Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schit happens...

Did I ever tell you boys about the TWO money orders that took over a month to arrive? Quite a story, one from Vermont, one from Connecticut. Apparently in the same “lost” mailbag, and both arrived on the same day.

Craziest thing ever.

Hopefully the OP will have his scope and we can just put this all behind us and live in harmony.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seems like there was no where's near enough for a callout here. If anything, I'd rather deal with the seller. Might be a day later than anticipated? Chit.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Technoman26
Some of you guys kill me sometimes with your defense of regulars when a deal looks like it might go sideways.

I guess if it was your dough floating in the wind and the seller had gone silent for days after lots of communication up front, you'd just not worry. Whatever.

I don't do business the way the seller has here no matter which side of the transaction I'm on. I have always found that things go much smoother when you keep in touch. Yeah, chit happens sometimes but around here your word is your reputation. So if there is a delay, wouldn't you let the other party know? I'm glad the seller finally chimed in and I hope this deal is fine but for fooks sake, for some of us a couple hundred bucks is still a lot of dough and words not kept meaningful.

Flame away if you want but I can speak from experience, Winchester88 is a good guy. And I'd bet a bunch of people reading this thread have had good deals with him too.

I know neither party and I am only an outsider.

When it is publicly posted to "watch out for xxxx", it leads me to believe the poster was intending to smear someones name Maybe it was poor word choice. Doesn't matter, as it's been done- the posting, lack of communication, and delayed delivery.

I do know we all, including myself make mistakes. I know regardless of our prior reputations and motives, life troubles/emergencies get in the way with family, friends, jobs, and one's health. Those things naturally get priority and sometimes other things get mishandled, but there are consequences that go with it.

I also know there are usually three sides of a story, Party A, Party B, and somewhere in the middle.
Usually we all color the story more favorably to paint our side better.

It appears this is going to be worked out, and hope both sides are now ok with the transaction, as best possible.

So thankful for the community here, the moderators and owners of 24hourcampfire, as there are not many other places around which compare to the quality of this site.

May we all humble ourselves and serve others.

God Bless,
David B.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I didn't want this thread to be back at the top, but I wanted everyone to know the scope arrived safely.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never been a fan of call out threads. But they keep happening.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Seems like it was way too soon to bash a guy and that's what happened
If a guy doesnt have a bit of trust in the seller, patients and understands this is not the only thing in someone's life a retail purchase maybe best

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MK257
...unforeseen travel...
my wife mailed the product for me....
it slipped my mind...
correspondence from the buyer was never seen...

Though I think the call-out was premature, you have plenty of lame excuses for not taking care of business.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Seller should have been more on the ball; buyer should have been a little more patient.

Offsetting penalties.

Place the ball at the original line of scrimmage.

3rd down!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by boatboy
Seems like it was way too soon to bash a guy and that's what happened
If a guy doesnt have a bit of trust in the seller, patients and understands this is not the only thing in someone's life a retail purchase maybe best

Hank

Amen

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by winchester88
I didn't want this thread to be back at the top, but I wanted everyone to know the scope arrived safely.

Great apology,

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just good news that the deal was done and both parties are happy... water under the bridge... good result!!! 😊

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla
Just good news that the deal was done and both parties are happy... water under the bridge... good result!!! 😊

I’m not happy!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Which dwarf are you, then?.....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Grumpy?

--- Kid Rock 2022

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla

I’m not happy!

Go Blue.

As for the OP ... glad it worked out.

And I’d have no issues buying from the seller ...

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well.
I now know who I’m putting on ignore...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
Schit happens...

Did I ever tell you boys about the TWO money orders that took over a month to arrive? Quite a story, one from Vermont, one from Connecticut. Apparently in the same “lost” mailbag, and both arrived on the same day.

Craziest thing ever.

Epic!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Tom264
Well.
I now know who I’m putting on ignore...

Bite me, I said I was sorry!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shinbone
Seller should have been more on the ball; buyer should have been a little more patient.

Offsetting penalties.

Place the ball at the original line of scrimmage.

3rd down!

Good one----play ball!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would buy from mk257 with no worries

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

234 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 34 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,631
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.