Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've run crews of 80 teamsters back in my working days.

Currently have 26 employees, one of whom is male.

I think the teamsters bitched more than the bitches.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Hen Club mentality ain't just for the ladies....

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’m fine with “equal pay for equal results”

Equal pay for equal titles or equal seniority is a losing

proposition.

Results pays the bills and create profit, seniority and titles are just static that often gets in the way.

Last edited by dale06; 11/15/19.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Kind of pisses me off when a job my wife works at pays her less than some guys their with much less experience. Not sure what the rational is or their reasons why but it doesn't seem right. Someone suggested it's because they have to pay more to get new people.

Bb

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Kind of pisses me off when a job my wife works at pays her less than some guys their with much less experience. Not sure what the rational is or their reasons why but it doesn't seem right. Someone suggested it's because they have to pay more to get new people.

Bb

Uhhh....thats discrimination.

Against the law unless there is more to the story.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
She's a PA graduated top of her class and has at least 5 years more experience than 2 of the guys I know that work with her. She's only making about $48/ hour and both guys, I'm friends with them, say they are making mid 50s.

They've asked me not to say anything because they will get in trouble for letting me know what they make. She seems to see just as many patients and has great reviews. She asked for a raise because it had been a few years and they only gave her 60 cents an hour and said they could do no more. I'm not saying it's a man's fault because her suppervisor is a women and so are the HR people. It would be interesting to see if it a trend with that organization or just her for some reason. They are currently advertising for new PAs at 50=60/hour starting.

She's been with them since about 2002 but did take some time off for kids. Her full time experience is still at least 5 years beyond these other guys. Maybe the guys were just giving me crap but I asked them individually at different times.

Bb

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Morewood
I've run crews of 80 teamsters back in my working days.

Currently have 26 employees, one of whom is male.

I think the teamsters bitched more than the bitches.

I expect that is an accurate assessment.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Bb

I've always thought that if I felt I was being underpaid, I'd simply go somewhere and work where the pay was better. If I couldn't find that place, I'd resign to the realization that I was getting all I'm worth. I've been lucky in the fact that I've finally worked my way into a position where I get paid more than I'm worth. I intend to ride this horse til it dies.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Yeah, none of the women on my job can lift more than 40 lbs even though the job requires daily lifts of up to 100 lbs. They always whine for help. I don’t help them.

Wifey works for FMC, she managed the Shell team for a couple of years, Shell has a lot of women managers, so does FMC. A French company bought FMC. They are big on giving women a fair chance. Wifey says the women that work for her require little supervision compared to the guys as a rule.

I seen a couple of women plumbers, one was quite capable. She was 6 foot tall, probably 170 pounds.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would hire a young lady apprentice far before a boy of the same age- if either one was ranched raised that would be decider. City kids, no way.
Most farm/ ranch kids grow up using tools and begin with some sense, depending on their folks I suppose.
The world doesn't have much leadership going forward, if city kids take over things.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Drawing on almost 4 decades spent in the corporate world, IMHO, if men were as vicious as women, we'd be at war in at least 5 more of the earth's schitholes than we are now. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant

Bb

Wifey was complaining to her dad about that very thing years ago, before things changed. He told her the men were trying to support a family! She ask him “ What the hell do you think us women are trying to do”. She was mad as hell, still brings that up!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
She's a PA graduated top of her class and has at least 5 years more experience than 2 of the guys I know that work with her. She's only making about $48/ hour and both guys, I'm friends with them, say they are making mid 50s.

They've asked me not to say anything because they will get in trouble for letting me know what they make. She seems to see just as many patients and has great reviews. She asked for a raise because it had been a few years and they only gave her 60 cents an hour and said they could do no more. I'm not saying it's a man's fault because her suppervisor is a women and so are the HR people. It would be interesting to see if it a trend with that organization or just her for some reason. They are currently advertising for new PAs at 50=60/hour starting.

She's been with them since about 2002 but did take some time off for kids. Her full time experience is still at least 5 years beyond these other guys. Maybe the guys were just giving me crap but I asked them individually at different times.

Bb

If it's a tight job market in you area, are there other hospitals in the area they might offer her more? Sometimes and offer letter will limber up the purse strings of the current employer.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Bb

If she is producing same as or more results than the guys she should be pissed, and should bring it to her supervisor.
I managed a number of groups of people in a 39 year with one company. There were numerous cases where I paid newer employees more, men and women, than more experienced employees, men and women. That was because in some cases, the newer employees performed better and produced better results.
My company policy was to “pay for performance”
I’m glad I was able to manage that way.

Last edited by dale06; 11/16/19.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by dale06

Bb

If she is producing same as or more results than the guys she should be pissed, and should bring it to her supervisor.
I managed a number of groups of people in a 39 year with one company. There was numerous cases where I paid newer employees more, men and women, than more experienced employees, men and women. That was because in some cases, the newer employees performed better and produced better results.
My company policy was to “pay for performance”
I’m glad I was able to manage that way.

She needs to bring it up with the EEOC.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Her performance is great. Billable visits and reviews are all top. She's never really been about the money and I think just gets comfortable with where she's at. However the fire is building and she's keeping an eye open. She likes were she's at because she gets Sundays off but do does everyone else.

I think it's really just the one female supervisor who's always seemed to have a bit off an odd chip on her shoulder. I'm not typically an envious of jealous type person so I don't understand those things well but the guys she works with tell me there's something odd about the way that female supervisor does things.

I was telling her about a job I had that wasn't paying me well and working me harder than others. She said what did you do. I told her I just quit and when somewhere else for $10/ hour more and a $20k bonus. She's not about the money but she's big on fairness so she's thinking.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Her performance is great. Billable visits and reviews are all top. She's never really been about the money and I think just gets comfortable with where she's at.

It's well documented that women, on average, are quite poor at negotiating a raise. I agree that an offer letter from another employer can be a great equalizer. Then again, why would she want to keep working for a bunch of chauvinists?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 51 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,090
Posts18,464,038
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.