24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/APD-investigating-a-shooting-in-Spenard-565020332.html

This is not the first one of these here...

APD investigating a shooting in Spenard, one person hurt

By Gilbert Cordova | Posted: Fri 5:37 PM, Nov 15, 2019 | Updated: Fri 5:57 PM, Nov 15, 2019

ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - Anchorage Police say a man is in the hospital and expected to survive, following a shooting during a gun sale near 36th Avenue and Iowa Street.

APD says at least two people met up for the sale when the shooting happened just before 4:30 p.m. The victim was shot in the upper body and was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

APD says no one was arrested and there are no other injuries. As of 6:00 p.m. Friday, police say 36th Avenue is closed from Iowa Street to Northwood Drive.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This failed to copy in the original post???

Anchorage Police Department
1 hr ·
On 11/15/19 at around 4:21 p.m., Officers with the Patrol Division responded to the area of W 36th Avenue and Iowa Street in reference to a report of a shooting.

The preliminary investigation found that there was a meetup between at least two adult individuals where a firearm was being sold. During the transactional encounter, one adult male was shot in the upper body and has been transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. At this time, there are no other reported injuries and there have been no arrests. There are no additional details to release at this time as this is an on-going investigation.

36th Avenue is closed from Iowa Street to Northwood Drive. Detectives have responded to the scene and there will be a large police presence in the area until further notice. Please avoid the area and seek alternative routes.

If you have any information about this investigation, including surveillance video, please contact Dispatch at 3-1-1. To send an anonymous tip, you may contact Crime Stoppers at 561-STOP or online at AnchorageCrimeStoppers.com

APD Case: 19-41257

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Don’t worry, it’s not loaded....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never buy a gun without trying it first....WTH?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

PREZACTLY what I figured happened.

Once saw an off duty copy shoot a guy in the kneecap with an “un-loaded” .25 acp at a Gunshow like that. 😬

Saw another Dealer shoot a hole in his table.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/15/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK
Never buy a gun without trying it first....WTH?

IIRC earlier this year two guys met to buy/sell a gun and both ended up dead... but in a bad part of town...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pffffft................Spenard. I don't go through that place without a spare mag.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
By the title of this thread I thought it was another forum member dealing with Artsy.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WDH
By the title of this thread I thought it was another forum member dealing with Artsy.

Oh look the retard from Wyoming..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Sure....blame the gun. smile

I go thru Spenard all the time- and other parts of Anchorage.

I try not to stop.

Nothing good happens in Anchorage....any time. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Was just in a lgs yesterday w my 2 lads

They had a 45/70 w a can on it that’s hella cool & the manager had video of him shooting it

He checked the action & barrel before handing it to my oldest son who immediately checked the action & barrel

After he was done lookin it over he handed it to his lil brother who ......yep you guessed it 👍🏻

Gave me the warm fuzzies

Lots of mistakes on my part raising them 🤷🏻‍♂️

But by golly we got a few things right

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ya done good Randy!

Are you living at Midway Lake?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VernAK
Ya done good Randy!

Are you living at Midway Lake?

No Vern but wish I could

That was the original plan, but so go the plans of mice & men 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I hear you Randy! My children are the same way since I have pounded gun safety into their little noggins from day 1. I’ve praised them over and over for taking safety seriously and I’m constantly reinforcing the fact that safety comes first, last and always. They always check the action and never rely on the belief that it’s unloaded. It gives me the “warm fuzzies” to see my 13 year old daughter confidently handle and safely clear everything from a semi-auto to revolver to a lever action without confusion or fumbling around.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The unloaded ones can get you. A guy shot through the floorboard in his truck, hit brake line, luckily no one was hurt.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
746 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,959 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,764
Posts18,401,436
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.