused himself.

At that point the country would have been better off if he had resigned.

He needs to enjoy retirement and I know others from Alabama who see it the same way.

I feel pretty much the same way,just because I won't vote democrat. I think Sessions recused himself more to keep from rocking anybody's boat, than out of honor.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He let the country down, when it needed him the most. I don't trust him.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
There was no reason for Sessions to recuse himself. That was a huge mistake that almost cost the president his position from the start. He may have made a decent senator but he double crossed Ted Cruz to go with Donald Trump and then double Crossed Donald Trump when he needed him the most so I've got no use for him. Were I in his state I'd probably have to hold my nose and support him if he gets the nomination but it would be against my better judgement.

As for Judge Roy Moore, can anyone tell me just what he was convicted of? He was royally vilified by Gloria Allred and her team of democrat witches. His accusers have all been proven liars and can't prove their cases but you'll never hear about it in any court of public opinion because the media dropped it as soon as the RNC and Trump dropped him as a viable candidate. They ruined his reputation and have waged jihad on him for years now for no other reason than he is a unabashed Christian. He was driven from the Supreme Court because of his views on the Ten Commandments and no one would stand with him. He has always stood by Trump and vowed to vote to push his agenda.

It's the reason why Republicans always have are in identity crisis. They can't find the courage to vote their convictions or is it many don't have any convictions. We want lower taxes but we don't want to loose any services in order to get them. We want better pensions but we want someone else to pay them. That's the reason Matt Bevins lost. Sessions is establishment all the way. He's the old guard. McConnell is happy to work with him because the shoe fits well.

He's the comfortable choice.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I'm confused.

I watched his campaign add, so his he running for the Senate, or Trumps Pool Boy?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He vies to retain his place in the swamp.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ya, a tad gutless for sure, but don't see him a a traitor.
He was one of the first to come out and stand with Trump, he just proved himself gutless just like a lot of other republicans.

Now Romney is a traitor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
why would you trust an organization that sold out bump stock owners? Where is their credibility?

seems your credibility is the one in question.

Just exhibiting sarcasm the way you do.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Agree completely. He's been very unfairly maligned by Trump and his ball washers. Sessions did the ethical thing by recusing himself and is a class act and a rock solid conservative. He was one of Trump's earliest and staunchest supporters and it is really schitty the way Trump treated him.

All of this may be true, but you don't take the job and then recuse your self just when you are needed most with out telling "Donald" what you will be doing. I think that is the most unacceptable conduct to blindside a person who is counting on you to carry the mail!! Just my take on his action. Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 11/08/19.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,923 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.