Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Might get checked for gout. Have heard of guys getting it in elbows and hands if they have arthritis in the joints from heavy use.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
the devil had a wrist brace.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Ginger and pineapple are anti-inflammatories, and will likely make you feel better than you’d suspect they would.

Get a knob of fresh ginger from the grocery store, run it across a cheese grater (for a total of a big spoon’s worth of shavings) into a cup of boiling water, then sip it like tea. Drink two or 3 cups of that for a day or two, and you’ll be feeling lots better.

And it’s cheap.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Did you have to beat him up to get it from him? grin

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
China Gel, you can buy it at Walmart or online. Comes in a jar about the size of a jar of vaseline. Rub it liberally on and around your elbow. Give it 10 minutes, if the throbbing doesnt go away do it again. I've got tennis elbow too, and have never had to apply it more than twice - its amazing stuff.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

The devil ate opioids.

Braces here or there is the sign of a hard working man just getting older. Or .............a pussy. I got 100k that says you ain't a pussy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mother f u c k! With all these home remedies, I don't see how a little tennis elbow or jock itch or whatnot stands a freakin' chance. Just rub on some cbd, eat some pineapples and ginsing or whatever and you'll feel goodern' a bo hawg chasin' a sow!

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 11/15/19.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

While you're doing all the rest of that make an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports injuries.

Chances are he's seen a lot of what you've got and he will know immediately what you need.

All things are always on the move simultaneously. - W.S. Churchill
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Mother f u c k! With all these home remedies, I don't see how a little tennis elbow or jock itch or whatnot stands a freakin' chance. Just rub on some cbd, eat some pineapples and ginsing or whatever and you'll feel goodern' a bo hawg chasin' a sow!

well kill a couple sunday.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ClearAirTurbulence

While you're doing all the rest of that make an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports injuries.

Chances are he's seen a lot of what you've got and he will know immediately what you need.
IME, you go to a surgeon, you're gonna need surgery. You go to an MD, you're gonna need pills. You go to a bone cruncher, you're gonna need popped. Etc. In the old dayz, the home folks just kept some Old Crow in the cabinet for all this stuff.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Get your arse to the doc, skip the regular doc and see a ortho. I went two years with that pain, tried everything cortizone shots, wrist immobilizer, exercises etc and NADA. Had to have surgery, should have gone earlier and should have had the surgery far earlier.

Took about 3 months for full recovery now its strong as ever and no pain.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had something similar and saw a certified massage therapist and he made me realize the pain could get worse, OUCH. After a couple of stints with him the pain cleared and hasn't returned. The therapist laughed the whole time, it was my son and he enjoyed fixing me up. Jerk.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, since we are all providing amateur suggestions without diagnosis, I'll jump in too.

Long-term use of NSAIDs (ie ibuprofen) can cause kidney problems; my wife's aunt is suffering from this now.

The key to NSAIDs is that they are anti-inflammatory, but it takes a high dose and a few days for the anti-inflammatory to kick in. A few years back I had some bursitis (or something similar) in my forearm/elbow. The pain causes inflammation and inflammation causes irritation which causes pain and the cycle repeats. 800mg of Motrin (ibuprofen) 3x/day for 7-10 can break the cycle. Many people quit after a few days when the pain goes away...but then it comes back.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
I had the same trouble and it was from fishing specifically the hook set arm. I commercial fished around 180 days last year so I set the hook on a lot of fish. I got an elbow sleeve and that gave me some relief but then got the Velcro wrap with a small pressure raised section. Put that raised on the tendon and strap it up. It gave me almost instant relief. I often wear the sleeve and the wrap especially when fishing.

This.

Had it so bad that when I bumped my elbow, it would drop me to my knees.

Use ibuprofen to combat swelling. Adjust your activity that is causing the repetitive injury. Stretching regularly helps to minimize. Mine was in my right elbow. I would extend my arm and rotate my hand thumb down as far as I could. Then massage the tendon that was inflamed. That would provide some relief and minimize the issue.

Other than that, rest is what's needed.

I found acupuncture to help quite a bit. Not every acupuncturist is hte same. 1 guy I used was great. Great results. Others I used the results were just ok.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
chit haven't had a beer in three months..... might need to stop beating the meat every morning.

Just use the other hand and take a schitt load of ibuprofen...it takes a WHILE to go away.

This!

A schidt load , by the way, is 800mg 3x a day.
If you can get them in a prescription, that's best.
Or, just take 4 normal ones. And always eat with them.
They will tear up your stomach if you take them without food.

PS. Taking Ibu, aspirin or any NSAID is not for pain, nor does
it make you a pussy.

The biggest reason to take them is to relieve the inflammation.
That will allow the healing process to proceed.

The deep tissue message will help.
You can somewhat do it at home.
You can usually feel the knot in the muscle/tendon.
You personally know when there is pressure applied to ir.
That ain't supposed to be theit.
Use your thumbs or knuckles (therapists use something like a rolling pin)
And work on that knot. It will [bleep] hurt!

Or, it's a bursitis thing.
That's pain in the joint itself.

The NSAID's.
Rest.
Ice.
A wrap might help.
Those copper things? Many swear by them, including my Dad.
Others call BS. Who can be sure?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Uncle went on a trip and left my aunt with $500 cash for an emergency. When he comes home he got a little less than $200 back. She showed him her new copper bracelet and explained that all her pains went away....

Last edited by Bocajnala; 11/16/19.

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
might be bursitis. is there a soft lump on the elbow bone? that schit is tough. i wore one of those elastic thingies for about a year to clear mine up. doctor really had no other cure.

My diploma is a DD214
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Maybe a good reason to buy a S&W 340/360!
Wish I could be more helpful in the medical dept !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JRaw
...pain causes inflammation...

Uh, you have that backwards.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
If you actually have tennis elbow you might try this if you can find a Doc who will do it:

"Mayo Clinic doctors helped develop a minimally invasive procedure that uses ultrasound delivered via a needle-like instrument inserted into the damaged tendon. This procedure breaks up the damaged tissue — which can restore function and relieve tennis elbow pain. It can be performed in a doctor's office and requires no stitches."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tennis-elbow/care-at-mayo-clinic/mac-20351994

I got tennis elbow in 1976 from helping my BIL frame a house and using one of his big framing hammers that I wasn't used to. I couldn't even hold a toothbrush or a cup of coffee the next morning. My Doc told me not to my right hand all even to shake hands. I worked for a living so I had to use my right hand all day every day. He gave a cortisone shot in my elbow and it helped for about a week. I rested when I could and tried everything that has been suggested so far but it took 10 years for the pain to end.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 22250rem, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,001 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,353
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.