Print Thread
Hop To
B
BigNate Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I've carried a couple different handguns, usually full size in an OWB open top holster. Lately I've found myself wanting to find a comfortable IWB for the Glock 19. I am considering a Crossbreed or Alien Gear IWB. What have you tried?

My EDC in the summer or when easier concealment has been needed has become a Sig P938. Being used to having a easily concealed smaller gun has lead me to use it more often than not because it's concealable but not uncomfortable. There are times when a G19 is more in order, with spare mags. This tends to lead to over-dressing to conceal which is itself both uncomfortable and a little telling if anyone is paying attention. This time of year is far easier, but I'd like to get used to it while long tail shirts or a jacket are common.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I just started using an Alien Gear for my G19 and really like it. Great option for the money.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Redleg172
I just started using an Alien Gear for my G19 and really like it. Great option for the money.

They are comfortable, but a PIA . I like Vetter better.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/09/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hey big Nate, I really reccomend ordering a BlackArch, protos-m holster. Have one for my g26, and is easily the most comfortable holster I have ever owned.
Let me know if you go this route, as I believe this brand deserves more recognition.

Hell if you dont like it I'll buy it from ya, I'm sure I'll have own a 19 someday.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by Redleg172

They are comfortable, but a PIA . I like Vetter better.

Another vote for the Vedder. I find mine to be comfortable and pretty easy to put on & remove.
https://www.amazon.com/Vedder-Holsters-LightTuck-Holster-Models/dp/B07JMTCY2S/ref=sr_1_9?crid=21IH8HZYOH6D&dchild=1&keywords=vedder+holsters+glock+19&qid=1573341190&sprefix=vedder%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-9

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I pack my Glock 19 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 11.

For me, it's VERY comfortable.

Virgil B.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gunfighter's inc Solace hybrid IWB has worked great with my G26. I tried a cross breed with a Kahr CW9 - it doesn't work well at all for me. Too big, bulky, hard to get on, etc.

Regards,

Tom
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

"Chances Will Be Taken"

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have been using a Blackhawk ARC to carry my Glock 19MOS for the past two years. Super comfortable, very well built, adjusts with my movement, and VERY AFFORDABLE! Usually about $15 on Amazon but I recently found them on sale for $8 and bought a few more for other guns. I have an Alien Gear and a few Crossbreeds but these are tough to beat comfort wise, let alone price.

Link...…….

https://tacticalgear.com/blackhawk-a-r-c-iwb-holster-urban-gray

Blackhawk A.R.C. IWB Holster Item #: 4175UG

Designed for covert law enforcement operations and concealed carry use, the Blackhawk A.R.C. IWB Holster provides an appendix reversible carry and sits inside the waistband. This versatile holster features an ambidextrous design as well as two cant and ride height adjustable belt clips. You can customize your firearm security to get the most efficient draw and secure retention by adjusting the amount of friction with the passive retention detent and adjustment screws. This holster is made with injection molded polymer material that provides durability needed for intense settings, yet remains soft enough to be worn all day without discomfort.

Features of Blackhawk A.R.C. IWB Holster
•Ambidextrous design
• Injection molded polymer is both soft and durable
• Compatible with rear-mounted red dots
• Passive retention detent with adjustment screw
• Two cant and ride height adjustment belt clips included for use with 1.5" to 1.75" belts
• Made in MONTANA USA

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
IC B3

B
BigNate Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
These ones that have nothing between skin and gun (Blackhawk, the little one on Amazon,etc.) don't they start chaffing pretty quick?

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Never had any issue and I carry in that rig 10hrs every day. For 35yrs I carried at 3 in an owb rig or at 5 just tucked in my waistband. Since buying this rig it's been my go to!

I would not recommend it for any gun with a hammer ( I have one for my p220) as those will rub and poke you. With the smooth and round edges of the Glock, no problem.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,355
Posts18,468,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.