-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We need replacements for Roberts and RBG.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a legal point here that's worth mention. Remington is in the middle of a trial and asked SCOTUS to intervene. Given the intense pressure of SCOTUS' calendar, they are very reluctant to take on interventions in existing trials, preferring to deal with verdicts from completed trials.

I think the law is very clear that this sort of liability lawsuit is prohibited and that the notion that Remington is somehow an exception because of their advertising is ludicrous, but while I wish SCOTUS had nipped this in the bud, I can see why they didn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve never met a Veteran that thought shooting people was fun, yet video games portray it as such.

On the other hand, I’ve met plenty of hunters that enjoy shooting wild game and plenty of target shooters that enjoy the same.

So we have a hunting video game, a target shooting video game, and a “people shooting” video game.

Which one is preferred training ground for nutjobs?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If this successfully goes forward, it will be the end of the firearms industry. It also has the potential to make gun owners liable if they lose a firearms to theft. If this lawsuit is successful, every scum bag attorney will be filing suits against gun manufacturers in cases involving shootings.

If the Sandy Hook is successful, future litigation will most likely list the firearms dealer and I do not know of any dealer with deep enough pockets to contend or prevail in such a suit. We will also see insurance companies refuse liability insurance to gun dealers and manufacturers.

I hope ammunition companies are not the next targets of litigation.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Insane that *this* is Remington’s fault.

[Linked Image from www-nydailynews-com.cdn.ampproject.org]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t think this is good news. If they lose it break all gun manufacturers. Are Knife makers next?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The Supreme Court has denied Remington Arms Co.'s bid to block a lawsuit filed by families of victims of the Sandy Hook school massacre. The families say Remington should be held liable, as the maker of the AR-15-style rifle used in the 2012 killings.
The court opted not to hear the gun-maker's appeal, in a decision that was announced Tuesday morning. The justices did not include any comment about the case, Remington Arms Co. v. Soto, as they turned it away.
Remington had appealed to the highest federal court after the Connecticut Supreme Court allowed the Sandy Hook lawsuit to proceed in March. The company says the case "presents a nationally important question" about U.S. gun laws — namely, how to interpret the 2005 Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which grants broad immunity to gun-makers and dealers from prosecution over crimes committed with their products.
Remington manufactured the Bushmaster AR-15-style rifle that Adam Lanza used on Dec. 14, 2012, to kill 20 first-graders and six adults at the elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
On the bright side, a loss (nearly certain) by the plaintiffs will settle the issue once and for all.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Lennie
If this successfully goes forward, it will be the end of the firearms industry. It also has the potential to make gun owners liable if they lose a firearms to theft. If this lawsuit is successful, every scum bag attorney will be filing suits against gun manufacturers in cases involving shootings.

If the Sandy Hook is successful, future litigation will most likely list the firearms dealer and I do not know of any dealer with deep enough pockets to contend or prevail in such a suit. We will also see insurance companies refuse liability insurance to gun dealers and manufacturers.

Don't be ridiculous, Are we going to ban hotels because when they burn down lots of people could die. What about bus companies, they crash and kill people all of the time. GM, cigarettes where the hell is this going end.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Gotta re-elect Trump. When RBG finally croaks, and Trump gets a strict constructionist in her seat, Roberts will no longer be the swing vote.

I don't see RBG lasting another 5 years.

MAGA

DF

IC B3

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Was there a dissent in this order?

Carpe' Scrotum
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by Lennie

Don't be ridiculous, Are we going to ban hotels because when they burn down lots of people could die. What about bus companies, they crash and kill people all of the time. GM, cigarettes where the hell is this going end.

The attorney group, who filed the Sandy Hook litigation, is willing to invest a huge amount of money in an effort to earn a contingency fee. I would wager it was a well calculated business decision. Given the right judge and jury, this could prove to be a game changer.

Just look at what happened to the tobacco companies. They have found tobacco companies liable for second hand smoke and they have found employers liable for allowing second hand smoke in the work place.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I would love to be a jurist on this trial.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve
Was there a dissent in this order?

No. It was returned to the lower court without comment.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This could basically end free enterprise in America, as no product can be manufactured to prevent misuse, whats next, matches that won't light, bolts without threads, bridges that no one can leap from, this whole concept is corrupt and should be laughed out of a sane courtroom!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Blame AAA for drunk driving.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Slippery slope, a bs kinda thing

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This is the Creedmore of law suits, senseless, pointless, wasteful, unnecessary and will be prove to be a huge waste of time, energy and money in the end !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe guns will be like ladders, only made by small companies with no money and covered with warning stickers.

I know a family with strip malls, in the trust name, so women cannot sue them for divorce and get anything.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by natman
There is a legal point here that's worth mention. Remington is in the middle of a trial and asked SCOTUS to intervene. Given the intense pressure of SCOTUS' calendar, they are very reluctant to take on interventions in existing trials, preferring to deal with verdicts from completed trials.

I think the law is very clear that this sort of liability lawsuit is prohibited and that the notion that Remington is somehow an exception because of their advertising is ludicrous, but while I wish SCOTUS had nipped this in the bud, I can see why they didn't.

This^^^^^

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 35 invisible), 2,219 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,081
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.