Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Well fire arms season opens tomorrow, just came in from setting up my blind. good deer sign, even tho bow seasons been a bust for me! My 250-3000 Savage 99 Barrel band Carbine gets the nod again this year! Good Luck to all the Michigan Boys & Happy Hunting!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have never hunted there but always wanted to get to the Upper Peninsula . One day I will just drop my stuff and go.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is the Firth year I haven’t hunted is my home state! I miss it!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ours is Saturday, Best of luck guys ,be safe.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
I have never hunted there but always wanted to get to the Upper Peninsula . One day I will just drop my stuff and go.

You and me both.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It used to great now with the wolves 🐺 not so much!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck, fellas! I miss November 15th opening mornings in Roscommon county when I was a kid! Visiting Lenny's buckpole afterwards to see what got taken that day and hearing the hunting stories.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Coffee is brewing, eggs on on the frying pan, jokes are flying, both my Brothers and a couple of nephews are here, about to head out...good luck to all Michiganiacs and be safe!

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good Luck to all us MI boys

I am in Quanticassee in the Thumb with my 450
The wind is howling from the west and its about 28

Sad my hunting partner of many years at 78 decided to leave for the Keys instead this morning

Did everything to help get ready for the season as he always,does but I think with some flooding issues on the land he is a bit discouraged and said f it

But worked all year on the land getting it ready for me

He is a dam good guy been good to me for 30 almost as,soon as I met him

Hank

On the way in had a buck snort at me pretty pissed I was trespassing on his property

Last edited by boatboy; 11/15/19.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope you guys are having a great hunt today. It would be nice to see some pics of those big bucks.

IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Stacked does this morning over the food plot. Mom shot her first deer ever and her second 15 minutes later. I added another not too long after. No bucks sighted yet.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I cannot believe all the flat landers migrating north, be nice if everyone hunted locally and didnt crowd the northwoods like crazy.
State land is like a warzone, and they have no courtesy at all in the woods.
So if you live in southern Michigan and drive up north, thanks for ruining it every year. The ones who will drive in at first shooting light and sit be a tree 60 yards from your blind.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JackVliet
I cannot believe all the flat landers migrating north, be nice if everyone hunted locally and didnt crowd the northwoods like crazy.
So if you live in southern Michigan and drive up north, thanks for ruining it every year. The ones who will drive in at first shooting light and sit be a tree 60 yards from your blind.

Nice work. Your one, sad, whimpering cry baby internet post just caused 4000 hunters to change their minds about driving 5 hours to hunt, now they will hunt close to home. You're a butthurt crusader for better public hunting, congratulations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hmmmm. Do you pay more than they to hunt it?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

What kind of a crybaby are you? Evidently one that never travels anywhere to hunt and expects everyone else to be just as unadventurous.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I bet you have one of those stupid "public land owner" t shirts.
If you don't like it buy your own damn land and post it.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Oops said the wrong thing, I agree everyone has equal right to all state land.
But if you've never experienced the orange wave and the lack of etiquette, you won't get.
My original post is definitely too bitchy though.
It does bring a lot of business to rural northern towns each fall.

Emotions got the best of me.

Also I hunt private land now, so it does not affect me so much anymore.

Last edited by JackVliet; 11/15/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A guy and brother and father flips their canoe at 7:00 at this morning going the their hunting area. One brother drowned! WTF!

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Oops said the wrong thing, I agree everyone has equal right to all state land.
But if you've never experienced the orange wave and the lack of etiquette, you won't get.
My original post is definitely too bitchy though.
It does bring a lot of business to rural northern towns each fall.

Emotions got the best of me.

Also I hunt private land now, so it does not affect me so much anymore.

Jack , you must be hunting where there are a lot of deer like in Delta Or Meniminee co. There are square miles of public land up there that wont see a single deer hunter this year. If you get up to Amasa and up to Lanse , that is some rough country. There is a guy on the Campfire here that hunts up there . He walks old logging trails and sees noone. He drove around the back roads for 150 miles last year and saw about a half dozen trucks. Not much for hunter numbers .
Where I hunt in northern Wis. There are areas where you will likely never see anyone. I can cross the river on to public land and never see a hunter. There are less and less hunters every year.

Last edited by ihookem; 11/15/19.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This AM started as a true Chit show but it is what it is
Water in my boots just stupid chit

About 2 I noticed a buck in a group of does and worked on getting close enough and with about 15 minutes left of day I got my shot and killed a nice,little 7pt

The only bad thing is my first shot was good and never had to shoot twice with a 450 but he didn't go right down and I didn't want to chance a night search so I shot him again and pretty much ruined a front quarter but immediately he was done
450bushmasters are brutal I always hunted with my muzzle loader and slow to change but killed my first couple and seen how well they work I,am onboard

Overall a good day
Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 11/15/19.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 61 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,230
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.