OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What,are you crazy?

Who wouldn't want to hunt a Cougar.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Stay out of certain nightclubs- - - - -they tend to run in packs there!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
About 30 miles north of my cabin. Hey Roundoak, did you get up there grouse hunting this year? The numbers were down this fall it seems.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The usual Fish & Game policy story ;
According to the DNR, cougars probably disappeared from Wisconsin in 1910, but sightings began again in the 1940s. Although the DNR has confirmed that six individual cougars have visited the state since 2008, the agency has never verified the presence of a female and doesn’t believe a breeding population is present.

It's amazing that they know every animal that 'visited' the state - takes some spectacular outdoor skills , all trained by BrentD ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by roundoak

Every state needs these. WA, CA. NY, DC...... Transplant them in Central Park if you don't want them.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Just like red wolves in Tennessee- - - - - -"They're not here- - - - -but if you see one, don't shoot it!" My wife has pictures of the pair that raised a litter of pups on our place.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
About 30 miles north of my cabin. Hey Roundoak, did you get up there grouse hunting this year? The numbers were down this fall it seems.

Yes, we hunted around Prentice and number of flushes were down. Planned to hunt after gun deer season, but on second thought not going to.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Some really cool pics they captured, Wow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have an azz ton of deer, elk, wolves, bear, and cougar.

Don’t know how long the balance will last, but I do know it’s a lot more fun knowing there are lions and tigers and bears out there.....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
yeah, here in southern Oregon and Far Northern California... we have NO shortage of cougars...

the three huggers act like they are cute little kitty cats....until one eats a local tree hugger...

then we anti Treehuggers are in love with the cougars for a month or two...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wisconsin is within the historical range of the cougar... as is every state in the lower 48. Wisconsin has 17,000,000 acres of forested land. I think the state can handle a few kitty cats. The Western states do fine.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Bears, cougar, and wolves. Two that we are able to hunt, cougar and bear. Between the cats and wolf our deer and elk are losing ground! Bears are more plentiful on the wet side, deer and elk take a triple hit there! Long story ,short you don't want cougar in your hunting grounds!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is SE BC, cougars take down more ungulates than wolves, coyotes or bears. And we have lots of doggies and both species of bear.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

"Although the DNR has confirmed that six individual cougars have visited the state since 2008, the agency has never verified the presence of a female and doesn’t believe a breeding population is present."

They're lying to you good folks, just like the MDNR lied to us, for a very long time they denied any cougars in Michigan even though there were pictures.

A guy I know was looking out his picture window and saw something at his fence line about 300 yds out, he got his binos and realized it was a cougar. He called the DNR and told them about it while he was watching it and they told him he must be mistaken as there were no cougars in Michigan.

After about 10 minutes of arguing about whether or not it was a cougar he said "fine I'll just shoot the thing and send you the head" he hung up the phone, Within 3 minutes the DNR called him back and told him that if he shot the cougar he no doubt would be arrested and jailed, 30 minutes or so later a DNR Officer pulled into his drive way and had a discussion with him.

The rotten basturds lied for a lot of years, I have no trust or faith in the MDNR.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trail cam footage of 10 lifetimes right there! Cool as heck.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Goosey

Wisconsin is within the historical range of the cougar... as is every state in the lower 48. Wisconsin has 17,000,000 acres of forested land. I think the state can handle a few kitty cats. The Western states do fine.

you don't live in the west... so blow it out your ass per usual GooseSchitt...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Lots of hound huntin for bears all summer long in Bayfield county.
Not a lot of them boys do Facebook but if they tree one I’ll hear about it

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Goosey

No they don't, dumbass.

Why don't you do some fact checking. Start with New Mexico and deer populations through the years.

You can always tell a liberal. You just can't tell them much.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Goosey, Just wondering if you guys actually had lions, wolves , and bears in your back yard , if you would think they are so great. If you have no skin in the game keep your opinions to your self!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
681 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 57 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.