Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
With their new warranty policy I think they will be getting out of the scope business whether they want to or not.

This^^^^^^. Don't let the door hit them

Nikon has always had warranty issues.

I bought a $10k survey instrument that kept messing up with the onboard software it had. Totally messed my surveying schedule up. It was under warranty, and was shipped to an authorized repair center, they didn't fix it, so I sent it to another warranty center and they finally did fix it.

Warranty period had run out while it was in the shop, and Nikon wouldn't cover it. mad

I sent them several GFY letters to the top levels on Nikon. Didn't do any good. I was even told they didn't care if I was a satisfied customer... OK.

I tell this story every chance I get. It wasn't the couple hundred dollars for the repair. It was the principle.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
With their new warranty policy I think they will be getting out of the scope business whether they want to or not.

This^^^^^^. Don't let the door hit them

Nikon has always had warranty issues.

I bought a $10k survey instrument that kept messing up with the onboard software it had. Totally messed my surveying schedule up. It was under warranty, and was shipped to an authorized repair center, they didn't fix it, so I sent it to another warranty center and they finally did fix it.

Warranty period had run out while it was in the shop, and Nikon wouldn't cover it. mad

I sent them several GFY letters to the top levels on Nikon. Didn't do any good. I was even told they didn't care if I was a satisfied customer... OK.

I tell this story every chance I get. It wasn't the couple hundred dollars for the repair. It was the principle.

I would be pissed off as well .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Bet there will be some fire sale level discounts on the Buckmaster and Prostaff scopes in the next few months.

Don't bet on much warranty help, if needed.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Iffin ya get it cheap enough just look at it as a throw away.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no clue about their warranty because I've never had a Nikon scope go bad, and I've got several of them. I've always thought they were good glass for the money.

IC B2

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have few nikons and they been good to me and think they offer good glass for the money.
I had a warranty issue once. Sent in some older binocs I had and got told to provide receipt and what not.
Didn’t have it. But in the end they took care of me and I ended up with a better binocs then I sent in.
So for “me” Kind of sad to see them go.
But I also agree their new line up is just too busy....Pro staff 3,5,7 monarch 3,5,7. Wtf?

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nikon has come under fire from animal welfare groups and some wildlife photographers over its new 'Monarch' line of rifle scopes, designed for game hunting.

Marketed as being 'Engineered for Safari' Nikon's Sport Optics website carries claims that the new Monarch-series scopes are created 'for those seeking dangerous game adventure on the Dark Continent' - an archaic term for Africa which is controversial in itself.

British newspaper The Independent has published a short feature on the controversy, noting that Nikon's photographic products are often marketed as ideal tools for getting close to, and capturing images of animals, while - crucially - not harming them.

Trophy hunting, of the sort that Nikon's Sport Optics division seems to be explicitly referencing in the marketing materials for its Monarch-series scopes, is hugely controversial. This kind of hunting is highly lucrative for certain African countries, but many claim that it is damaging, too. The Independent cites research by Scientific American magazine research that suggests the practice may have contributed to a halving of the population of lions in Africa over 30 years.

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/3408229447/nikon-under-fire-for-making-rifle-scopes

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Goosey
Nikon has come under fire from animal welfare groups and some wildlife photographers over its new 'Monarch' line of rifle scopes, designed for game hunting.

Marketed as being 'Engineered for Safari' Nikon's Sport Optics website carries claims that the new Monarch-series scopes are created 'for those seeking dangerous game adventure on the Dark Continent' - an archaic term for Africa which is controversial in itself.

British newspaper The Independent has published a short feature on the controversy, noting that Nikon's photographic products are often marketed as ideal tools for getting close to, and capturing images of animals, while - crucially - not harming them.

Trophy hunting, of the sort that Nikon's Sport Optics division seems to be explicitly referencing in the marketing materials for its Monarch-series scopes, is hugely controversial. This kind of hunting is highly lucrative for certain African countries, but many claim that it is damaging, too. The Independent cites research by Scientific American magazine research that suggests the practice may have contributed to a halving of the population of lions in Africa over 30 years.

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/3408229447/nikon-under-fire-for-making-rifle-scopes

So basically Nikon is bending to the leftist liberal tree huggers?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like Nikon has always been ashamed of their relationship with the barbarians of society, no?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
No different than Bausch and Lomb.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Midway shows Buckmasters II 3-9x40 as discontinued .

these came on 2 of the budget rifles i have.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Always felt that Nikon offered the most bang for the buck in binoculars. I still use my first gen monarch 8 x40’s. Also had good luck with the original Buckmaster scopes, Prostaff’s, and older monarchs. The new monarch are way to bulky for me. The pro staff 2-7 is a goodie.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That and then the lack of warranty on Cabelas house brand scopes now....they are setting the stage for their competitors to pick up a lot of business....I know the local Dick's Sporting Goods " Field and Stream" over in Medford is into Nikon Big Time...
birds of a feather flock together....kissing the Tree Hugger crowd's asses...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Again, Pulling out of the NRA Show was huge as far as showing where their allegiances run. Pulling out of SHOT Show 2020 was the final red flag that this was coming. I just hope that they continue to take care of everyone who has warranty issues. There have already been some huge sales and no doubt there will be more. I would assume they will keep their Spot On shooting program going for a few more years to keep those who have BDC reticle scopes happy. Then again, keeping their hunting/shooting customer's happy, IMHO, doesn't seem to matter much to them. I say this a lot, support those who supprt us! From site Sponsor's to 2A rights to hunters and shooters. We have to stick together to win.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

439 members (22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 38 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,401
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.