Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There is a move to eliminate cash.
When there is no cash-- all transactions can be traced.
I refuse to deal with anyone who will not accept cash!

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by scottf270
I pray for the day there is no more cash. Costs too much to print and protect from counterfeiting. Also all the tax cheats who shove unreported cash in there pockets and don't pay their fair share of taxes. Bring it on!!
Also, let's do away with any business deductions and expenses. Tax every business a percentage on total gross sales. Very little accounting. Figure your tax burden when figuring out your sale price of goods or services. Would do away with receipts, decisions on what's an admissable deduction etc. No depreciation crap. Easy and open and fair. Would stop the Amazon's, Apples,etc from paying little to no tax.

What a novel concept! A computer chip in the hand or forehead. Never mind, I believe that was referred to as the “mark of the beast”! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
I pray for the day there is no more cash. Costs too much to print and protect from counterfeiting. Also all the tax cheats who shove unreported cash in there pockets and don't pay their fair share of taxes. Bring it on!!
Also, let's do away with any business deductions and expenses. Tax every business a percentage on total gross sales. Very little accounting. Figure your tax burden when figuring out your sale price of goods or services. Would do away with receipts, decisions on what's an admissable deduction etc. No depreciation crap. Easy and open and fair. Would stop the Amazon's, Apples,etc from paying little to no tax.

I've never had cash hacked by a scimmer yet. Been hacked close to $10,000 with plastic during my lifetime. Got it back every time, but a royal pain in the as$ every time.

I bank with Wells Fargo. The few issue's I've had were taken care of within 2 days and never cost me a dime. Same with Schwab.

Once or twice they've sent me a new card for reasons related to attempted fraud, but every time they've intercepted it before I've ever seen a charge.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

I've never had cash hacked by a scimmer yet. Been hacked close to $10,000 with plastic during my lifetime. Got it back every time, but a royal pain in the as$ every time.

I bank with Wells Fargo. The few issue's I've had were taken care of within 2 days and never cost me a dime. Same with Schwab.

Once or twice they've sent me a new card for reasons related to attempted fraud, but every time they've intercepted it before I've ever seen a charge.

The last time was with Capital One card. Great people to deal with. Taken care of promptly and with the customer in mind. First couple of times was with small bank card. They did what they could, just didn't have the horses the bigger Card people did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No envy GBob, sorry you have to work so much to make ends meet. Hope things improve for you. I just feel having cash money around any longer is unnecessary and brings tax fraud, illegal activities such as drugs, and other issues into play.
The business deductions and tax liability was just another thought and I shouldn't have mixed the two.

Just as electronic money has created a whole new industry
of illegal activities screwing people out of their money.
And if you think the b bank letting you off the hook keeps you
from being a victim, think it through.

Cash for me.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cash isn't necessary. Hunting isn't necessary. Guns aren't necessary. Heck, push up bras aren't necessary.

Since when is this about needs?

I use quite a bit of cash. Matter of fact, almost all my discretionary local spending is done in cash. I spend more wisely when I pat ole Benjamin on the head as I lay him on the counter and bid him farewell...... Somehow, $280 at Costco on a card is not as big a deal as it is when counting out the bills on the counter.

Color me strange, but I don't want anyone to know I spent $300 at the titty bar, or $200 at the liquor store, or $75 at the nail salon..... How long after that before the 'Fire starts serving me ads for more titties, liquor and nail polish? Not that that wouldn't be an improvement.

I had to go to the bank the other day to reset the pins on my debit card. I'd forgotten it. Then again, hasn't been hacked either.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not a commie. Just outdated.

And I bet you would just love for the government and whatever swingin dick bureaucrats to know your every move and exactly what you have and don't have?? So when the types like Warren come to power, they can "show up on your doorstep", figuratively, to take what they deem they need to do the public good.

F that.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's obvious I struck a nerve and many of you must own your own business. Congratulations for your hard work and doing something I have never done.
But, will any one of you tell me that you've never used a company vehicle for personal reasons? Pick the kids up after school. Stop for milk. Used a company facility to store personal items, take the company truck or car on vacation? Used a company cell phone for personal calls, if you haven't, then I applaud your honesty.

Your "green envy" slip is showing.

Montana MOFO
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
When I was married, I liked to keep cash around. That way it never knew how much I spent on a gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm in your camp Dutch.

My wife is forced to get direct deposit, I'm not (go union, I get choices).
Our only bills are utility type, and all get charged to one rewards card.
She writes one check per month to pay the bills.

I cash my check, and we pay cash for everything else.
Other than the big brother tracking by the grocery stores through
their loyalty cards, nobody can find where we spend our money.
And nobody is given access to our bank account.

Cameras, scanners, skimmers....
You "safe" plastic money new age heterosexuals can deal
with all of that. If my bill is $20, I pay $20. Close my wallet and done.
Pretty easy.

Another thing that bites those who run accounts low, using
bank cards. Gas stations have no idea how much you will
Pump when you scan that card. So, they typically take $100
out of your account when you swipe. If you get $20, they still
hold the $80 until midnight when the systems allow the refund.
So, you suddenly have $80 less in your account.
So write a check, and it bounces. Come midnight, you get your money
back, but you are in for bounced check fees.
Your bank may wave them, the other one won't.

My wife sees this happen frequently in the c-store business.
Both from the bad checks she gets, and the card users that
come in mad because they bounced somewhere else.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There are lots of places now that do not accept cash - mostly to prevent employee theft. I think we'll see more and more of it.

Worse, I see a day when the only way you'll be able to pay will be with your smart phone. Or to identify yourself, for that matter. To my mind that's scary. And not just because it'll force me to get one of the damn things.
True dat... Even THEN I ain't gettin' one....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
A few days ago, I discovered a place that absolutely would not take cash green money, only credit cards. Took my wife to the Yuma AZ airport to catch a flight out, went to exit the parking lot, machine that controlled the exit gate would only take credit cards, no cash at all. If you dont have a credit card, you aint gettin' out of that parking lot. First time I have encountered something like this. eek

So, the City of Yuma had to pay Visa $3.00 to process my $1.00 fee to get out of the parking lot ?

My son worked for an outfit that puts "cards" into airports that don't allow any cash transactions. You have to go to a computerized kiosk and buy a "card" and put cash on it. It's for any payment inside the airport property. Bars, fast food joints, gift shops, etc. You literally can't use cash, except for to buy the card.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,627
Posts18,455,165
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.