24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
400 yards and under? Holy schit, you must be like all sneaky and all that. If you spent a little time on the internet you’d realize that deers are like 1,200 - 1,500 yards away at all times and you have to be a spawn of Carlos Hathcock and Chris Kyle in order to shoot you one.

BP-B6

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I would be quite happy to take a 243, 6.5 Creed, 270 Win, etc,.

400 yards and under hunting deer.

Interesting Sam, and I can’t find fault with your thinking, except that I’d put elk in the “deer” category, lose the 243, and extend the range past 500 yards.

My favorite 2-Rifle Montana Battery has always been a 243 and 270. But if a really practical soul wanted to distill those two into one, it would definitely be the 6.5 Creedmoor. It genuinely does most of the work of those two.

Quite a round, going back over 120 years...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Doesn't matter at 670?

Nope doesn't matter.

The .300 Savage the worst pick of all the cartridges you listed after the 5.56 for where I live and hunt. I'll admit it's most limited, but still capable of taking game in the conditions you listed. Like I said not the most efficient way to get there, but it can definitely place a bullet successfully into the vitals of a big game animal at 670 yards.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by westernsloper
I'm comparing two calibers shooting the same type of bullet of similar weights, and it's raised some questions for me. Since I don't reload, I've been looking at ELD-X factory offerings from Hornady, the 143 gr out of a 6.5 creed and the 145 out of a 270 Win.

The 6.5 has a higher ballistic coefficient, but the 270 Win has a muzzle velocity (according to Hornady's numbers) of 500 fps more than the 6.5. The difference in velocity narrows as distance increases - that is the effect of the higher BC of the 6.5, right? However, at 500 yards, the bullet from 270 is still 100 fps faster.

Does this mean that 270 will have much more killing power from 0-500 yards? Seems like the 500 fps at the muzzle is a significant difference, but how about the 100 fps at 500 yards? Is 100 fps enough to make a difference?

Does higher BC factor into how the bullet will perform when it actually hits the target?

You can see from the charts that the 270 remains ahead in velocity to 500 and is still going faster at that range. The results are different at longer ranges but for my hunting the bullet could fall out of the sky at 401 yards and I would not care. I filled my buck tag with my bow this rifle season.

In my opinion you may not see a difference between the two from the muzzle to 500 yards.

Does higher BC factor into how the bullet will perform when it actually hits the target? Not one bit.

Pick one and go hunting.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I enjoy the inherent STUPIDITY,of you DUMB Fhuqks doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The total amount of brass you gals "shoot",wouldn't fill up a Hickory breast pocket in a year's time of TRYING...and you "hard chargers" "fight" "tenaciously" to prove same,obliviously! EPIC fhuqking humor,you poor poor(literally) Drooling DUMB Fhuqks. Hint.

BC aspooks the schit outta Melting Snowflakes everywhere,which in itself,is funnier than fhuqk. It's simply a numerical designator,to quantify an aero form and is no more "scary" than "velocity" or "grains",yet will charge up Whining CLUELESS Kchunts like few other things and reliably draw Followers to The Flame. Hint.

The "heralded" 270Win/145 ELD do thusly,as plainly cited prior. Note the 500yd line arrival speed,being 2133fps. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Now because of you CLUELESS Fhuqking Drooler's "knowledge","results" and "experience","quantifying" how BC is a "moot" designator,one can simply swapaloo boolits of like mass,at like speed and obtain "like" results. Now despite an IDENTICAL launch Speed,in an IDENTICAL atmosphere...things ain't 'quite the "same". 500yd impact velocity is no longer arranging a 2133fps velocity,but rather 1762fps impact velocity...though wind drift is nearly doubled too. Hint. LAUGHING!

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqktards never disappoint,by simply doing your best. Hint.

Bless your hearts for TRYING...it's never been difficult to savvy who shoots and who don't.

Fortunately,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you "lucky" kchunts can "afford" to "contribute".

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RMiller2
I'm comparing two calibers shooting the same type of bullet of similar weights, and it's raised some questions for me. Since I don't reload, I've been looking at ELD-X factory offerings from Hornady, the 143 gr out of a 6.5 creed and the 145 out of a 270 Win.

The 6.5 has a higher ballistic coefficient, but the 270 Win has a muzzle velocity (according to Hornady's numbers) of 500 fps more than the 6.5. The difference in velocity narrows as distance increases - that is the effect of the higher BC of the 6.5, right? However, at 500 yards, the bullet from 270 is still 100 fps faster.

Does this mean that 270 will have much more killing power from 0-500 yards? Seems like the 500 fps at the muzzle is a significant difference, but how about the 100 fps at 500 yards? Is 100 fps enough to make a difference?

Does higher BC factor into how the bullet will perform when it actually hits the target?

You can see from the charts that the 270 remains ahead in velocity to 500 and is still going faster at that range. The results are different at longer ranges but for my hunting the bullet could fall out of the sky at 401 yards and I would not care. I filled my buck tag with my bow this rifle season.

In my opinion you may not see a difference between the two from the muzzle to 500 yards.

Does higher BC factor into how the bullet will perform when it actually hits the target? Not one bit.

Pick one and go hunting.

^^^ this^^^
For 99%of hunting you won't see any difference. If I was starting out from scratch, the Creed might be the way to go, Higher BC's, less recoil, yadda yadda yadda but I'm not selling my 270 or buying anything new any time soon.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blackcryer,

A reduction in recoil,a reduction in noise,more fun,greater terminal affects,less wind drift,higher impact velocities and a shorter/handier parcel,are farrrrrr greater than a 1% difference,as "factored",by your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". If only for fhuqking starters. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Again...you were gonna wax eloquent on your "Magical" 270's "particulars",but ran away like The Whining Little Bitch you are. Hint.

Here,I'll go first,while you practice your "bravery". Hint. LAUGHING!

No thang,to yard any/all things new apart and pre-flight 'em. Then simply glue schit that moves,so it cain't,whether a trigger adjust or (5) 8x40 fastener retaining a 1913 extended 20MoMo rail and 40-more Mo 'Horn's. Hint.

That COAL latitude,to a .697 BC Squared Smooch,sure is nice. Why? Because boolits matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps,you Drooling STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Hint.

Then reaffirm relative Skookumtitude,by actual USE. Hint.

Zero Retention Test One RINK

Then simply,re-reaffirm Skookumtitude,by actual USE. Hint.

Zero Retention Test Two RINK

Simply shrug shoulders and bask in the Warm/Fuzzy,with nary a fret. Hint.

You Mall Ninja Couch Queens,sure fret Fluff and 1000yds is a VERY "long" ways. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reading Big Stink's posts is like eating moldy bread- dry, stale, likely to make you sick.

Stink- did you wipe your azz with that turret cap?

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
123BITCH,

You be sure to cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical" for you to "understand",as you are drawn like a Moth to The Flame and then melt like all the other Snowflakes. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Now the only thing in regards to The Outdoors or The Rifle,which you are equipped to talk about in the first hand,is your uncanny propensity to act upon your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky". Not that YOU,could "afford" a good scope. Hint. LAUGHING!

If only to horn you up further and so you can look at more wares wellllllll beyond your "abilities","means" or "comprehension". Hint.

LAUGHING!

If only for more Sensory Overload and to propagate even more of your VERY well founded Insecurities. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying,you Whining CLUELESS Kchunt.

Hint.

Laughing!................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know your cute little turret cap cover is a line cap- you dull moron. And I know all about your cutesie little tape schemes- like a 6th grader trying to be noticed. When did the trauma in your life occur? Age 9, 11? Evidently very young because that is where your brain development ceased.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
123BITCH,

You "know" less than nothing,which is why you are funnier than fhuqk,by literal default. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Is this where yet another Follower,divulges that she's glued to my every word and Splendid Pixel?!? Sweetie...that will ONLY come as a "surprise" to you. Fortunately,you get to "live" vicariously,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

Might I reinforce your "stance" and mention that you are doing GREAT! Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. Laughing!

Barely blowing 60mph currently,as I patiently await more Mail,so I can R&D a Herd at once. Had never thought about tape,until I heard the emitted via High Pitched Nasal Whine,through your quivering lips. Be sure to espouse even more of your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint. LAUGHING!

Gotsta' bolt some schit together this AM and tape is soundin' like a good idea! Any color preferences,not that you could "afford" a roll of your "own". Have a new 270 and 30-06 to assemble. Thoughts? Hint. LAUGHING!

You Brokedick Whining CLUELESS Fhuqks are a hoot. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!......................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Does this mean that 270 will have much more killing power from 0-500 yards?

No matter what it's compared to, the 270 Winchester's "killing power" is rarely called into question.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
.........all else being equal...

When does that ever happen?

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The 270 shoots the same weight bullet faster. That's the answer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
big block/small block.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Skatchewan

Them that cain't,MUST follow...like Moths to The Flame. Hint. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Do not "forget" that Imitiation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Only a Texan,would use "power" as a "measurement". Hint. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

You Boobs are fhuqking hilarious! Hint.

bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!.........

TurdyTurdyLowball,

"Weight" is a largely moot designator,while aero form is not. Read that again. now one more fhuqking time. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Perhaps try again...mainly because it's fhuqking FUNNY. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............

'22,

It is disconcerting to more than a few Window Lickers,that displacement do not tell even PART of the story. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Joe Average sure in the fhuqk ain't very bright,as these Droolers LOVE to quantify obliviously. Hint.

Bless their hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
that dumb chitt is to dumb to know how stupid he is

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 44mc
that dumb chitt is to dumb to know how stupid he is

Did you mean, TOO?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
44 empty,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Very GOOD call,to give all things The Rifle a very wide berth and go right to Whining instead. Hint.

You Drooling DUMB Fhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

'Boomer,

Don't tease her...because I assure you,she's doing the best she can...with what incredibly little she "has" to "work" with.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
722 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 75 invisible), 2,731 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.