Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Local Sportsmans warehouse had a sale on the Browning X Bolt Max long range .I shot another shooters max at the range,his was 6.5 Creedmoor. I hit a bullseye easily. So I bought one ,with book accuracy loads and using powders that other shooters are saying is the stuff. Hornady 140gr ELD and Sierra 150gr MK I found I could place 5 shots within a 5" circle at 100 yds and that was the best with VLD and about 3" with Hornady ELD . I seated bullets to book recommendations for both bullets . The sierra bullet is a VLD so it was just a few thousands off the lands . My Savage A17 shoots better at a 100yds than this rifle !Gunsmith thinks it's the poor factory bedding. Another shooter has the more expensive X bolt long range in a Carbon stock and he's getting same results . He places the action in another stock that was known for 1/2 MOA and he said its decreased the groups sizes marginally ,he notices it was a few 3 shot groups spread in a larger circle ,so it was a wandering zero ??? Browning doesn't guarantee MOA with this gun . Do you think a new bbl would fix this ?

BP-B2

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What scope mounts and scope are you using? Have you tried any other bullets besides target style?

I
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Warn scope rail ,Warn rings .Trijicon Accupower 5-50x56mm scope 34mm tube... No only Hornady 140 ELD and Sierra 150gr MK .Rifle is at gunsmith's shop being evaluated

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure exactly what model you are talking about. I have a Hells Canyon model that came with the McM stock in 6.5 CM. Using factory Horn ELD X 143gr, it easily does 3/4" MOA. Never touched a thing on the rifle.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

I
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Not sure exactly what model you are talking about. I have a Hells Canyon model that came with the McM stock in 6.5 CM. Using factory Horn ELD X 143gr, it easily does 3/4" MOA. Never touched a thing on the rifle.

I don't know how on this forum to post pictures ,but this rifle was first introduced at 2019 shot show.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I looked up that rifle. Why not call Browning? I would send it to them after the usual suspects were verified, like scope, mounts etc. Maybe they already know something.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

I
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Ok I just got off the phone with Browning tech guy. He said they shoot at 50yds. Also that most of the time the problem with my specific model is the bedding,the crown and a good scrubbing of the bbl. I installed an aftermarket trigger spring and they said they will not shoot it with any aftermarket parts for safety reasons,but would install a factory spring to bring it back up to specs and charge me for the installation of factory trigger spring, and then test fire with factory loads at 50yds. They said they had another exact rifle in and examined it,shot factory ammo and produced a 3 shot group that a quarter would fit over . The tech I spoke with was very helpful and I'm glad I called. If they said a 3 shot group at 50yds covered by a dime that's acceptable ,but a quarter at 50yds no.He was ready to give me a shipping label at no cost. But factory trigger was to heavy and aftermarket trigger made it just right. So having to remove they're trigger and re-order and reinstall my aftermarket in it again is a hassle and costly. My gunsmith will do all that plus do a chamber cast and test fire because I'm a regular customer his prices will be reasonable.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
123 members (257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,775 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.