Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
We can all thank POTUS for doing the right thing. Now prosecute
[/quote][quote]
those who were involved in this egregious departure from justice.

[quote]Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers accused of war crimes, restores rank to Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher
By Melissa Leon, Lucas Tomlinson | Fox News
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Comments
Print
Email
President Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers, restores rank to Navy SEAL Eddie GallagherVideo
President Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers, restores rank to Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher
Trump signs full pardons for Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance and Army Major Mathew Golsteyn, directs promotion of Special Warfare Operator First Class Edward R. Gallagher.

President Trump has granted clemency to two Army officers accused or convicted of war crimes and restored Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher to the rank of chief petty officer after he was docked a pay grade after being convicted of posing for a photo with a dead Islamic State (ISIS) fighter, the White House announced Friday.

Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance could be released from the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, as soon as Friday evening, six years after being found guilty of second-degree murder. Maj. Matt Golsteyn, a former Green Beret, will have the murder charge against him dropped.

EXCLUSIVE: ARMY MAJ. MATT GOLSTEYN JOINS 'FOX & FRIENDS' SATURDAY AT 6 A.M.

"Today, President Donald J. Trump signed an Executive Grant of Clemency (Full Pardon) for Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance, an Executive Grant of Clemency (Full Pardon) for Army Major Mathew Golsteyn, and an order directing the promotion of Special Warfare Operator First Class Edward R. Gallagher to the grade of E-7, the rank he held before he was tried and found not guilty of nearly all of the charges against him," the White House said in a statement Friday night.

Lorance was six years into serving a 19-year sentence at Fort Leavenworth for ordering his soldiers to open fire and kill three men in Afghanistan. Lorence’s supporters say he killed Taliban fighters. Nine members of his unit testified against him, saying the men were innocent.

New documentary mini-series examines the case of Army 1st Lt. Clint LoranceVideo
Gallagher, a 15-year SEAL whose case garnered national attention, was found not guilty of murdering an ISIS fighter in Iraq in 2017 but was convicted in July of a lesser charge of posing for a photo with the dead ISIS prisoner's corpse.

His punishment included a reduction in rank from chief petty officer to 1st class petty officer, which would have cost him about $200,000 in retirement funds. His family and defense team were fighting to have his rank restored.

"There are no words to adequately express how grateful my family and I are to our president, Donald J. Trump, for his intervention and decision," Eddie Gallagher said in a public statement Friday night. "We would also like to thank the American people for their unwavering support during this very difficult time for my family and I -- we can never thank you enough."

NAVY SEAL EDDIE GALLAGHER'S FAMILY REACTS TO WORD OF POTENTIAL TRUMP ACTION TO RESTORE RANK

"I truly believe that we are blessed as a nation to have a commander in chief that stands up for our war fighters, and cares about how they and their families are treated," he said.

"Our military is the best in the world, and with steadfast and supportive leadership -- like we have in this president, our fighting force will only get stronger," Eddie Gallagher added.

Gallagher family opens up about fighting to clear the name and reputation of Navy SEAL Eddie GallagherVideo
Golsteyn was charged with premeditated murder in the 2010 death of a suspected Taliban bomb maker. His trial was expected to begin next month.

MAJ. MATTHEW GOLSTEYN'S FAMILY REACTS TO WORD OF POTENTIAL TRUMP ACTION, FEARING AFGHANISTAN TRIP

It was the second time the Army investigated the 2010 case after an initial probe didn't find sufficient evidence to bring charges. A second investigation was opened in 2016 and Golsteyn was charged in December 2018. He faced life in prison if convicted and was stripped of his Special Forces tab and Silver Star award for valor.

Golsteyn was charged with murder after telling Fox News' Bret Baier in 2016 that he was concerned that if he released the suspected Taliban bomber, he would strike again. At one point, Baier asked Golsteyn if he'd killed the Taliban bomber.

"Yes," Golsteyn replied.

His family had called the case a "complete set-up," a "farce" and a "kangaroo court."

Wife of Major Mathew Golsteyn gives us an update on the case and his pending murder chargesVideo
Trump had tweeted on Oct. 12 that he was reviewing Golsteyn's case.

"Matthew is a highly decorated Green Beret who is being tried for killing a Taliban bomb maker," the president wrote. "We train our boys to be killing machines, then prosecute them when they kill!

Matt's wife, Julie Golsteyn, had said at the time that the president's tweet had given their family hope.

"I don't know how much more ridiculous it can get," she added. "Matt was cleared and then their story changed. It is so rigged."

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

Fox News' Pete Hegseth first reported earlier this month Trump was expected to take "imminent" action in the cases.

Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said Friday night, "The Department of Defense has confidence in the military justice system. The president is part of the military justice system as the commander in chief and has the authority to weigh in on matters of this nature."

Earlier this month, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said he had met with the president and discussed the cases.

“I offered -- as I do in all matters -- the facts, the options, my advice, the recommendations and we’ll see how things play out,” he told reporters at the Pentagon at the time./quote]

Last edited by bigwhoop; 11/15/19.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Good. Let them do their job !
MAGA

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 11/15/19.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Trump is so much of an improvement over the last POS it's not even funny. It's time we quit second guessing war fighters who have milliseconds to make a decision. Seemed like Obama preferred out men get shot or at least shot at before they could return fire. That is crazy. I'm still convinced he is a traitor to this country.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Now he needs to s hitcan the entire chain of command who allowed these people to be railroaded in the first place. This is one situation where the "first law of plumbing" shouldn't apply- - - - - -the chit needs to flow UPHILL!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I am not convinced Lorance was railroaded. His team all said it did not follow the ROE. But...its all moot now. At least he did six years for it. Some never do half that much time. I just hope those young men who stood their ground and testified can get on with their lives now. The Army is the most politicized branch of the Armed Services. What a mind screwing!

IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Congratulations guys. I figured Trump would get to it eventually. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius "

Arnaud Almaric

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I am not convinced Lorance was railroaded. His team all said it did not follow the ROE. But...its all moot now. At least he did six years for it. Some never do half that much time. I just hope those young men who stood their ground and testified can get on with their lives now. The Army is the most politicized branch of the Armed Services. What a mind screwing!

I am. Three turds on a motorcycle pass a stop point with a satchel of explosives? One got away and their DNA matched those from other bomb attacks, such as the one a week prior to the same unit which resulted in casualties and death, which was why he was placed as leader of it, iirc.

The state leader , Kharzai (sp) was getting flack from the folks over local terrorists being killed at an alarming rate and he put pressure on the Pentagon to prosecute someone. Servicemen being told if they dont rat him out they will have the same charges leveled at them?

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/15/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Golsteyn was charged with murder after telling Fox News' Bret Baier ...

Okay I'm glad he's catching a break but WTF are these guys doing talking to reporters? Ever? For any reason?

It's almost like none of them are taught in special ops training what the Third S is or why it's important.

All things are always on the move simultaneously. - W.S. Churchill
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A travesty. The Pentagon wanted these cases prosecuted.

Trump: *pardons war crimes*
24hourcampfire: "Great news! Now go after the guys who brought the cases!"

And that's how you get folks supporting war criminals while opposing the good guys. It's just that easy! The military brass can't speak out against their commander in chief but you know what they're thinking about that orange POS.

Can't wait for next November!

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
God Bless President Trump!

God bless all of our warriors and their families. They’ve finally got a Commander in Chief that has their backs. Another 4 years of MAGA without worrying about the chitshow that dominated his first term.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hang every butt-kissing general who was promoted during the Obummer administration to the nearest lamp post and let the crows and buzzards pick their traitor carcasses clean. The US military is not some sort of social engineering experiment. Back in the 1970's "Zoomie" Zumwalt just about ruined the Navy- - - -since then, just about any officer above the rank of Colonel has had to have lips the exact shape of a politician's ass to keep his job.
Jerry

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Goosey
A travesty. The Pentagon wanted these cases prosecuted.

Trump: *pardons war crimes*
24hourcampfire: "Great news! Now go after the guys who brought the cases!"

And that's how you get folks supporting war criminals while opposing the good guys. It's just that easy! The military brass can't speak out against their commander in chief but you know what they're thinking about that orange POS.

I'm sure you gobble cock ,like you gobble liberal media BS. I'm so ready for when we can leave bodies like yours laying in the ditch .

Last edited by ldholton; 11/15/19.
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
Great news! Some of the men Orwell spoke of and we need them now more than ever.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"hope springs eternal within the human breast" Alexander Pope. But alas alas it is not to be.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Why? is the only time your boyfriend will hold you is when you cry........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Great for morale. Regardless ("irregeardless" for you folks from Baltimore) of your political stripe or your position on guilt. Message is POTUS has your back!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Jaguar- if that really was the case, then yeah, Lorance got railroaded.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A little Justice is good for the country. I hope this is just a start. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I hope they are vengeful bast-ids.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 60 invisible), 3,139 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.