Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got up at 3 am this morning. Had about a 3 hr drive to get to a friends place to pick up some things needed for the house. Got about 15 miles from the house and the truck started shaking with the check engine light flashing. Had this happen once before and it was a coil/spark plug problem. Turned around and back home by 4 am. When the parts house opens, I'll head that way, let them put the meter on it and find out which cylinder isn't firing. Buy the parts and fix it.

Now it will be Sat. at the earliest before I can get over to his place. Might do a little deer hunting.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
That is a bad way to start your morning!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don't want to get going this morning here either. Too cold. Need to get going and head to deer stand, but even though it's heated, I'm in no hurry.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This is the type of morning I couldn't wait for. Temp in teens for deer. 73 now! I'll go for a nice 3 mile brisk walk, early lunch, nap, and hunt in the 30's this afternoon......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman3

Now it will be Sat. at the earliest before I can get over to his place. Might do a little deer hunting.

See?

Silver Lining! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That sucks Randy, At least it's deer season!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ford?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Change of plans........getting ready to go start the truck and hunt out my portable deer stand. It's 10 degrees and too darn cold for me to ride half a mile in a UTV, then wait until Mr. Heater warms up the shooting house. Anyway, haven't seen anything worth shooting, and yesterday afternoon I had 20 does feeding in the cornfield, and one little dink. He was sniffing on every doe in the field.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

See?

Silver Lining! smile

This! turn that frown......upside down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An OBD2 scanner will often tell you which cylinder isn't firing. It helped me out a time or two.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
Ford?

being someone that had to keep spare coils in the cab when I had one, I'm guessing Ford too

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Will be an easy fix, but don't ya hate something like that, when you have plans or things to get done?

hope both the hunt and the repair has positive results Randy...

when ya get high miles on a vehicle, things like that start happening...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In know the feeling. The coils on my Corolla started failing at around 260,000 miles. Second one went out I replaced the other two too. Friggin POS 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

See?

Silver Lining! smile

Lemonade

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Good so far, got a couple of thing done here at work, got a couple more to do. Can’t go deer hunting until weekend after next. December is going to suck as far as hunting goes, family Christmas parties, graduation at Sooner University in Oklahoma. It’s gonna be tough not going.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Change of plans........getting ready to go start the truck and hunt out my portable deer stand. It's 10 degrees and too darn cold for me to ride half a mile in a UTV, then wait until Mr. Heater warms up the shooting house. Anyway, haven't seen anything worth shooting, and yesterday afternoon I had 20 does feeding in the cornfield, and one little dink. He was sniffing on every doe in the field.

Interesting, colder the better IME, at least where I hunt in ND, MN, MT, and WY. Cold forces the deer to feed longer and more often. Does on their feet and feeding means bucks on their feet and chasing.

I had 2 Fords w/5.4's and lost at least 2 coil packs on each. Didn't ever have my truck shake and shudder, just a bit of a rough idle and CEL.

Last edited by horse1; 11/13/19.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by horse1

Interesting, colder the better IME, at least where I hunt in ND, MN, MT, and WY. Cold forces the deer to feed longer and more often. Does on their feet and feeding means bucks on their feet and chasing.

They move good in cold weather here too, especially if you're near a good food source. Unfortunately, the local Mennonites shoot every buck they see, which means few reach maturity, resulting in very few trophy bucks. I'm not a meat hunter, if I was it would be great, as we're over run with does. The Mennonites are supposedly meat hunters, but they'll turn down a big fat doe for a scrawny little spike, just so they nail the antlers up on their barn for their friends to see.

I saw a bunch again this morning, but nothing worth looking at twice.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
22F here at 0700 hrs! Beats the whey out of 100F!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by horse1

I had 2 Fords w/5.4's and lost at least 2 coil packs on each. Didn't ever have my truck shake and shudder, just a bit of a rough idle and CEL.

6 cyl Nissan Frontier, when you lose one cylinder, it shakes the truck. When it first happened, I thought I was having a flat, got out and checked tires. When I started gaining speed, that's when the check engine light started flashing and you could really feel the shaking. Going uphill it's very noticeable, downhill not so much.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have bad coil right now on my f250 v10. Maybe 2. FIIK

Drive it a heavy rain or go thru a creek crossing lose a goddamm coil.

Check engine light won't show everytime on my truck, annd the obd won't even show a pre-code.

Got a bud with some big hoop-a-joop Snap on computer thinger, it won't do it either. And that's even hooked up, driving around with live data.

Whenever I have a bad coil, I have to play Russian Coil Roulette with one new COPS and switch it out. PITA.

I can get a set of 10 new one (AC brand) for about $125 off if Amazon.

(blah blah blah, Bezos, Bloomberg, givin money to Bilderbergers and the Illuminati) some of conspiracy fuggers crack me up

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 53 invisible), 1,965 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,187
Posts18,465,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.