Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I’ve been to many, many concerts in the last 50 years. I like for the artists to play their music, don’t care for a them to talk a bunch. I prefer they play the songs like they were recorded, not change them up or drag them out. I like the songs to be in the same tempo as it was recorded also. We saw Sammy Kershaw last night. He talked too much. We couldn’t understand what he did say, he didn’t sound too bad, but the band overpowered his singing. We have seen Sammy Hagar several times, he talked too much too. I guess if your name is Sammy you have to talk the whole concert.

Have you been to concerts you didn’t like or the artist talked the whole time?

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bar none that best I have seen for just what you mention was Bryan Adams...he was spot on with tempo and vocals..
I have herd U2 was really good too but haven't seen them my self..

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
try seeing david allen coe sometime. saw him last year. he bitched the whole time about the myriad of ways people had screwed him over. when he wasn't bitching it sounded like his band was playing different songs than he was singing, and poorly at that. he looked and sounded like death warmed over with a wig. holy fugg, i came out of there ready to hang myself.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve been to many, many concerts in the last 50 years. I like for the artists to play their music, don’t care for a them to talk a bunch. I prefer they play the songs like they were recorded, not change them up or drag them out. I like the songs to be in the same tempo as it was recorded also.

Have you been to concerts you didn’t like or the artist talked the whole time?

Easily the best by the same standards you like was Crystal Gayle..back in the day. She just got up, played the songs you wanted to hear, no talking, no introducing band members, nothing but entertainment.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t go to many concerts.

Last i went to was Jamey Johnson. He played in a small venue.
He really put on a show. Brought out Allison Krause to sing a few songs.

He even did a few gospel songs.

Bucket list concert- i really want to make a Cody Jinks show.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That sucks. I really like Sammy Kershaw too.

Only ever been to a couple shows. Saw Chris Ledoux in Billings.

That was very good.

Cant think of another one......

I am MAGA.
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
We saw George Strait a couple of months ago in Vegas. Extremely good, songs just like you hear on radio. He talked very little, brought a vet out on stage, gave him a house.

The Bellamy Bros don’t say chit, come out play nonstop, I recommend them highly if they come near you!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I don’t go to many concerts.

Last i went to was Jamey Johnson. He played in a small venue.
He really put on a show. Brought out Allison Krause to sing a few songs.

He even did a few gospel songs.

Bucket list concert- i really want to make a Cody Jinks show.

ya that was the last one i saw. he was depressing as hell. every fuggen song was sadder than the next. i almost walked out but my boys liked him so i stayed. he must be a miserable SOB to sing songs like that. his band was good and he has a great voice though. but boy was he maudlin.

My diploma is a DD214
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I’ve heard Coe was bad!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I would disagree. If I want it to sound "just like the album" I can always listen to the album. I like to hear different and expanded takes on their songs. and most good musicians get bored playing it the same way every night anyway.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Saw Lynyrd Skynyrd a couple months ago. Was a senior in high school when the plane crashed. They were coming to New Haven and we were supposed to see them. Great concert even though most of the band is gone.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Absolute worst for me was Eddie Money, opening for Santana in ‘78. He fell so flat at one point he asked us the audience if we were all on qualudes, not a way to win over a crowd. To this day if “Two Tickets to Paradise” comes on the radio I change the station.

Kinda sad actually, wikipediaing the guy, anyone who stays married to the same woman for thirty years and five kids, becoming clean and sober for his family, might not be all bad.

Meanwhile Carlos Santana, on that same stage after Money, put on a great show.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Best concert I ever saw was Chuck Berry, in a small college gymnasium venue, 1976 I think.

Tho in 2018 I saw Brad Paisley in a venue near NYC, that guy is a great guitar player and entertainer.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by smokepole
I would disagree. If I want it to sound "just like the album" I can always listen to the album. I like to hear different and expanded takes on their songs. and most good musicians get bored playing it the same way every night anyway.

+1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I saw Alison Krauss and Union Station play at a relatively small venue on UK's campus many years ago. Mike Tyminski was playing with them then and sang Man of Constant Sorrow The acoustics were very good in the building, every musician on the stage was a master of their instrument, Jerry Douglas was there playing the Dobro and they put on an excellent show.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T. G. Sheppard, good tunes and voice..boring azz show ..nobody got into it , ive left a hospital with a livelier crowd...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Haven’t seen them play in probably 15 years, but Flogging Molly put on the best show I’ve ever seen. High energy and great music.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by atvalaska
T. G. Sheppard, good tunes and voice..boring azz show ..nobody got into it , ive left a hospital with a livelier crowd...

We saw TG Shepard at the Stagecoach Ballroom in Fort Worth two years ago. He didn’t really sing, he just said the words. Niles City band opened for him, they were better.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I Don t want to hear their political messages,Don t want to hear your personal nonsense,I paid to hear you play that's it.

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I’ve never heard one say any personal BS Tracy Byrd sang the national anthem his first song not long ago. Everyone in there sang it with him.

I highly recommend Tracy Byrd. He looked good, sounded great, no jive talking either!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.