Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Details please.

The grain in the buttstock kinda looks like a checkerboard,never seen that before.

Sorry, I forget what that particular grain pattern is called. We discussed it here before and a couple of guys had something to call it. It's a Kimber of Oregon Mod 89 BGR Super America 270 W, made between '89 and '91. I worked in the woodshop, in my home town, during the time this rifle was produced, 1990. Likely but not definitively had my hands on it... It's a joy to own because of that!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.........................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Details please.

The grain in the buttstock kinda looks like a checkerboard,never seen that before.

Sorry, I forget what that particular grain pattern is called. We discussed it here before and a couple of guys had something to call it. It's a Kimber of Oregon Mod 89 BGR Super America 270 W, made between '89 and '91. I worked in the woodshop, in my home town, during the time this rifle was produced, 1990. Likely but not definitively had my hands on it... It's a joy to own because of that!

Thanks MtnBoomer. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Details please.

Thanks MtnBoomer. smile

Bees wing is the most common name for the figure type.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Details please.

Thanks MtnBoomer. smile

Thanks. Some of the most beautiful things in nature are wood.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Details please.

Thanks MtnBoomer. smile

Thanks Sitka! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More for you to consider.

The 6.5 will be spinning faster with the typical 1 in 8 ROT 6.5 CM and 1 in 10 ROT 270 Win. Does rpm matter on impact with game? It's certainly not going to be less....

Obviously, 500 fps is a lot.

Does recoil matter to you?

Higher bc will drift less, always. No matter the distance.

Prediction. Doesn't make a darned bit of difference on game because bullet placement is what matters.

Nor sure where you're coming from on the higher B.C. thing. Velocity plays a big part in wind drift.

Take the following examples using Nosler data:

.625 B.C., 6.5 CM, 144g ABLR @ 2731fps
.530 B.C., 6.5-06, 130g ABLR @ 3151fps
.591 B.C., .270 Win, 150g ABLR @ 2913fps

The 6.5CM has the highest B.C., yet it has the most drop and drift and least velocity and energy out to 1000 yards, the limit of my range calculations.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In reference to the two bullets the OP asked about. No? They're darn close, 143 at 2700, and 145 at 3000 are near even for drift at 500, the slower one with higher BC is better yet at 1000 and 1500. Not much though. (Using JBM, G7s, and bullet lengths found).

But sure, you're totally correct when including velocity into my statement... Get my drift? Something like that. It was wrong to state it as an absolute.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/20/19. Reason: edits

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No problem.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
[quote=rickt300]First off I wouldn't take the 670 yard shot with any rifle. Killing an antelope does not mean that much to me. Second unless I trade into one and make out in a big way I will never own a 6.5 Creed. Third the 270 is a fine round, if I actually needed to improve on it I would get my 280AI out, but it has never been hunting. Last but not least I can do a majority of my hunting of deer and antelope hunting with just about any rifle designed to push pointed bullets. I could do all my Texas deer hunting with a 223 if I wanted to. The concern over the recoil difference between a 270 and a 6.5 Creed baffles me. This all said I might just put together a 7-08AI 1-8 twist rifle to shoot steel on the local tactical range, since it is not raining or windy that often here in Texas I can shoot more often than Stick in relative comfort.

rickety,

In fairness,nobody would know better than you,just how poor(literally) your equipment and skillsets are. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Do tell about your "Magical" 280AI. Build particulars are always fhuqking HILARIOUS,when coming from a Whining CLUELESS Texan. Receiver? Barrel? RPM? Stock? Base? Rings? Scope? "Magic" bullet's COAL and velocity,if only for starters. Hint. LAUGHING!

Your STUPIDITY isn't baffling at all,but IS assuredly funnier than fhuqk and only because you are doing your best. In fairness however,I only shoot a coupla 7-08 AI's,but now you can say you've "seen" one,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Well your attempt at being a funny muther fugger is appreciated. But the facts are my skillset as far as shooting goes is up there with you ability to shoot the foot in your mouth. That said the 280AI is built on a Springfield action, Shilen barrel, pretty walnut stock and a Timney (ugh) trigger. It is a good shooter but it won't do a damn thing my 270 can't do. And by the way the 7-08AI is pretty popular in Texas. The rifles you put together, if it were not for the funny paint jobs would all look pretty much the same, utilitarian and boring. Can't knock that but have you ever heard of a true custom rifle builder like Biesen? If you are so well off why do you keep building these rat rifles you could care less about? Think McWhorter, http://www.mcwhorterrifles.com/ now those are true long range hunting rifles. Not some barrel nutted together AK bush orphans.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by fredIII
Yeppers. From back in the good ol' days....

When you could talk at your house with out your wife beating you like a little bitch.

No, when I worked at KoO....

Enjoy your little game.... It's so cool wink

Trust me I am.

That's so cool. Yep, I thought it was funny, what like two or three years years ago? that Stick called you Fredrica, LOL... Have fun, if that's your style. wink

You love that POS and helped him pick and belittle guys as much as you could. Now the trend is changed and you would love for everyone to forget that you were a sidekick. Guess what birdshït lip I’m not the forgiving kinda guy.
PS I’m having a blast.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sorry but you, I and several others on this thread would never be able to distinguish any difference in the field regarding BC between the two. Both are comparable out to 700 yards before seeing any advantages, far beyond most hunting/field use.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Points awarded,for the Double Dog Fhuqk mounting system and glass on that piece of schit. Too fhuqking funny! Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Last week was a purty slow week for me,only got (3) new rifles. Or (2) NIB and a Custom,however Whiner's "math" "works". Hint.

Always wanted to try me out one of them there synthetics,to contend these dusty conditions. Hint.

LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Too fhuqking funny!

Hint....................

Pretty sure he didn’t buy it for the mounting system and scope you stupid son of a bitch.

LOL. The whole quote thing, kills this Rick bin imposed ignore.
But you gotta love a donkey that can’t spot quality and then compares junk to the same. And German Ziess was the best ever last time I heard. LOL.

German Ziess sucks. LOL.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
German Ziess sucks. LOL.

An Biesen with a period correct Zeiss Germany, how can you even show your face with such dogshït wares. Don’t you know serious hunting guns have to entail cnc’s, stainless and ‘glass stocks. Fück your hand fit dog knot of a rifle.

Oops I mean nice Peasant rifle dude, I dig it. 😉

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am glad Fred has finally seen the light and acquired a proper rifle....... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
German Ziess sucks. LOL.

An Biesen with a period correct Zeiss Germany, how can you even show your face with such dogshït wares. Don’t you know serious hunting guns have to entail cnc’s, stainless and ‘glass stocks. Fück your hand fit dog knot of a rifle.

Oops I mean nice Peasant rifle dude, I dig it. 😉

Ya I’m feeling pretty stupid right now. That mounting system needs cut off it with a die grinder.
And some rattle can paint on the stock would definitely make it look better. 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Throw it in the ocean and take a pic of it...... after the paint job of course.... wink

Oh and did Beav share a pic of his whitetail with you? he is playing hard to get... hahahah

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
He did not! Guess we’ll have to twist his arm.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fred,
Where's the tape? Ya gotta have tape, man.
Nice rifle.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (44mc, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,689 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,236
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.