Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Good for these two.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/20...d-as-oldest-married-couple-in-the-world/

Texas Couple Sets Record as ‘Oldest Married Couple’ in the World

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A couple in Austin, Texas, was recently named the “Oldest Married Couple” by Guinness World Records.

John Henderson is 106 years old and his wife, Charlotte, is 105, which is a combined age of 211 years. John said one of the secrets to their long and happy marriage is being kind to one another.

“Live life in moderation and be cordial to your spouse,” he stated.

The couple met while taking classes at the University of Texas (UT) in 1934, when she was studying to become a teacher and he was playing football for the Longhorn team.

John is also the oldest living former UT football player and has attended games with his wife at least once every season for the past 84 years.

The Hendersons were married during the Great Depression on December 15, 1939, and said the hotel room they rented for their honeymoon only cost them $7 at the time. Next month will mark their 80th wedding anniversary.

Both John and Charlotte are in excellent health and spend their days together at Longhorn Village, a senior living community for former UT staff and alumni.

Social media users took to the Guinness World Record website to offer their congratulations to the Henderson’s on reaching such an important milestone.

“John almost looks the same. His early pictures show that little almost hidden forever smile on his face and it seems to always be there,” wrote Sophia Plummer.

“Thats his secret. There’s a smile. He just keeps looking happy and its worked 106 years. Shes beautiful. Congratulations to this wonderful couple. May God always bless them,” she concluded.

“They are the most amazing couple-both still very sharp. Congratulations Henderson’s!!!!!” wrote Kay Hollenbeck.

In October, a couple in Paris, Texas, who was recognized by Gov. Greg Abbott in 2018 as the state’s “Longest Married Couple” celebrated their 82nd anniversary.

One-hundred-year-old Johnnie Leroy Chaffin and his wife, Fannie, 97, said the secret to their long and happy union was simple.

“Love is all I know. Love is one of the greatest things in the world if it’s done right. And that’s the way it is,” Johnnie said.

“I did love you,” his wife added. “So much, that’s why we had a house full of kids.”

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's a major achievement, being married longer than most people live.
BTW, it's 80 years, not 84. "Next month will mark their 80th wedding anniversary." Not that it matters. It's still huge.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
BTW, it's 80 years, not 84. "Next month will mark their 80th wedding anniversary." Not that it matters. It's still huge.

Absolutely, they've been married longer than the average lifetime in the US.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Quite the feat - 80 years of marriage & 105 & 106 years old , best to them .

Here in the saltwater-south many marriages last about 80 days .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They look like they are in their 70's or 80's in that pic. Hats off to them.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have cousins who have been married over 70 years. She was a junior in highschool when they got married. And no, she was not pregnant either.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Rock Chuck, I believe they're 2 couples. One is the oldest married couple and the other is the longest married couple.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Guess they dated for 4 years, attended football games for 84 years, married 80. "Live life in moderation and be cordial to you spouse." I know my wife would appreciate that. Cheers.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Quite the feat - 80 years of marriage & 105 & 106 years old , best to them .

Here in the saltwater-south many marriages last about 80 days .

yeah, well that is better than Trailer Park Oregon....

they never bother getting married... and usually have no idea who the father of the children were, or how many are fathers of their children.... most of them were too strung out at the time of conception to know...

wonderful to see a couple together in marriage that long...

hope they have had a happy life together....

I was married a 1000 years to my first wife.. but we manage to cram that into 8 years 2 months...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That is amazing

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,334
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.