-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Absolutely nothing better for the money than the Fieldcraft right now. They are literally a steal.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Absolutely nothing better for the money than the Fieldcraft right now. They are literally a steal.

As a huge Kimber 84m classic and montana fan........I'm looking forward to having the fieldcraft for comparison. 1/7 Twist .243 ain't a bad thing.....I'm stoked.

And I'm so damn tempted to get the 22-250, burn it out and rebarrel to 22 BR......

Last edited by screaminweasil; 11/16/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So with this fast twist .243 with longer magazine, how does it compare with a 6 Creed? A bit longer mag to take advantage of the slight increase in powder space. Assume that this 243 would be everything that a 6 Creed would be?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I looked at Whittakers just last week and there were about 16 of the kimber classics left. I had some struggles with the website that day and then tried to call the next. Gave up for a day and got busy and forgot until now and they're gone... I hate it when that happens. They were moving slow at first and then a run.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NMiller
So with this fast twist .243 with longer magazine, how does it compare with a 6 Creed? A bit longer mag to take advantage of the slight increase in powder space. Assume that this 243 would be everything that a 6 Creed would be?

The limitations of 99% of factory 243 rifles include twist and mag constraints (2.825” or so in Rem SA). The FC benefits from suffering neither of those. Most 6 CM rifles from the factory have the twist right. And the cartridge length makes it right in every factory mag box, assuming throat is correct.

So yea. This version of 243 is perfect and will out perform the 6 CM by a smidge.

ETA: If you scroll up and check Stick’s COL measurements with 3 heavies to kiss lands, all of them are longer than a factory Rem 700 would allow. That’s the beauty of the FC SA, assuming throat geometries are identical.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I jumped on also and have one coming...what powder are we liking in the .243 for the 105s-108s?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick’s info confirmed what I assumed. A 243 fieldcraft is on its way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'weasil,

I'd not wanna build any of the BR's,upon a 3"+ COAL magbox. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I rather LOVE my 6BR Montucky...but have multiple other BR's on 700's,in ADL and AICS DBM's,all of which I'd prefer to a Fieldcraft for same. Hint.

Just sayin'.

'Miller,

Gross COAL requisites,are factored by case length and freebore(Throat Geometry). Hint.

While I have (3) Seex Kreedmire's,only (1) wears an OEM spout(Ruger RAPR). It Smooches the 105 Hornie HPBT at 2.785" and the 108 at 2.815" COAL(different Lots). So it's not a simplistic lineal transition,to measure different case trim lengths and factor that they'll wear like Throat Geometry. On the average,there is .130" case length difference,betwixt a Virgin 243 Kreedmire and a 243Win. Taking my FC's COAL Smoochtitude and extrapolating same with the 105 Hornie HPBT for instance,I KNOW 2.830" COAL will yield a square kiss,with it's low mileage throat(throat's NEVER get "shorter"). Yanking the .130" case length difference from that COAL,yields 2.700" and take 'er to the Bank,that will be LEAPING same boolit,in an OEM Seex Kreedmire's spout. Hint.

So it's prudent,to pay heed to the big picture and weigh all in unison. So while the Kreedmire Klan is of course a superior mechanical design(simply a more capacious vessel,relative to case length),that is but one facet of the equation. Both the Seex and 264 Kreed's wear longer throats,than their 308 based cousins,which skews COAL well away from being lineal. Hint.

The Seex Kreed boasts Factory Fodder with meaningful boolits,because Factories don't have to feed age old Goat Fhuqks,like a 3"+ magbox Model 70 that's still twisted 1-10",or the Teeker 243win on an '06 receiver,twisted same. Hint.

Case capacity is like for like,between the two,but RPM,COAL and Throat Geometry are where the rubber meets the road. I'm likin' the "odds",that as things progress,boolits are only gonna get longer too.(grin)

I'd of not purchased the 243Win,had the Kreed been in stock,but having Fieldcrafted more than a smidge and dabbling both chamberings more than a little,I KNEW that a 7" Barrett in 243Win was gonna connect dots. Where Fieldcraft mechanics REALLY shine,is in 6.5 Kreed and 7-08,simply because them boolits are MUCH longer. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Burley',

I've never seen lingering "help". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Would LOVE to see another run in 7" 224 Speedmire.

Hint...............

257',

If you've the RPM,you can often overcome COAL. Thus the oft seen AICS DBM impetus and the simplistic nudge to binderless COAL latitude,less a fret for feed/function. Less the RPM,you are simply fhuqking dead in the water. hint.

Mechanically,Ronnie Rifles ring the bell like NO fhuqking others,as S/A .473's go. The L/A's are absolute Goat Fhuqks,for the very opposite reason(s).

It's HILARIOUS,just how many Manufacturers,do not begin to get it. Though of course,glass is even fhuqking funnier!

Just sayin'....................

cowlady,

Alpha,200's,17.

Kiss,find pressure and rock on.

Hint................

snow',

Good schit sells itself.........................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
RL-17 I've found works better than about anything in that size case.

RL-17 is rumored to be kinda like Superformance powders. It has a slower pressure peak and really gives some great performance in certain cartridges. I load for a .250 Savage and it gives me the performance of my .257 Bob. However that's with a 26" Barrel AND a long throated chamber. I can safely get 40 grains of powder in it. It's a bolt gun built on a Howa 1500 action and a Krieger 26 inch SS Barrel. Great gun. I won't tell you the MV because you won't believe me or you'll think I'm being unsafe. But it took me 6 months to work that load up at a 10th a grain a powder at a time for the last grain and a half. That's a lot of range trips.

Last edited by Filaman; 11/17/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by screaminweasil

And I'm so damn tempted to get the 22-250, burn it out and rebarrel to 22 BR......

While I like my .22br, the .22 Creedmoor is a bunch more fun.

Shaen’s Fieldcraft conversion would be the ticket.

Last edited by Higbean; 11/17/19.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did it in the right order this time. Sold stuff to pay for it and bought a 243. Only 5 left now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They only got two 22-250's left. I wouldn't mind having another.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And thanks for the Leupold 20 MOA rail hint. It's lower than the Talley and cheaper. I have 3 coming.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the consensuses on the 6.5 Creed? 21" or 18 barrel?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lingering is one lesson I should have already learned but still learned it again. Big difference between learning 20 lessons and learning one lesson 20 times. I've done the latter again.

Should not let their website woes and phone waits bug me. It only hurts myself.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FOsteology

Do like I did....and get both. But if you want to shoot suppressed, get the 18". If not, definitely the 21". My long rifle is actually the 22" threaded barrel version that has the #2 contour barrel. It's not much heavier than the 21" model with the #1 barrel.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Filaman
RL-17 I've found works better than about anything in that size case.

RL-17 is rumored to be kinda like Superformance powders. It has a slower pressure peak and really gives some great performance in certain cartridges. I load for a .250 Savage and it gives me the performance of my .257 Bob. However that's with a 26" Barrel AND a long throated chamber. I can safely get 40 grains of powder in it. It's a bolt gun built on a Howa 1500 action and a Krieger 26 inch SS Barrel. Great gun. I won't tell you the MV because you won't believe me or you'll think I'm being unsafe. But it took me 6 months to work that load up at a 10th a grain a powder at a time for the last grain and a half. That's a lot of range trips.

You are Clueless Fhuqking IDIOT. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If it takes longer than 90 seconds to find pressure,you are a DUMBER Fhuqk than I'm factoring and rest assured...I've got The DUMB Fhuqk Meter pegged in your "honor". Hint.

You'd be doing WELL,to "Reload" for your SuperSoaker,by putting Food Coloring in the water. Hint. LAUGHING!

Wow +P++!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!...................

'bean,

I groove on my 22BR,but not nearly as warmly or fuzzily as my 6BR's. The 224 Speedmire is simply a MONSTER and at the current Fieldcraft pricing,having The Kali Kid punch one to Speedmire...is ALOTTA rifle for the jingle. Had a pard order a couple,just for that,along with a Teeker to boot.

I LOVE the Bart' barreled Speedmire,he built me.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

22BR/75 ELD,22-250 SALAMI/88 ELD,Speedmire/88ELD. NO fhuqking way would I BR a Ronnie Rifle. Hint.

Gotta go shoot THE Incredible Hulk,here in a couple and if Load Development takes more than 5 shots,I'm gonna punch myself in the dick. Laughing!

The Kali Kid nailed throat geometry and there's no way this Big Bart' Bitch won't fhuqking HAMMER.

Hint.......................

257',

I never learned how to sell.................(grin)

'ology,

21" for me,as I'm not into The Can-Can. If you are,then threads make alotta sense..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Green tape for the hulk 😂

What’s the best rail for this batch of Whittaker 6.5 Kimbers

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love the gold door knob shifter!!

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by FOsteology

Do like I did....and get both. But if you want to shoot suppressed, get the 18". If not, definitely the 21". My long rifle is actually the 22" threaded barrel version that has the #2 contour barrel. It's not much heavier than the 21" model with the #1 barrel.

I think the same as 257... If I was planning on dedicated suppressed for hunting I'd go with the 18'. I've had the 21" and loved it. Picked up the 22" threaded and love it more...so much so that I picked up a second...but that's personal preference on balance and I'm not hunting with it suppressed. Prone or rested it's a toss up on the 21" or 22"....for me, when shooting offhand, I'm steadier with the 22" and don't notice the 1" difference or few extra ounces when carrying it.

The FC's are just so good. The 22" #2 is my nirvana...I've had a lot of guns put together with a focus on what I like and I can't find anything I prefer to it.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,908 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.