Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Long ago, I moved to Newport Washington, just across the Pend Orielle River from Idaho. I did a lot of work in Idaho in that year, 1977.
Now, I was from Georgia so nobody gave me any grief, I was the only guy from Georgia up there.
But, they hated Californians! I saw lots of bumper stickers that said "DON'T CALIFORNICATE IDAHO."

The word was, if you came up there with California plates, you were going to get a few flat tires, and get your windshield knocked out.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nothing wrong with leaving California. Just don't bring it with you.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BlueDuck

all there is to it...….as far as real estate…...ranchers...farmers...sell or subdivide their property all the time..

locals want the most they can get when they sell...they don't care who buys it......bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You people can talk all the hate to Ca you want. But, if you all think that it is the people from Ca that are messing things up in your state, might want to consider this: There has never been enough people moving into your state to sway politics; this comes from within. Your "educational" system has a LOT to do with it. K thru 12, thru college. You have far more damaging people/voters that grew up in your home state than could ever move there. So please, look in the mirror.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BlueDuck

Ha!

I suspect that would apply to any place.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
If the entire Eastern half of Montana moved to San Fran........they would not like us. Probably try passing a law to keep us out.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Long ago a motorcycle mechanic here had a sign we dont care how you did it in california

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I can recall folks in North Idaho bitching about Californians in 1961 so 1974 is a little late. Californians were viewed as entitled, elitist, jerks. One of my earliest encounters with Californians was a fairly positive one, however. It was in 1963 and a couple of guys were asking where they might be able to get in some fishing. I was thirteen at the time and I told them I could show them some decent Brook Trout fishing. We spent the day visiting spots I rarely got to fish and travelling in style in their Wagoneer. We caught some fish and they seemed to appreciate my guiding service. They paid me ten bucks and some spinners. I suppose, the idea of a thirteen year old kid taking two strangers fishing would be a bit unusual today but I thought nothing of it and ten bucks could buy quite a bit in 1963. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was just in Idaho a week ago and Boise surely has grown quite a bit. Doesn't seem like a lot has changed since that time except for the fact that there are a lot more hunters, i'd have to assume that some of them are from California. My oldest son complains how crowded it has become in the mtns during hunting season but when I took a drive out there the weekend I was there I saw probably a dozen elk camps setup between Prairie and Fall Creek. Stopped at the Little Camas Inn on the way back to Mtn Home and had their locally famous tri tip steak sandwich and it was pretty danged good. I wouldn't blame the population expansion solely on California, there are quite a few folks from Washington and Oregon moving that way but you don't hear people complaining about them, it's always "Kali". lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It is not California as such, it is the attitude named as such no matter where it originates
Given health and opportunity i would move to Wyoming and probably would be labeled as Californian instead of greenie ( license plate color)

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If the entire Eastern half of Montana moved to San Fran........they would not like us. Probably try passing a law to keep us out.

They would probably label you a terrorist group!
I must admit, I enjoy watching liberals heads explode. That would do it.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image from dtjew9b6f6zyn.cloudfront.net]

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
It would mark the only case of De-gentrification perpetrated by white people.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
You came here from there because you didn’t like there, and now you want to change here to be like there.

We are not racist, phobic or anti whatever you are, we simply like here the way it is and most of us actually came here because it is not like there, wherever there was.

You are welcome here but please stop trying to make here like there.

If you want here to be like there you should not have left there to come here, and you are invited to leave here and go back there at your earliest convenience.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from dtjew9b6f6zyn.cloudfront.net]

Priceless! Friggin' great.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's all fun and games until someone's puggle steps on a conibear trap.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Funny,growing up in Boise,2/C plates were the most undesired plates to see,now it's the better place to be than Boise...Back then there wasn't the hate for the occasional California plate that there is now.

The California thing is all over idaho not just Boise.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
And the latest from cali lawmakers:

“Homeless doing drugs and [bleep] on the streets, rat population is exploding, you can't keep power turned on for fear of wildfires... And now they’re banning gas stoves. YES! Gas stoves! There's the real enemy!!”

Is there any wonder why the rest of us want no part of that lunacy?

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I was just in the Boise area with my lifelong best friend that recently moved there.
He just got his wolf trapping certification and I look forward to this winter's festivities.
We hunted bull elk together this fall and due to circumstances, just couldn't seal the deal on the big one.
We attended the NRA banquet in Boise and though we went home without any new rifles, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves even their safes are bulging with iron...🤣
You fools that use the words liberal and Californian interchangeably have a lot to learn...🤣🤣🤣

You haven't seen what happened when California moved in and drove up real estate prices and changed the whole dynamics of the communities they overran. Rile and carp all you want about our dislike for what the invasions brought. You have your roots stuck there. Too bad, too. We would have welcomed you with open arms. You're not who we are addressing...not at all. I've always enjoyed your posts and looked forward someday to meeting you.

We have seen our way of life completely ruined in many instances, and it was done by the flood of urban and suburban California residents who fled for mostly economic reasons...lower taxes and cheaper houses. They brought their anti-hunting, anti-gun attitudes with them, and due to the masses of them now here, it prevails.

Yeah...thanks.
I get it.

Seems like lots just lump us all together, I don't want anything to do with those idiots either.
They work feverishly to ruin my life too.
Sorry I twist off sometimes.

Proud NRA Life Member
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It would mark the only case of De-gentrification perpetrated by white people.

I moved to Las Vegas from So. Cal in 1970 and the population of the entire county was around 70k folks, mostly Mormons and mafia. Since that time the population of the world has doubled and the top 20% has migrated to better, less urban environments, thus phuggin up the good places. Complaining about the new folks has become a recreational activity. A few years ago i wandered through N. Dakota and along the High Line and found out that good folks could still beat the system if they were tough enough.

Better a winter in Malta, Mt. than a weekend East of there. I am trying to start a land rush so that your property values will soar and you can buy more tractorsgrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,072 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.