Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I just started a month ago. The learning curve has been steep.
But it is 80 degrees here in Phoenix and too cold to morning bowhunt for my son back in NE Missouri.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
dewalt portable table saw. have em drop it off at my place in their travels.

My diploma is a DD214
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Roadside assistance subscription.

They'll be usin it even when they don't think they're usin it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I have know three couples that did the "sell the house and go off in a great adventure in a motorhome" thing and it did not work for any of them. In one case even though they had been happily married for over 40 years when put into a situation where they were in constant close contact it began to erode their marriage. Another couple found out that living day in and day out with minimal items that they had taken for granted was not to their liking. The third couple endured it for about 5 years but then it reached the point where he was no longer capable of safely driving the motorhome and she could not drive it so they had to give it up, this could become a real issue for lots of folks when they reach the point of needing medical care.

But the part that would not work for me is selling a house, which normally appreciates in value, and putting the money into a rolling money pit (a motorhome) something that not only depreciates but requires constant expensive maintenance. At that point what happens is they often end up selling the motorhome fo pennies on the dollar and then either buy another house or go into a nursing home - both options which will cost them more money.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Gift cards are the only thing that they would want from you, when you don't know what they really want.

Maybe an actual picture of yourselves in a magnetic frame that they can stick on the fridge.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not much to add and extra and I’m glad it works for folks but one thing that shocked me in my recent travels was the nightly cost of full-hookup RV slots in KOA and other RV campgrounds. About like staying in a local motel.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I guarantee I can find motels cheaper than most rv hookups lol.

You might not want to stay in them. But I did when I was young and dumb.

Wife and I considered a trailer for our couple long weekends a year. And decided we were further ahead to go the hotel route or cabin rental. We still occasionally drop a tent of I can guarantee good weather.

I'd love to take off in an RV for an extended period of time.
-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Walmart parking lots are free.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 69 invisible), 3,097 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.