Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hey...I am telling ya.

When California finally empties....its gonna be a paradise and you fuggers ain't invited!

"California is a garden of eden,
a paradise to live in or to see,
but believe it or not,
you won't find it so hot,
if you ain't got the dough-re-mi!"

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Someone needs to put a sign up at the California border saying now leaving California would the last American out please bring the flag.

Last edited by Burleyboy; 11/10/19.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Hey,

Nothin' wrong with a doublewide when it's parked on the 7 acre RANCH!

Geno

Haha! Part of my house was slid down the hill from an old abandoned homestead from the early teens.

Nothing against doublewides!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More people in California voted for Trump, than the total off all people and all cows and sheep that live in Idaho.....

just sayin'........

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
7 acre ranch?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sycamore
More people in California voted for Trump, than the total off all people and all cows and sheep that live in Idaho.....

just sayin'........

More people in California crapped their pants today too. Point?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
7 acre ranch?

Wine country you know.........thinking about starting a 7 acre hemp RANCH myself.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Do you survivors really think that we make this shiite up? Do you really believe that every Idahoan inherited a bias against Californians and that only the conservatives are moving here, but we misinterpret their intentions, statements, and actions?

I fully understand that their are many very good conservatives in California. No question. But please stop defending the failure that is that state and expecting us to welcome the cancer into our homes as well.

Ya, I think they do. I think liberalism is spreading in their states just like it did in CA, and they seek to blame millions of people leaving this state out of hatred for liberalism, yet blame for all their states woes.

Just had an old teammate from high school split for Texas last week. Ex-deputy sheriff, hates liberals with a passion, now he just become part of the liberal invasion of Texas.

Then we have statements like this..

"Then the Cali invasion started about the time I graduated HS in 1974"

Really, 1974? That is the same time liberals were still invading California, CA was still yet to break for Reagan two more times.
For almost twenty years the flower children from everyone of your states came flocking here and [bleep] up our state...so, cry me a river. .

Now you have liberals flocking to your liberal cities, ever stop and wonder where the origins of those liberals come from?

Allow me to pluck a few out of todays obits

Jane Marie Bartlett
May 20, 1946 – October 22, 2019
Bend, Oregon
Jane Marie Bartlett of Bend, passed away peacefully with her family at her side on October 22, 2019. She was 73.
Jane was born May 20, 1946, in Detroit Michigan, to Degland and Doris (Adams) Kenealy. A long-time resident of Santa Cruz, California, Jane attended Soquel High School. In 1995, she moved to Central Oregon, where she lived in Bend and Prineville.

Bet she was a flaming liberal!!

--------------------------------------------------
Oh look, a liberal UCSC teacher from IL, came out in 1974

Carol Marie Freeman
July 12, 1944 - October 21, 2019
Resident of Ben Lomond
Carol Marie Freeman died at home on Monday, October 21, 2019 after a short illness.
Born in Chicago, Illinois on July 12, 1944 to Joseph Creanza and Alice Engeson Creanza, she inherited her father's Italian passion and clear-eyed view of the foibles of academe – he was the founding Dean of Chicago Musical College of Roosevelt University – and formidable, uncompromising moral clarity from her mother, a public school teacher and the daughter of Swedish immigrants. Raised in a conservative Chicago suburb, she always afterwards claimed to have been a member of the only family in Glen Ellyn whose name ended in a vowel.
She earned her BA in English from Carleton College in 1966, where she was valedictorian and married Michael Freeman. The two of them went off to graduate school at Yale, where she earned her Ph.D in English in 1971.
In 1974, on what they thought was a lark that would last no more than six months, she, Michael, and their two kids moved to California, Michael to join the faculty of the then – from the Yale perspective – radical new college, the University of California at Santa Cruz. After a few months Carol was recruited to run a writing program at UCSC, with the warning from a not very prescient administrator that the position was only temporary.
She taught at UCSC for forty-three years, most of it as the Coordinator

Thank you IL

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Another who moved out in 1975 for work.

im and Joan then moved to New Jersey. He worked at various companies, including Revlon and Mattel, before finally settling in at T.J. Lipton. Lipton transferred him to California in 1975, where he lived until his death.

Wonder if he was a democrat?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Another from IL

Kathleen Cavada Hugi, 63, left this earth on October, 31, 2019, after a year long fight with Amyloidosis. Kathy was born in Lockport, Illinois, to Robert and Josephine (Savala) Cavada on January 11, 1956.

--------------------------------------------------------

Oh, now here we go, a native Californian, moved to NV, obviously a flaming liberal..

Justin Ray King
September 1, 1972 - November 2, 2019
Dayton, Nevada
Friends and family will gather on Saturday, November 16th in Felton to celebrate the life of a devoted father, loving son and brother, Justin King who passed away in Nevada following a car accident this past weekend. Justin was 47 years old.
Justin was born in Fremont and moved to the San Lorenzo Valley in 1978. He attended San Lorenzo Valley High School. He lived in Dayton, Nevada for the past 15 years.
It will be impossible to replicate the passion he had for a good debate, especially if it involved his Christian faith or politics (or any other topic for that matter) and his fellow participants had better be well prepared. He loved to read, his favorite subjects were religion, psychology, history and science fiction. He was a supporter of the Wounded Warrior Project.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see, Bob sounds like another liberal you wouldn't want coming to your state..

Bob loved to camp and fish with his two sons at Blue Lake in South Lake Tahoe. He and Paula made frequent trips to Oregon to visit with family and trout fish with his oldest son Mark. Bob was also a very talented artist working with stained glass and engraved art glass. He was proud of the decorative bottles that he engraved freehand, and they will continue to be cherished by all those to whom he gifted them.
He and his beloved wife of 63 years, Paula, were long time members of Twin Lakes Church. They sponsored youth groups over their 50 years at Twin Lakes Church and Bob was an active member of the music committees.
Bob is survived by his wife Paula Simmons of Scotts Valley, his sons and daughters-in-law, Craig and Stephanie Simmons of Scotts Valley and Mark and Jami Simmons of Central Point, Oregon. He also leaves his brother, Kenneth Simmons of Modesto. A memorial service will be held at Twin Lakes Church (Monschke Hall) Saturday, December 7, 2019 beginning at 11 a.m.
Private military honors and committal will take place at California Central Coast Veteran's Cemetery in Seaside. Any kind acts of charity made in Bob's memory may be directed to Twin Lakes Christian School: (2701 Cabrillo College Drive, Aptos, CA. 95003).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here is another flaming liberal who was ruining Oregon, of course he came from CA via Oklahoma and New Mexico, but still, he came for CA to OR.

Roland Robertson
Feb. 18,1952- Oct. 8, 2019
Brookings, Oregon
Roland Lee Robertson, longtime former resident of Santa Cruz County, fisherman and tackle shop enthusiast, passed away Tuesday October 8th in a fatal car accident In Northern California. He was 67 years old.
Roland was born in McAlester, Oklahoma. His family moved to New Mexico before setting in Watsonville, California. Roland attended Watsonville High School where his father was a scientist and educator.
From childhood Roland was enthralled with the ocean. He enjoyed all the Monterey Bay had to offer, spending time with friends surfing, fishing and engaging in the growing surf and skate culture in Santa Cruz. Roland became a trusted deckhand on on local party boats and eventually a commercial fisherman on his own skiff names after his beloved daughter. When Roland wasn't fishing, he worked at Bayside Marine and ran the fuel dock at Shamrock Charters.
Eventually the rivers and salmon of Southern Oregon started calling and he retired his life in Santa Cruz to relocate to the Chetco River in Brookings, Oregon. Roland resided in Brookings for the remainder of his time, fishing and providing coveted advice to local and traveling folks at Chetco Outdoor Store in Brookings.
Roland was proceeded in death by his father, Richard Roland Robertson, his mother, Lorena Estelle Smoke, and his brother Euel Robertson.
Roland is survived by his daughter, Rachel Robertson of Santa Cruz, his son in law Omar Castellanos and his grandchildren, Maximus and Catalina Castellanos. He will be greatly missed by many friends across many fishing and surfing communities.
A celebration of life will be held for Roland on Sunday Nov. 10th, 12:00pm at Aptos Village Park. All are welcome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here is a guy from Jersey, he sounds alright, but he did spend some time in Frisco, good thing he passed here and didn't
t come to one of your states.

Tony arrived in the United States through Ellis Island in 1952. He began his journey to fulfill the quintessential American dream with hustle and drive. Working his way from the East Coast to California, he created his new life collecting glass bottles on the boardwalks of the Jersey Shore, mopping the dish pits of New York and perfecting his English as an usher in the movie theaters of Wilmington, Delaware. He eventually made his way to the San Francisco Bay Area with a slick pompadour, chinos and a twisted moustache that made women swoon. It was during this time that he became a self-proclaimed "girl watcher" with a keen eye for the ladies wearing red lipstick and a certain boom-chicka-boom.
Born just before the inception of World War II, Tony was orphaned during the Greek Civil War and saw more than his fair share of rough days which resulted in a life lived to its fullest. He enlisted in the Navy and served his country in Vietnam aboard the USS Midway feeling he got the better end of the deal as he was guaranteed a safe place to sleep and three meals a day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh, CA school teacher moves to AZ..of course he wasn't native to CA.

John was born on December 19, 1946 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Joseph and Louise Bellante. He spent his childhood in Richmond, Kentucky before moving to San Jose, California at the age of 15.
John had a long career as a high school educator teaching business and accounting classes. He retired from teaching in 2007 and he and his wife, Laura, moved to Arizona to enjoy the desert beauty and life by the pool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to apologize to Oregon for this guy, obviously a granola muncher,,

Robert Valenzuela
August 18, 1958 - October 16, 2019
Santa Cruz
Robert Valenzuela, age 61, of Santa Cruz passed away on October 16, 2019. He was born in San Francisco on August 18, 1958 to Gloria and Antonio Valenzuela. Robert grew up in Watsonville but moved to Portland, Oregon in 1982 where he raised his family for the next 20 years. He was a business owner for many years, but found his true calling when he returned to Santa Cruz and began working in security at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Robert loved telling stories about his adventures on the boardwalk while grilling for his family and friends out on the deck. He also enjoyed riding his motorcycle and working on restoring his 1967 Ford Mustang. Robert is survived by his wife Frances, children Maresa and Robert, grandchildren Amaya, Frida, and Dylan, mother Gloria, brothers Anthony, Gilbert, David, and Mark, sisters Rosalie and Gloria Jean, as well as many nieces, nephews, and cousins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys need to get over yourselves, awfully easy to stereotype people

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
........ every person I know that has fled California has been conservative, fed up with the politics. I guess something happens to them along the way?

Many "Conservatives" by California standards might be Leftists by Idaho standards.

Too many CA conservatives are moving to the Black Hills and voting to change this area into Cali Light..... "I'm a conservative, but................".

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Funny...... I came from Montana and set up shop here in California.

I think it’s the east that moved west that ruined California.

I’m not moving.

I’m staying here to fight the good fight.

F u c k you California haters

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You spelled fugg wrong.

Sheesh.

I am MAGA.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by persiandog
BOISE, Idaho — This city sure knows how to roll up the welcome mat — that is, if you happen to move here from California.
Just consider last week’s mayoral election. It was the most competitive race in recent memory, a referendum on growth in the rapidly expanding capital of Idaho. And candidate Wayne Richey ran on a very simple platform: Stop the California invasion.

His basic plan to fulfill that campaign promise? “Trash the place.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ave-of-newcomers-fuels-backlash-in-boise

Danvillians...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Sycamore

just sayin'........

Can’t say I have agreed with you in the past, but you nailed it here

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Do you survivors really think that we make this shiite up? Do you really believe that every Idahoan inherited a bias against Californians and that only the conservatives are moving here, but we misinterpret their intentions, statements, and actions?

I fully understand that their are many very good conservatives in California. No question. But please stop defending the failure that is that state and expecting us to welcome the cancer into our homes as well.

Ya, I think they do. I think liberalism is spreading in their states just like it did in CA, and they seek to blame millions of people leaving this state out of hatred for liberalism, yet blame for all their states woes.

Just had an old teammate from high school split for Texas last week. Ex-deputy sheriff, hates liberals with a passion, now he just become part of the liberal invasion of Texas.

Really, 1974? That is the same time liberals were still invading California, CA was still yet to break for Reagan two more times.
For almost twenty years the flower children from everyone of your states came flocking here and [bleep] up our state...so, cry me a river.

Really 1974! I will stand by that statement. 1974 - 1976 was the time period in which several families immigrated to our little town of 1000 people and joined our little church of fifty.

They sold their homes in LA and Simi Valley for ten times as much as identical real estate around here would cost. Moved up and bought bigger and better homes, then put a big chunk of leftover change into the bank.

A guy can not really blame them, it is only good economic sense. But it sure puts a hurting on us local kids who grew up and worked in this economy our whole life. One watches foreign money come in and inflate the price of real estate about ten times as fast as one can grow a savings account.

The neighboring farm land, which one was eyeballing for $60K in 1990 is now selling for $1.5 mil today. That ain't inflation. One can not even cut enough hay, wheat, or corn off of it to make payments on that kind of price.

That is just an example. Big money is moving in all over the West and buying up farm or ranch lands at unsustainable prices. Some of them are just envirowhackos tying up ground to keep cows and tractors off of it. Some are purchasing their own private hunting preserves. And some just think it is a good place to stash loose cash. But they are usually not good neighbors nor good stewards of the land they own, because they have no concept of land management.

Yeah, the local guys are going to resent the immigrants a bit. But that has been the case since time began. I doubt it will change anytime soon just because some snowflake got his feelers hurt.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The big exodus of liberals will occur when the silicon valley industries get tired of the California mess and start relocating to other states,....and bringing their liberal employees with them.

This article gives an idea of what locations they're targeting.

https://www.investors.com/news/technology/tech-companies-move-east-silicon-valley-companies/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Roland Robertson
Feb. 18,1952- Oct. 8, 2019
Brookings, Oregon
Roland Lee Robertson, longtime former resident of Santa Cruz County, fisherman and tackle shop enthusiast, passed away Tuesday October 8th in a fatal car accident In Northern California. He was 67 years old.
Roland was born in McAlester, Oklahoma. His family moved to New Mexico before setting in Watsonville, California. Roland attended Watsonville High School where his father was a scientist and educator.
From childhood Roland was enthralled with the ocean. He enjoyed all the Monterey Bay had to offer, spending time with friends surfing, fishing and engaging in the growing surf and skate culture in Santa Cruz. Roland became a trusted deckhand on on local party boats and eventually a commercial fisherman on his own skiff names after his beloved daughter. When Roland wasn't fishing, he worked at Bayside Marine and ran the fuel dock at Shamrock Charters.
Eventually the rivers and salmon of Southern Oregon started calling and he retired his life in Santa Cruz to relocate to the Chetco River in Brookings, Oregon. Roland resided in Brookings for the remainder of his time, fishing and providing coveted advice to local and traveling folks at Chetco Outdoor Store in Brookings.
Roland was proceeded in death by his father, Richard Roland Robertson, his mother, Lorena Estelle Smoke, and his brother Euel Robertson.
Roland is survived by his daughter, Rachel Robertson of Santa Cruz, his son in law Omar Castellanos and his grandchildren, Maximus and Catalina Castellanos. He will be greatly missed by many friends across many fishing and surfing communities.
A celebration of life will be held for Roland on Sunday Nov. 10th, 12:00pm at Aptos Village Park. All are welcome.

Rest in Peace, Roland. I think I fished with you on the Chetco. Beautiful river.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

For almost twenty years the flower children from everyone of your states came flocking here and [bleep] up our state...so, cry me a river. .

Now you have liberals flocking to your liberal cities, ever stop and wonder where the origins of those liberals come from?

Allow me to pluck a few out of todays obits

You guys need to get over yourselves, awfully easy to stereotype people

Sorry, but the average Idahoan doesn't do an exhaustive search on the movements of people over the decades. They react to the actual observed comments and actions of those who move in and want to recreate the Utopia of California. If all who moved here did so to escape the ravages of liberalism, enjoy what Idaho offers, and stood in opposition to the thought process (such as it is) that created the problems in California, they wouldn't raise flags, would they? Seems that the defensive Californians may be engaging in the stereotyping.
I honestly feel your pain. Seriously. But please don't expect us to roll over, pee on ourselves, and quietly accept the same fate as the California conservatives. Don't be insulted that we don't want what you now have.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Well you all need to decide what you want, first you tell us to jump ship, then you bitch when many do. Funny thing is, every person I know that has fled California has been conservative, fed up with the politics. I guess something happens to them along the way?

Conservative means different things to different people I guess. I do not know a single conservative Californian that has moved to AK, aside from 458Lott. I do know many that have moved here from CA. And that is judging them on the loose AK definitions....

Well, define it then, where do AK and CA conservatives differ?

Conservative is a loose construct to many. Southern Democrats up to about 30 years ago with strong pro-gun, fiscal restraint, and moral attitudes (real or imagined) were far more conservative than many of today's RINOs. We have an embarrassment of a Senator, Lisa Murkowski,who voted against ObamaCare, but her vote to bring it out of committee was critical. She tries to claim she is conservative...

There are simply so many topics these days where people pick their own course and label.

For example, all but one family I know from CA are militant pro-choice folks.

Most are pro-2A.

Our current mayor is as left as it gets, from San Francisco. He does not claim even the slightest bit of Conservatism...

My personal definition revolves around fiscal responsibility, 2A, Reducing Federal influences (getting the things promised at Statehood, Millions of acres of land mostly), and keeping Gov inside reasonable boundaries.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH
7 acre ranch?

PM going out to you 700.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

332 members (163bc, 22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 29 invisible), 2,702 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,748
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.