Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Mossy Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
My wife has gotten into shooting and really wants a handgun of her own. I’m her words , “I want something cute”. Her favorite handgun of mine is my XD9. She’ll shoot it until we run out of ammo.

She saw a robins egg blue Glock G19 at Cabelas today that she fell in love with. What else is out there that I can show her?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sig P365

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If I were you, I kinda would like that she likes the G19..

As long as she can work that slide and shoots it well enough.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Get the blue Glock, Maybe she'll let you shoot it.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah fashion is everything 🤔

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The original M&P Compact has worked out really well for two or three female shooters of my acquaintance.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mossy
My wife has gotten into shooting and really wants a handgun of her own. I’m her words , “I want something cute”. Her favorite handgun of mine is my XD9. She’ll shoot it until we run out of ammo.

She saw a robins egg blue Glock G19 at Cabelas today that she fell in love with. What else is out there that I can show her?

She's already found the gold standard, the Glock 19.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I also really like my Glock 19.

That being said, My Daughter and son in law just gave me a Sig 365 for my Birthday.

This pistol is taking the place of a Glock 43, and the 19 for everyday carry, not that the 19 will ever be replaced completely.

Virgil B.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wanted to add;

As long as your Wife can work the slide on a Glock 19 you're good to go.

I had bought my wife a Glock 42, and she couldn't work the slide.

She is 69 years old, and has arthritis in her hands

We then bought her a S&W EZ, and she still had problems with that, so we traded that for an airframe stainless Chief's Special.

Then had a trigger job done on it. NOW she's finally happy, with a handgun she can operate.

Virgil B

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by viking
Yeah fashion is everything 🤔

For most women, yes, it is, so if you want them to shoot with you, get them something pretty but still reliable.

I learned to Cerakote to make guns pretty for my wife. It's not all that hard. If I can do it, the vast major of guys here can do it.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/11/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only thing to know about the cerakoted firearms is that some have color added to the frame polymer and others have cerakoted frames. Unless something has changed, only Lipsey's has the ones with the molded frames, and I don't think that robin egg blue is one of them. I would expect the painted frame to show wear rather quickly. (I also would expect robin egg blue to show powder residue.) I have a Lipsey's full gray model 19 and it is holding up well, but the Cerakoted slide is showing wear. The Lipsey's two tone may be better, with the regular slide and the molded color frame.

You also may want to take a look at the Sig P365 XL. It is bigger than the Sig P365, but still smaller than the Glock 19. Loaded, it weighs about the same as a loaded Glock 26.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's far from 'cute' but I decided that an LCR in 327 Federal was the most practical for my wife. She really likes it and I feel better about it than the 22 she used to carry.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
there are as many opinions on subjects like this as there are models of handguns. Let her buy what she thinks she wants, if she don't like it you can buy another gun. The sig P365 is in my hands more accurate and has a better trigger than the glocks, but I have glocks as well. If she can load the magazine on her own, and rack the slide, let her get what she wants.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Take her shopping, find out what she likes, then have her shoot one at a range that rents them out. My wife didn't care for much, but was good with a SP101. She shoots whatever with no enthusiasm, UNTIL she tried the S&W MP 2.0. She really likes it, as nd shoots it well. I don't think she's tried the 19s yet.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Mossy: If "shooting" is her main interest then go with the "robin's egg blue" Glock Model 19.
If personal carry is more important then go with the Glock Model 43.
I hope she enjoys whichever pistol she chooses.
Good luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the G19 is a fine pistol, and I love glocks, I have a few of them.. but in my hands there are others that have surpassed it in accuracy out of the box, The SIG P320 compact carry will simply out shoot the G19, then the P365 a much more compact weapon will out shoot the G19 as well in my hands. More aftermarket items for the glocks, better triggers and easier to shoot well sigs. I have had no reliability issues with any of my sigs or glocks.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Beretta tip up .32acp is worth a look.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's face it, if she likes the Springfield XD9, let her have it or buy her a new one, and get it laser engraved and/or Cerakoted any way she wants it. Just don't buy a gun she hasn't shot because of the paint job. Or, buy the Glock and get rid of it if she doesn't like the way it shoots.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
My wife want's me to build her a new Glock 19. She want the slide cerakoted burnt bronze and a rose gold barrel. But at the end of the day, it's still a Glock 19.

If she wears the ceakote of it, that's a win because it means she's carrying it. Just an afternoon project to dissamble, shoot it with another coat and bake.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Mossy

I bought my wife a .22 magnum revolver. It was the only handgun she would take the time to learn to use with any competence. I sometimes wonder what the hell I was thinking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.