Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
I think the NRA top brass needs to be well paid inorder to attract and retain talent but when you're making in a year what most consider to be a fully funded retirement that is when that has ballooned way too much.

He has no talent for the position. A true stiff.

I'd be interested to hear how he got the job in the first place.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thats ridiculous. Wayne should get a hefty salary for all the crap he catches, but that's wayyyyyyyy over 'hefty'....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Appears we have some swamp_age goin on........

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have little idea as to the actual merits of the case but when the public image of this organization becomes as sleazy as it has, such that even longtime donors are leaving, its time for LaPierre to take a severance package and step down.

Surely there must be a qualified individual financially secure enough that they don’t NEED to derive their primary income from the NRA (sorta like President Trump in the WH).

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by renegade50
I dont round up schitt with midway for the save the wayne fund .

Me either.

Not until I see some financial responsibility.

Probably need to drain that swamp, as well.

There seems to be a huge swamp around the DC area. Guess the NRA bureaucracy is affected. LOTS of money, big temptations.

DF

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Got a call from the NRA a couple years ago. After hearing the same complaint about money needed for this or that. I said to the caller " every time a liberal farts in congress or the senate you call looking for more money, No!" Caller "so what does that mean?"

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Two mil for running a non-profit? This is why they are dunning poor and middle-class folks every two weeks for money.

Tarquin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
I dont round up schitt with midway for the save the wayne fund .

Time for you to step up and become NRA Prez Rene, everyone and his brother would contribute.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
So they spent $58 million on things unrelated to protecting gun rights, eh? How many people dug into their meager wallets to support the NRA's ALLEGED mission? Only to have all that cash blown on salaries and perks?

I was a life-long supporter and donor. No more. Not unless and until there is a cosmic upheaval and change back to the NRA's roots.

They'll not see another nickel from me, either, until I see sweeping changes made to what essentially amounts to debauchery.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The media is doing a spectacular job of sowing dissension in the ranks of what has been and continues to be the most effective organization out there for gun rights. It's not hard, really. They start throwing out there some of the salaries and costs incurred by operating at top levels in fields of endeavor little understood or experienced by the largely blue-collar membership and they immediately have them in an uproar. It's the same way the left tears down successful institutions of all kind that are not philosophically aligned with them. At the same time, many of the people all indignant about what Wayne LaPierre is making have not problem supporting, through their patronage, entertainers who make obscene amounts of money playing children's games with balls. It's a shame everyone is not so worked up over the politicians of all stripes who, somehow, on salaries comparable to what a lot of us here make, end up with multimillion dollar homes and millions in the bank. People are funny.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Last solicitation i told the " paid member" no more until they clean house. She said she gets that a lot. I am sick od the calls and junk mail
Gun club requires membership. I like rifleman mag mostly, and they are the big name in the game.
Selick may get on my list too. Quigley rifle?
That Heston rifle made a photo op, but it reminds me of the italian rifle jokes. Give me a rifle and i will add patina

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I support the SAF. NRA has become a sham.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Common people with only a couple million a year there is no way he could fund his own retirement. Poor basssstard. Let’s all chip in for a better plan for him. Ed k

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess it depends on who’s looking at salaries.
17 Charity CEO Salaries Over $1-Million - Listed 2016

It's that time of year again when people tend to give more to charities. Considering that their ads often give the impression that money you send to them will be used to help poor and suffering people, the following salaries seem excessive and may even be considered unethical. I was unable to locate a comprehensive 2017 salary chart for CEO salaries, but Charity Watch lists 25 excessively paid charity CEOs, with the first 17 names on the list receiving over $1-million per year in annual salaries, as their most recent 2016 summary. This coincides with increasingly dramatic income inequality in society. I'd like to add a caveat that this is merely pointing out what is listed on other sites, and I cannot vouch for the reliability of these.

17 Charity CEO Salaries Over $1-Million

1. Craig B. Thompson, M.D. President/CEO Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center $2,925,426 12/31/2014
2. Robert W. Stone President/CEO City of Hope $1,765,025 09/30/2015
3. Edward J. Benz, Jr., M.D. President/CEO Dana-Farber Cancer Institute $1,539,789 09/30/2015
4. Nancy Brown CEO American Heart Association $1,443,427 06/30/2015
5. John R. Seffrin Past CEO American Cancer Society $1,404,269 12/31/2014
6. Wayne Brock Past Chief Scout Executive Boy Scouts of America ( BSA National Office) $1,351,724 12/31/2015
7. Yitzhak Gershon Past National Director/CEO Friends of the Israel Defense Forces $1,282,949 12/31/2014 Includes $631,251 bonus and incentive compensation.
8. Rupert W. Scofield President/CEO FINCA International $1,281,285 12/31/2014 Includes $339,574 one-time vested retirement benefits and $493,615 tax gross-up to cover related taxes.
9. Cristian Samper President/CEO Wildlife Conservation Society $1,190,755 06/30/2015
10. Jonathan W. Simons, M.D. President/CEO Prostate Cancer Foundation $1,182,091 12/31/2015
11. Brian Gallagher President/CEO United Way Worldwide $1,166,454 12/31/2015
12. James W. DeMint President Heritage Foundation $1,132,367 12/31/2015
13. Larry Hausner Past CEO American Diabetes Association $1,125,689 12/31/2014 Includes $210,833 severance.
14. Robert J. Beall Past President/CEO Cystic Fibrosis Foundation $1,100,581 12/31/2014 15 Arthur Brooks President American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research $1,075,493 06/30/2015
16. Harry Johns President/CEO Alzheimer's Association (National Office) $1,062,149 06/30/2015
17. James R. Downing President/CEO St. Jude Children's Research Hospital $1,042,217 06/30/2015

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by rem141r
i would like to see an independent public available audit of that group. i have been a member for decades but am not liking some of the schit i hear. 2 mil for a ceo is not out of the question, depending on revenue. 6 million dollar homes and tens of thousands on suits are though.

Originally Posted by rem141r
i would like to see an independent public available audit of that group. i have been a member for decades but am not liking some of the schit i hear. 2 mil for a ceo is not out of the question, depending on revenue. 6 million dollar homes and tens of thousands on suits are though.

I tend to agree. I don’t think the salary is out of line for a ceo of an organization that size, but when you pay a man $2 million a year he should be able to buy his own clothes and house. Something about LaPierre has always been off putting to me. Not sure what it is, but to me he just seems untrustworthy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Something about LaPierre has always been off putting to me. Not sure what it is, but to me he just seems untrustworthy

Maybe they should impeach him?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948
The media is doing a spectacular job of sowing dissension in the ranks of what has been and continues to be the most effective organization out there for gun rights. It's not hard, really. They start throwing out there some of the salaries and costs incurred by operating at top levels in fields of endeavor little understood or experienced by the largely blue-collar membership and they immediately have them in an uproar. It's the same way the left tears down successful institutions of all kind that are not philosophically aligned with them. At the same time, many of the people all indignant about what Wayne LaPierre is making have not problem supporting, through their patronage, entertainers who make obscene amounts of money playing children's games with balls. It's a shame everyone is not so worked up over the politicians of all stripes who, somehow, on salaries comparable to what a lot of us here make, end up with multimillion dollar homes and millions in the bank. People are funny.

But, But Other public owned Corp.s are audit by an independent Co,. and all the members get a copy of the "audit" if they wish that is the difference. No more till changes are made. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only things that matter are financial gain or financial loss. In such system one takes all they can get. As long as people keep sending in the money I don't see a problem with what he is doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Thats ridiculous. Wayne should get a hefty salary for all the crap he catches, but that's wayyyyyyyy over 'hefty'....

Chui,

I have to ask a question. This is a job that takes a dedicated, talented, and very, very strong pro 2A leader. It must be somebody who knows the ins and outs of Washington lobbying, has to be an extremely strong fundraiser, and has to be nimble in front of reporters and the camera not to trapped with inane questions. Diplomacy is crucial in front of the Press.

So how big is that pool of candidates, and what kind of cash does it take to hire them on? I will tell you that when it comes to big time corporate management, 6 figures ain't gonna get you the talent you need. When you get into the world of Washington lobbying, the passionate 2A people get really scarce.

Busting balls about his salary is like bitching about the cost of dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak house. A prime steak, sides and couple of drinks for two is $200. people can think that's ridiculous, but Prime meat is costly, professional waitstaff is costly. a nice decor is costly, and not crowding tables butt to butt cuts down on the number of people you can seat.

Homer and Earl can sit around in their overall as go "Hell Earl, I can get all you can eat ribs and free drink refills at the BBQ joint for $14.99. Phouc Ruth!". Yeah, Homer and Earl can, but the result is plain to see. You get Eugenia, the high school girl serving, and Mable the tooth lady at the cash register. Fine hard working people, but if you wanted Prime Steak, that ain't it.

My point is that WHOMEVER we want to run the NRA needs to better than good to hold off the gun grabbers. The NRA is the single biggest reason the gun grabber haven't gotten further along in their agenda. Whomever runs the NRA is going demand a good salary that is in the ballpark of what they can make in the private sector. If you are fortunate to get a Charlton Heston type ho might even volunteer, you still need an expert in Washington lobbying to work with him and that dude will need to be PAID. there is no way around it.

Who do y'all thin helps the conservative pro 2A draft legislation to protect gun rights? It's largely the brain trust, lawyers etc. in the NRA. The write it up, submit it to whichever Congressman they are working with and then their staff takes it from their. DOn't believe for a moment that bills and legislation are whipped by people like AOC who couldn't hard boil an egg. That's what lobbyist do.

Respectfully Yours,

Hat

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
In my opinion ALL non-profits should have an across the board cap on total yearly compensation for everyone from the CEO/CFO on down the line to the lowest paid “charity” workers.

“Non-profits” and charities have become a vehicle for the well to do and the well connected to make ridiculous money through untaxed back door dealings and a “one stop shop” for their consolidation of power, influence and favoritism. Using a charity to enrich a few well connected power mongers while incessantly begging for donations from blue collar Americans really pisses me off. When the CEO has more money “invested” suits than most people have invested in their homes it highlights and underscores the abuse that’s become endemic with “non-profits”.

Charities enjoy a number of advantages, not the least of which is the tax free nature of their financial foundation. As such it’s not unreasonable to set a salary and compensation ceiling for ALL charities and non-profits. The mission of non-profits should NOT be to create millionaires from the misappropriation of charitable donations but rather to benefit those that the donations were intended for. I don’t care if it’s a 501, 502, 503, etc. if your non-profit enjoys the tax exemptions and feeds itself off of the donations of others because you produce nothing, service nothing and generally don’t do anything except redistribute the money then you should be restricted on how much of the donated money you get to pocket.

Just look at the Clinton Foundation or Soros and his Open Society foundation for the unabashed abuse of the non-profit system.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 835 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.