Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
This afternoon I was shooting my 45-70 Marlin Cowboy with 3-9x40 4200 Bushnell, when the erector system went belly up. It won't adjust. I turn the elevation adjustment and the POI stays put. Even when cranked all the way to the limit there is no POI change.

At a time like this, I'd know what to do with a Leupold. I've never had a Bushnell go bad.

Any experiences out there with Bushnell warranty?

DF

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
This afternoon I was shooting my 45-70 Marlin Cowboy with 3-9x40 4200 Bushnell, when the erector system went belly up. It won't adjust. I turn the elevation adjustment and the POI stays put. Even when cranked all the way to the limit there is no POI change.

At a time like this, I'd know what to do with a Leupold. I've never had a Bushnell go bad.

DF

Sent in a discontinued weaver grandslam recently for side parallax adjustment issues. They fixed it free and sent it back within 2 weeks.
Excellent service....all I did was follow the online instructions for sending a scope in.
Incredible service....as you may know we weaver no longer exists, but Bushnell takes care of the warranty as there parent company is Vista Outdoors. This was a nice Japanese made Weaver and honestly I expected a Chinese Bushnell replacement, but they actually repaired the scope and sent it back. I'm thoroughly impressed I'm sure you'll have no issues. By the way this was a few weeks ago that I got the scope back repaired

Last edited by screaminweasil; 11/17/19.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Thanks, weasil, will give it a whirl.

And, will report.

DF

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Please do. Glad to help out.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

I had a 6500 die years ago. Called Bushnell, they wanted me to send $25 w/ the scope. I reminded them that the elite series didn't require $25. Oh, yeah...

Sent the scope, heard nothing for about 3 months. Called them, they couldn't find it. I went back and forth w/ a customer service rep w/ my tracking information/proof of delivery. They finally found it, then told me it would be another 6-8weeks before anybody could look at it because they were backed up.

I asked to escalate to a Manager, who eventually agreed I had waited long enough because they had lost the scope when it initially shipped. About a week later I received notification that my scope had shipped. Scope arrives, it's not a 2.5-16x42 6500 (what I shipped). I called, eventually spoke to the Mgr, who told me that my scope couldn't be repaired so they had shipped me a new scope and they had "upgraded me" to the higher magnification 50mm model.

I explained I didn't want the higher magnification, larger scope, wanted the 2.5-16x42. Okay, he shipped a replacement 6500 2.5-16x42. It arrived, it was correct. No shipping return label for the larger more expensive 6500 they had initally sent me.

Called multiple times, left messages, wrote e-mails - do you want this scope back or not? Eventually got a response back, yes ship it to us. I responded I wasn't paying to correct their mistakes, they could send a pre-paid shipping label and arrange PU if they wanted it back. A few weeks later the shipping label arrived, I packaged the scope up and set it out front as per instructions. Scope sate on my front porch for about a month. One day I came home and it was gone - I have no idea if it was picked up or stolen, don't care.

David

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I sent them a pair of binos a few months ago and received a new pair a few weeks later. No issues. It was all pretty easy.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I’ll call them tomorrow. Will keep you guys up to date on how it goes.

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They will take care of you 100%, but they can be slow to respond. The response will be thorough.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I will say I had no communication from them whatsoever. Just a repaired scope, well packaged with an explanation of repairs performed. I found that a bit odd, but fixed scope in less than 3 weeks total including shipping times.....so I was happy.
If your a nervous Nancy, you may have had a different perspective.....due to them not updating you every day with the status report.
Be patient and I'm sure they will make good on it.

Last edited by screaminweasil; 11/17/19.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm sending one back tomorrow. I tried to send it Saturday but I made the mistake of telling the UPS store what it was- they would NOT ship it. Said I had to go to the 'hub' directly (which was not open on Saturday). I will ship it from Work in the morning.

I will see what they say or how fast they get to it.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I'm sending one back tomorrow. I tried to send it Saturday but I made the mistake of telling the UPS store what it was- they would NOT ship it. Said I had to go to the 'hub' directly (which was not open on Saturday). I will ship it from Work in the morning.

Wouldn’t ship because it is firearm “related “? That’s insane.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

Wouldn’t ship because it is firearm “related “? That’s insane.

Yep.

But seems to represent the current mind set of all too many ignorant people.

DF

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Should have told UPS that it was a kids telescope.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
shouldn't have mattered what was in the box.liquid,perishable or dangerous is all they need to know. ups ships guns all the time.

Last edited by srwshooter; 11/19/19.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Funny about the UPS store, I have sent a few scopes thru them with no issues. I try to avoid them like the plague

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Well, it's headed to Bushnell. They wanted $10 for return postage, so I included a $10 check. Leupold never asked for return postage.

They say 3 weeks. I'm not holding my breath.

Will report.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had poor dealings with Bushnell. I did get my issues resolved, but they were very unorganized. They lost and found a scope return also. Anyway, I would recommend that you keep tracking records.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Terryk
I had poor dealings with Bushnell. I did get my issues resolved, but they were very unorganized. They lost and found a scope return also. Anyway, I would recommend that you keep tracking records.

My thoughts as well.

Just made a folder with all pertinent stuff.

DF

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

346 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 40 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,028
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.