Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Hi. Looking to get a new scope and have both a 2.5x FX-2 and a 1-4x VX-2. I really like having close to 1x available, so my natural choice would be the new VX Freedom line (1.5-4x, IIRC). I was just wondering why you think a 1.5-4x20 VX-2 would cost less than a 2.5x20 FX-2. Manufacturing shortcuts? Lesser glass? This would go on a .32WS '94, so minimal recoil.

Thank you.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

The VX-Freedoms have the same glass as the VX-2's, instead the Freedoms have a design that is simpler to manufacture. Allegedly that doesn't make Freedoms better or lessor than the VX-2. Just uglier.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

The VX-Freedoms have the same glass as the VX-2's, instead the Freedoms have a design that is simpler to manufacture. Allegedly that doesn't make Freedoms better or lessor than the VX-2. Just uglier.......

Good to know, thank you. "Just uglier..." lol

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Good to know, thank you. "Just uglier..." lol

Tell you the same thing I tell my brother when he comments on the "ugly" deer I shoot. You can't eat pretty.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

lol.....true!

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have both.

The VX-Freedom is closer to the 1X you want, and is easier to get behind. It has less eye relief. I cannot comment on how tough it is, but is has withstood a fairly good amount of .458 SOCOM in a light AR-15, recoil calculating about 26 ft-lbs.

The FX-2 is a little more narrow in its FOV and the scope is a little harder to get into the best part of the eyebox. This scope has withstood numerous .45-70 rounds that generate about 40 ft-lbs in my Guide gun, and has eye relief out the yang-yang. I would dare say it is the tougher of the two.

I would have to ponder a while when making a choice for a .32 Winchester Special, I am thinking both have enough durability and eye relief for that round, so it would be a decision of FOV.

As an aside, the "clicks" on the VX-Freedom are real mushy. But, it has held zero on my SOCOM.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I have both.

The VX-Freedom is closer to the 1X you want, and is easier to get behind. It has less eye relief. I cannot comment on how tough it is, but is has withstood a fairly good amount of .458 SOCOM in a light AR-15, recoil calculating about 26 ft-lbs.

The FX-2 is a little more narrow in its FOV and the scope is a little harder to get into the best part of the eyebox. This scope has withstood numerous .45-70 rounds that generate about 40 ft-lbs in my Guide gun, and has eye relief out the yang-yang. I would dare say it is the tougher of the two.

I would have to ponder a while when making a choice for a .32 Winchester Special, I am thinking both have enough durability and eye relief for that round, so it would be a decision of FOV.

As an aside, the "clicks" on the VX-Freedom are real mushy. But, it has held zero on my SOCOM.

Good information. Thank you.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,286
Posts18,467,868
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.