-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Best concert would be a toss up between Steve Marriott and Neil Diamond.

Worst would be Ozzy Osborne.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worst without doubt was Marshell Tucker, about half the audience walked out and I wanted to.
Steve Miller gave us all a lecture on how gawdawful logging was complete with a slide show, I won't listen to him since.
Moody Blues need to practice or hire a guitar player that can play what was recorded, they sucked.

Leon Russell came out sat at the piano and played for at least two hours, he stopped once long enough to toss some tambourines into the audience. Great show
Seen a lot of performers most were good too excellent but those mentioned were all standouts..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Best concert for me was Kid Rock at Sturgis last year, played for 2.5hrs, it was great! First concert I ever saw was the Beatles in 66'. Probably been to 15+ concerts, don't ever remember walking out and thinking "what a [bleep] concert".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Worst I ever saw was Willie Nelson. Old bastard can’t keep time for schitt. Songs were horribly performed. Won’t ever go see him again.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best Van Morrison. John Lee Hooker opened for him.

Worst Black Sabbath. Ozzy was just completely wasted. Van Halen opened for them, though. That was pretty good.

Saw Santana for about the forth time a couple years ago. We were in the third row center. Best seats I've ever had. It was damn good too. His wife, the drummer, is awesome. Don't recall him speaking anything other than English.

Last edited by Steve; 11/16/19.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw Danzig at a hole in the wall venue in 1996. He never said one single word between the songs, rather bizarre.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have only seen suck at a big venue. ZZTop and BTO. I remember the old fuggs trying to jump and chit. And Def Leppard , well I have no recollection of the performance so possibly it was ok, but, I highly doubt it?

Saw Leon Russell at the Peacock in Corvallis Oregon. Don't recall it. Damn, can't seem to recall much nightlife before 2003...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Bar none that best I have seen for just what you mention was Bryan Adams...he was spot on with tempo and vocals..

Holy fugk dude,,,,, Lol
If I ever went to a bryan adams concert, I'd take that information to my grave.

Don't be too quick to judge unless you have seen him...yea he was always known as a pretty boy and catered to the girls...
We went to see Def Lepard and Bryan Adams was the opening act...I was pretty Indeferent to him really...we like everyone in the building we were there for Def Lepard...
I couldn't believe he had everyone standing on there seats by the third song...he had a rack of like 15 different guitars and his playing and singing was perfect and live he really rocked the house....def Lepard was a let down way too distorted and you could barley tell what song they were playing...which was the subject of the OP

Last edited by rainierrifleco; 11/16/19.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Phucqk I can't remember much.

Late 90s I caught this little band from Alaska called the Photons at a larger bar venue in Portland. They did this mix of disco like twisted up with banjos bluegrass funk... Whatever it was, it was great.

Though I saw the Cherry Poppin Daddies in Salem, what I recall is when this blonde chick said, "you wanna f uck in the bathroom?" And I said, "NO I Don't need to!" Being tone def has never been helpful. Use hearing protection.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Best- Def Lepard during the Adrenalize tour

Saw them at the Oak Mt Amphitheater in Birmingham. Good show.

AC/DC was a great show. But then I saw them about 20 years ago.

I would have no interest in seeing the modern bastardized version of them but I saw Van Halen in 1984 at the BJCC in Birmingham and they were great back then when David Lee Roth was still the lead singer.

May be a little melow for some peoples tastes but I saw Journey back in 1983 during the Frontiers tour and they were really good.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
best i remember was rare earth, vanilla fudge and war at billy bob's, fort worth back in the 80s.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Kevin Fowler isn’t real big, but he puts in a hell of a show!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I worked security at a Marty Robbins concert. It was good. Got to spend time with him. He was a cool down to earth fellow. He died two months later. I liked him and his music. I saw The Hag twice. One was good the other he was so drunk he wasnt really there. He walked out early. I do like his music. I saw LaDoux once in wyoming at a rodeo before he was a big star.
he was good at both rodeo and music. The best was an EmmyLou Harris show. I won the tickets on a radio station contest. I told them she was better looking than The Hag but could not sing as well. Got to see her back stage and tell her that. It got a laugh outta her. And a kiss and hug for me!! Saw Charley Daniels a couple times at county fairs. He is a fun show. I guess the best muscian I have ever seen is Vince Gill. That boy can play and sing!!

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Nazareth and Billy Squier 1980 very good

Y&T outstanding everytime. Dave Meniketti a true musican.

Jack Russells voice still solid. Saw Great White several times and Jack solo several times

Uncle Ted at Rich Stadium 1982 along with Foreigner, Loverboy, Iron Maiden all great

Judas Priest very good

Ozzy never disappoints

Van Halen music good, Dave washed up

Motley Crue Loud as fuuck and very good.

Lynch Mob solid

Dokken lost his voice

Kiss puts on a good show

AC/DC - Angus is a one man show. Brian Johnson gasping for air inbetween songs.

Slash and Myles. Loud and very good.

Guns n Roses very good

Metallica Outstanding plus James is a big time hunter.

Poison Ok.

Ratt sucked. Pearcy could of gave 2 fuuucks

Many more.... will remember later

Last edited by lapua6547; 11/17/19.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Neil Diamond by far best entertainer........Metallica kicked ass March of this year.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Saw Bob Dylan and Santana at a concert when I was 16. I was able to get some guy to buy beer for a buddy and I. We thought we were living the high life. Santana played first and absolutely rocked the house. He was a true showman. Dylan came out didn't say a word. Sat on a stool on stage and mumbled a few songs. He was awful. People were booing and leaving. He was playing all these odd songs that I didn't recognize. We were saying the stool was there to hold his ass up. Dylan just didn't put on a good show even for a couple of drunk 16 year olds. This was sometime mid 90's.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,012
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.