Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14284600 11/16/19
175rltw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey guys. First- thanks to Rick Bin for the platform! I started a company this year with my old medic. We have our first product out now. It’s a synthetic quilt that you can configure to wear over your shoulders as a static layer, for glassing or hanging out in camp etc, and it is configurable into a sleeping quilt with a foot box as well. It weighs 16oz. It is made in the USA. We are veteran owned with no outside loans or financing. We donate 5% of our profits to a 501c that was founded to provide immediate support to the families and Rangers of 1/75.

We will have a table at the Pop up Preview at SHOT this year where we will be introducing several new products.

Please check out our Website or you can find us on Instagram and Facebook as well. Here is an 24hcr Image gallery
For you guys to see the Super B in use. And here is our website
Further Faster Designs

Free Shipping for Campfire members through the weekend!! Use discount code 24HCR at checkout

Last edited by 175rltw; 11/16/19.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice.

Always cool to see folks wanting to innovate and bring products to market. I’ll definitely keep an eye out.

Good luck!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll be visiting at SHOT.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
175rltw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Rick- we look forward to seeing you!

Madmooner, thanks for the good word, we’ve got a mailing list on the website or you can follow us on Facebook and Instagram IOT keep better apprised of our situation as it develops.

Guys, at 16oz, and $155 there isn’t anything on the market that comes close to the level of performance and versatility provided by our quilt. It is a rectangular 80”x56”. We use a 1.1oz 20d microgrid ripstop nylon shell with a DWR. it is a very silky feeling shell not stuff hard crinkly or plasticky. We use Climashield Apex 2.6 insulation, the pinnacle of function and durability in synthetics.

I use it as a stand-alone sleeping bag inside a bivy sack or if sharing a tent down to about 40 degrees I use it in conjunction with another one or a sleeping bag as temperatures descend. I’m able to dry out wet merino or synthetic layers and socks between the 2 super b’s or between the super b and the sleeping bag while sleep. I use it to keep warm anytime I’m static- whether it’s glassing, overwatching a meadow or eating lunch. I’m looking forward to seeing how you guys like it.

Last edited by 175rltw; 11/17/19.
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats!! Looks like an awesome product. Can’t wait to see what else you might have in the works.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
PM sent...

175rltw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Replied thanks for the question and the feedback. I’ve added some specs above and I’ll get the website presentation more well ordered

Remember free shipping this weekend with discount code 24HCF at checkout

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So you have had it down to 40 degrees, with just a pad/tent for sleeping?

175rltw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The industry standard rating for climashield 2.6 is 50 degrees.

I will run it down 40 in a tent with a pad and another person in there doing the same (not sharing a blanket each with there own)It isn’t comfortable that way in a tent alone.

I use it with a pad inside a bivy with my mid layers on down to 40 solo happily.

I personally use it down to the mid 30s in that fashion if it’s only an overnight or a weekend, but I do not sleep through the night anyway, one more excuse to toss and turn isn’t killing my productivity over a short trip. I look at basically any rating and add 10 degrees to it if it’s for more than 2 nights. My rating, or any other company’s pretty much, simply because of the cumulative nature of of how the stresses of being exposed to the elements and active over multiple days operate on and affect your body and your mentality.

If you are running just the blanket and a pad with your clothes on 50 is comfortable.

I’ve had it down in the 20’s with no pad no bivy- just the clothes I was wearing on a couple occasions where it made more sense to suck it up for the night than it did to burn the boot leather both ways in the dark. It’ll definitely turn a survival situation into just another long night

This thing is at its best and most functional/versatile when you’re dealing with upper 20’s to 50ish degrees. When moisture Managment is at its most crucial, and keeping yourself dry, and warm through big temperature changes, and varied activity levels is most challenging. Once weather is <28 sustained we pretty much all are going for more specialized kit, though I still carry and use mine when it’s cold.

Last edited by 175rltw; 11/18/19.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanks. Seems like a good option for early season alpine hunts in my area.

IC B3

175rltw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
SeAK deer defintely.

It’s Killer evening attire for the crocs around the campfire set as well.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Best of luck with your new venture!
Always great to see a small company get started

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Very cool.

I can vouch for the concept. I’ve used another brand for a couple years and it’s been a gamechanger for me. I wrap it around my 15deg bag to stay warm when temps were single digit or less and also I wrap it around me when glassing, especially my feet. But the one I was using is my wife’s, so now I need one. I’ll check these out.

175rltw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I spent enough nights in a bivysack and Poncho liner and pulling security behind a 240 wrapped in a poncho liner to know the concept was solid- even if the execution the army provided was a little lacking. This is basically all I ever wanted that poncho liner to be. I learned to sew a few years ago after shoulder surgery when I couldn’t do anything else really. I worked this up after a few iterations and I’ve had one in my Pack ever since.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 175rltw
Hey guys. First- thanks to Rick Bin for the platform! I started a company this year with my old medic. We have our first product out now. It’s a synthetic quilt that you can configure to wear over your shoulders as a static layer, for glassing or hanging out in camp etc, and it is configurable into a sleeping quilt with a foot box as well. It weighs 16oz. It is made in the USA. We are veteran owned with no outside loans or financing. We donate 5% of our profits to a 501c that was founded to provide immediate support to the families and Rangers of 1/75.

We will have a table at the Pop up Preview at SHOT this year where we will be introducing several new products.

Please check out our Website or you can find us on Instagram and Facebook as well. Here is an 24hcr Image gallery
For you guys to see the Super B in use. And here is our website
Further Faster Designs

Free Shipping for Campfire members through the weekend!! Use discount code 24HCR at checkout

Just ordered I hope you do well.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When its compressed to pack size, what are the approximate dimensions?

If it doesn't take up much space in a pack it might real nice to have along for extended waits or glassing.

175rltw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lonny
When its compressed to pack size, what are the approximate dimensions?

If it doesn't take up much space in a pack it might real nice to have along for extended waits or glassing.

That’s the whole point- light enough and compressible enough it’s always there for you. I don’t use a stuff sack personally. squish it into my pack along an edge if you get what I’m saying but I’ve got one sitting here in an 8x8x6 stuff sack right now so it’s a little bit bigger than my kill kit. If I can still update the image gallery with a picture of one stuffed I will.

MCH- thank you Sir!!! I just printed your label and it will go out in the morning. You should see your Super B by Thursday I think. Can’t wait for you feedback!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don’t use a stuff sack personally. squish it into my pack along an edge if you get what I’m saying but I’ve got one sitting here in an 8x8x6 stuff sack right now so it’s a little bit bigger than my kill kit. If I can still update the image gallery with a picture of one stuffed I will.
!

Squishing it in along an edge was, rolling up, folding to some extent was just what I was thinking. Sounds great!

Thanks for the info.

175rltw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lonny
I don’t use a stuff sack personally. squish it into my pack along an edge if you get what I’m saying but I’ve got one sitting here in an 8x8x6 stuff sack right now so it’s a little bit bigger than my kill kit. If I can still update the image gallery with a picture of one stuffed I will.
!

Squishing it in along an edge was, rolling up, folding to some extent was just what I was thinking. Sounds great!

Thanks for the info.

Heck yeah. Hope you decide to check one out! I couldn’t update that image gallery anymore but I am going on post this picture to our Facebook page to show it compressed. I’m not out in Idaho right now- I’m there most summer and just left a couple weeks ago- but depending where you are I might be able to line you up with someone running one out there now if you shoot me a PM, I’ve got buddies there that live in them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ordered. Just what I was looking for! Good luck with new company.

Do or do not, there is no try.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,391 guests, and 744 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.