Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Does anyone have any experience with the Wilson EDC X9? I really like the looks of the gun and read good things about it in the gun rags. I have never been a big fan of the 9mm but figure I will give it another shot. I have tried a few of the smaller autos in 9mm but they were never comfortable with my big hands. I figure if I am going to get a 9mm I should try a good one.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have any experience with the XDC-9, but I do have a Wilson 1911 & have had a couple of others.

I'm a Wilson fan & overall, they do a great job & I've used lots of their parts.

I would not hesitate to buy anything they make, but depending on exactly what it is & what you are trying to accomplish & how much you are willing to pay, sometimes you can get something similar that, in the practical sense & in the end, does just as well of a lot less $$$$.

But if I wanted a single action, 1911 based 9mm & was willing to pay $3,000, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the XDC.

Ditto for one of their compact 45's & those shoot like a dream, I can imagine the XDC is even better, being a 9mm.

There is always the intangible of what you personally, want to have. The 1911 that I have currently is the smoothest 1911 I've ever had............the slide literally feel like it's on ball bearings & it's more than accurate enough.

MM

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Nothing wrong with the Wilson other than the cringe worthy price, and I say that as a former Wilson owner. Dan Wesson is coming out with a 15 shot compact SA called the DWX for half the price of the Wilson. Top end and trigger is supposed to be 1911 and everything else a CZ 75 ergos. There are pics on the internet, and if I wasn't so clueless I'd include one in this post.

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
But if I wanted a single action, 1911 based 9mm & was willing to pay $3,000, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the XDC.

MM

Yep.

Beside, it's almost Christmas, and you need a gift for yourself.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/13/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by pacecars
Does anyone have any experience with the Wilson EDC X9? I really like the looks of the gun and read good things about it in the gun rags. I have never been a big fan of the 9mm but figure I will give it another shot. I have tried a few of the smaller autos in 9mm but they were never comfortable with my big hands. I figure if I am going to get a 9mm I should try a good one.

Pacecars---I've had one for over a year and a half----it is my favorite handgun by far! I've shot two Gunsite courses, one Steve Hendricks class, one Dave Spaulding class, the GAS match and one Thunder Ranch class with it (each class pushing 1000 rounds +/- and have shot it alot for practice-I'm guessing probably 6000+ rounds)-----it is a remarkable handgun. The feed ramp is almost parallel to the top round in the magazine--feeding has not been a problem---I actually loaded a few magazines once while talking with someone and inadvertently loaded a cartridge BACKWARDS in the magazine---the gun fed the cartridge!!! Of course it would not go all the way in, but I had to get a dowl-rod to knock it out!! The only other failure to feed was during a long speed-loading drill at Gunsite---we were dropping our mags in the gritty sand that they have for a range deck---after about 30 iterations, I had the magazine follower stick and not feed a round just because there was so much grit in the mag. Knocked it out, blew the dust off and it worked fine! At Thunder Ranch a few weeks ago I was using a new manufacture of lead-free frangible and had a few light primer strikes, but have NEVER had that happen with any mixture of ball ammo. For 6000+ rounds, one backward-cartridge failure, one dirty magazine follower and a few light primer strikes due to the ammo ain't a bad record.

It is a little light for a range gun---therefore I've ordered a 5" EDC which has a standard barrel busing and is a little heavier---it should be here in a week or so as they told me build-to-delivery would be about 8 weeks. Bill is coming out with the EDC in a Sub-Compact version which is due to be released around the SHOT show (Jan.)--he's sending me one for T&E for an article for American Handgunner----I got to see and handle a prototype at Bill's ranch in Texas a little over a month ago and it looks fine.

The gun has a Browning High Power/CZ75 feel but with a WONDERFUL trigger---mine's about 3 pounds and crisp. I can't say enough about this handgun--I encourage you to get one. It's the least expensive handgun that Wilson makes, I think. I'm pretty sure that you'll be delighted with it. Their customer service is second-to-none, at least it has been for me.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk.
Greg

Last edited by gmoats; 11/15/19.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
342 members (280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 44 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,724
Posts18,400,607
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.