Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by gunzo
Not seeing or hearing about a high end 10/22 in this scenario. Is there a place for one?

I think there is a place for one, but not at the price point the OP was trying to achieve. Kidd, Volquartsen, Tactical Solutions, and others make accurate 22 autos that are 10/22 inspired, but not at the price point you get with some accurate bolt guns, notably the CZ rifles. I had the chance to play with a Kidd rifle a couple years back and it's accuracy was admirable but it wouldn't quite equal any of my Anschutz or CZ guns.

I've customized 10/22's to get top accuracy, but could never achieve it under the cost of a stock CZ that probably would have had equal or better accuracy. Just my experience, others may vary.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Agreed, If ya start looking at accuracy per dollar, my CZ 452V would win hands down. One of those or the newer 455 & 457 will likely be the ones to beat at a certain price level.

Just kinda wanting a Kidd & fishing for excuses. laugh

Last edited by gunzo; 11/04/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had a purty good "hunch",that I wasn't guessing. Hint. Laughing!

I've got piles of 10/22's,but Skookum turnbolts RULE the long range roost and it ain't even close. Hint.

I've of course suffered CZ's too and they are pieces of fhuqking schit. Nothing redeeming in any of 'em,anywhere and their mags are a fhuqking joke. Pass the S/S RAR and hold the Fluff. Hint.

Nobody regrets awarding themself a KILLER 22LR Boltgun. There's not a better platform to learn upon and the copious trigger time,more than offsets the price. Cut to the chase and slick up a used 54 and really have sumptin' that'll run. I'm right at 1K turnkey scoped,with the last 54 I bought and it's a fhuqking HAMMER. Got lucky and it was already wearing one of the extended 1913 75MOA rails,I had Bob run for me. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Sniff around a bit for a Used 54 and if your not careful,it'll appreciate while you are flogging on it. The only caveat I'd add,is to simply make sure the front receiver ring is grooved too. That's the path to extended 1913 Splendor. I'd rather be on the top looking down,than the bottom looking up. Hint.

Thank me later.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Shoot Tracers.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
About 30 years ago one of the types of shooting matches our local range would hold was a 22 RF match shot at 100 and 200 yrds. I was shooting a Mossberg144LS with a Tasco 3x9 scope.

At 100 yrds no problem I just held 10 in above the center of the target. At 200 my records show I had to dial up 72 clicks in order to hit the target. Those 200 yrd targets were about the size of trash can covers.

I never really took this long range shooting with a .22 RF seriously but we sure had a lot of fun. Good luck at 500 yrds but I think that distance would be a little out of my league with a 22. I would have to agree with gunzo on the CZ-452V. I have been shooting one for the last 15 years and it is a top of the line rifle.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gals REALLY "get after it". Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]

Pass the good stuff and hold the Fluff. Hint.

CZ's straight fhuqking suck,due simply to their mechanics. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I had a purty good "hunch",that I wasn't guessing. Hint. Laughing!

I've got piles of 10/22's,but Skookum turnbolts RULE the long range roost and it ain't even close. Hint.

I've of course suffered CZ's too and they are pieces of fhuqking schit. Nothing redeeming in any of 'em,anywhere and their mags are a fhuqking joke. Pass the S/S RAR and hold the Fluff. Hint.

Nobody regrets awarding themself a KILLER 22LR Boltgun. There's not a better platform to learn upon and the copious trigger time,more than offsets the price. Cut to the chase and slick up a used 54 and really have sumptin' that'll run. I'm right at 1K turnkey scoped,with the last 54 I bought and it's a fhuqking HAMMER. Got lucky and it was already wearing one of the extended 1913 75MOA rails,I had Bob run for me. Hint.

Sniff around a bit for a Used 54 and if your not careful,it'll appreciate while you are flogging on it. The only caveat I'd add,is to simply make sure the front receiver ring is grooved too. That's the path to extended 1913 Splendor. I'd rather be on the top looking down,than the bottom looking up. Hint.

Thank me later.

Hint...............

OK, I can't knock a 54 Annie, but I'd buy a lotto ticket if I found one a lot less than a Voodoo. I've got a 64 that's 1/2 MOA at a hunnert, but my CZ pushes that number with working mans ammo. I'm not shooting formal matches anymore & have no desire to buy $19 a box 22's or go chasing lots. But... I will keep my eye out for an affordable 54, I like 'em.

On to the RAR you mentioned??????? I've got a predator in one of those. It's set up for bipod type shooting & I lucked a safe trigger that's 1.2 lb. Feeding & ejection is great. Your stock change to a Boyd has got me curious. The plastic not stiff enough in the front end? Or.... What? I'm listening...hint.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Gunzo you can find solid 54’s for a grand without too much trouble and fairly easily for 11-1200. That’s not very close to vudoo territory
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Certifiable; 11/05/19.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
MDT makes the LSS chassis for the American...

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A range buddy had his new CZ457 with the factory AT-One stock today. Looks pretty substantial, the stock better in person than in pics. About $600, I think, so a custom barrel could be added later and still keep the price down.

The action looks beefier than my 455, but it was home, so a side-by-side wasn't possible. Whole new trigger. Wouldn't mind one, as long as I didn't have to carry it too far.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A 40x leupold would be better.

[Linked Image from ]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.