Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Watch the Merino Wool deals with 20% merino.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Always check the content...scams are a plenty in "wool" products.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TJ Maxx, Marshall’s, Ross. Lotsa good brands. Doublecheck the ladies section. Yes, ladies section. For whatever reason they can’t telll the difference when they stock the shelves.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I’ve heard about darn tough socks for years but never could convince myself to pull the trigger. After getting just 6 months out of this last batch of wigwam, I just ordered 8 pairs of darn tough. I hope they’re worth the hype

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
I’ve heard about darn tough socks for years but never could convince myself to pull the trigger. After getting just 6 months out of this last batch of wigwam, I just ordered 8 pairs of darn tough. I hope they’re worth the hype

Damn! 6 months is sad...I have years on Costco cheapies and they're something around 70%+ merino wool.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
No Costco near you? Merino.
Why is it....Costco's mens merinos are 70% but the women's are above 80% (exact % varies but always higher than mens)? Womens do cost slightly more/pair but I wouldn't mind paying a tad more for more wool.
I wear them all winter, even inside my Crocs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My socks are made from environmentally sensitive recycled butterfly wings (butterflys that die of natural causes only... of course).

Trump that Paddler

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seriously, Darn Tough. Baulk at $16-23 for a pair. A couple of years later you'll be thinking you're brilliant. They are warranted forever and they stand by it. Day in day out I wear a quarter crew light cushion. Recently bought a selection of boot socks to try. Wont bother with junk, lol, seriously, like those things Costco sells. Wigwam, fuggin garbage.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by ironbender
No Costco near you? Merino.

any more my feet live in those socks...

bought a pair lord knows how many years ago... and the next year I bought another package of 6 socks...and same the following year.... that last package is like 6 years old... I haven't had to use them yet, as they first two packages of socks, are still going strong and I have no idea how long I've been wearing them now...but I wear them year round anymore...

best value in foot wear under the sun in my book....

Mine too. Those Kirkland branded merino wool socks are about medium-weight and always run at 70+ percent wool. Most of the ones I've bought in the last few years are between 72-75% merino wool. My heavy-weight military mountain socks are 75% wool. I buy a couple bundles a year when I do my bush shopping. I now have a sizeable pile of them in the bottom of one of my closets. On average I've been getting about 4 or 5 years of use per pair depending on how well and regularly I keep my toenails trimmed back.:D I have at least a pair or two in the active use mix that have 5-7 years of use on them, although the heels are wearing pretty thin

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Love my Darn Tough socks. Best prices I've found are at https://www.gobros.com/darn-tough.html

Have "too dang many" according to my wife......

Thanks for the link, they're 25% off with free shipping, just ordered some more!

Deus Juvat

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Salty303
Call me a heathen but my go tos these days are the heaviest Redhead jobbies from Bas Pro. There's some wool in there but lots of man made mystery chit too. They just work I've got a half dozen pair and same with the medium weight ones. Back in the day before all the wicking tech and stuff we have now it was thick Icelandic wool socks.

I don't know if they are still, but they used to have a lifetime guarantee. I would see a Forest Service crew pull up with a garbage bag full of them. The BP service counter would call up a case of socks and they would switch them out 1 for 1. Those FS guys really earn their living with their feet so if they are using those socks there must be something to them.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Are you sure it said wool and not wrohl?
All straight from china.

Hilarious!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 270winchester
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Love my Darn Tough socks. Best prices I've found are at https://www.gobros.com/darn-tough.html

Have "too dang many" according to my wife......

Thanks for the link, they're 25% off with free shipping, just ordered some more!

+1 That's foot gold there!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by slip_sinker

Look like straight out of the same factory that Costco gets.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Reloder28
www.darntough.com

The Real Deal

What Reloader28 said.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My last purchase of the Costco socks is 72% Merino. They run about $3.00 a pair from the website.

All I wear, all year, except in my 800 gram boots hunting in very cold weather.

Just a great product.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I've got some Lorpen brand wool socks that are probably going on 5 or 6 years old now and they've been bomber.

I have a pair of this brand - so dang tight around my upper ankle/leg . And i don't have thick ankles - a person who does would have no circulation in their feet .

Are these other wool socks recommended tight fitting ?????

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Costco merinos here, too. I also have an unopened bundle because I cannot wear out the socks from the first two bundles. I'm forcing myself to toss those from the first one (the pattern is different, so I can tell) but they're still almost perfect.

The absolute warmest socks (as well as hats and gloves) I have ever found are by Heat Holders. Can't believe how much warmer they are than anything else.

While we're on the subject of expensive but worth it...once again allow me to trumpet Duluth Trading Co underwear. Two years now on mine, and they are as good as new, even the waistband elastic. Simply indestructible. AND comfortable. I have both Buck Naked and Armachillo styles. I wear the Buck Nakeds most of the time, and the Armachillos for summer golf.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I've got some Lorpen brand wool socks that are probably going on 5 or 6 years old now and they've been bomber.

I have a pair of this brand - so dang tight around my upper ankle/leg . And i don't have thick ankles - a person who does would have no circulation in their feet .

Are these other wool socks recommended tight fitting ?????

I bought some of the brand Icebreaker that were too tight. On the Darn Toughs, they come sizes, heights, and various cushion. Be very specific in trying then replicating what will work for you. Costco, laughing, they're a few wrungs below where serious sock talk starts...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And so even if Costco socks perfectly meet one's needs, they shouldn't be considered?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 1234, 257 roberts, 72 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,977
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.