Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Good to hear...I quit going to movies long ago as they just over do the special effects and always seem to throw in some political liberal crap....

BP-B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's been difficult for me to enjoy movies ever since I learned that every actor/actress in them had to suck a dick to be in it.

Well,......except for maybe the lead actor in Django Unchained. Maybe he didn't have to suck a dick. He just had to promise to act in a movie that would get a lot of white people killed.

,....kinda like them "Roots" marathons they run every now and then. You better arm up and lock the door if you live near black folks when they run one o'them "Roots" marathons.

,....get's 'em all worked up.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
in the early 70's i was working construction in the summer to pay for college. a guy on the crew had a 289 cobra, he couldn't afford it, i could have bought it for about 3500dollars. didn't. I cry to this day every time i think about it, it would have meant only a couple extra months of work.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Good to hear...I quit going to movies long ago as they just over do the special effects....

That's why I got excited about this movie when the first trailers came out. They made a point of promoting the fact that the stunt driving was all done with real cars, not CGI. Pretty impressive... nobody's bothered to do that for a looooong time.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
::This space reserved for Manlicker's thumbs down::

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by add
::This space reserved for Manlicker's thumbs down::

OK, that made me laugh. Sorry Mannlicher grin

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
in the early 70's i was working construction in the summer to pay for college. a guy on the crew had a 289 cobra, he couldn't afford it, i could have bought it for about 3500dollars. didn't. I cry to this day every time i think about it, it would have meant only a couple extra months of work.

I feel your pain. In 1971 I bought a 1966 Shelby GT 350 for $2400, raced it for three years and then sold it (for $2500) to buy a Lotus formula car. I thought I had really done well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logger

I feel your pain. In 1971 I bought a 1966 Shelby GT 350 for $2400, raced it for three years and then sold it (for $2500) to buy a Lotus formula car. I thought I had really done well.

You should have bought a Lotus Super Seven. wink

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/lotus/super-seven/2177468.html

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will definitely go see it in the theater.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by logger

You should have bought a Lotus Super Seven. wink

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/lotus/super-seven/2177468.html

I bought a Lotus 22 Formula Jr (or Formula C in the US) for about $2500. Bought it from the guy that got me started in racing. Sold it to Mike Gue (then in England) for $2500. The guy that I bought it from was a great machinist. When I broke the crank in the MAE engine, he built me a billet crank that stunned the guys at Cosworth. The restored car sold for about $85,000 in the 1980s. After the Lotus, I started racing Formula Fords with a Titan Mk VI.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There is a NetFlix documentary about the Ferrari Ford rivalry. I watched last night and it was quite interesting. I recommend it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lotus Super Sevens made interesting "kit cars". Once saw/heard a unique one at the Reading, PA airport road races in the 60s. Sounded like a 900 pound McCullough chain saw. Had a modified SAAB 850cc two stroke in it. Also recall a few auto crosses in our area, that some Cosworth powered ones showed up.

Guy down the road from where we live now, had a 289 Cobra in the late 60s. Wrecked it, sat out behind his house under tarps for years before he finally sold it. His buddies had 'Vettes, he wanted something different.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I took achadwickwife to see it yesterday, and we really liked this movie. Thanks for posting, VarmintGuy!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Achadwick: You are welcome - I am so glad you and the Achadwickwife enjoyed the movie.
I am going to see it again - when I can get away.
I think I mentioned it already but if I didn't the VarmintWife enjoyed this movie immensely as well.
Wonder what the box office take is up to?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

The production of the movie spared NO expense in recreating, realistically the era and the locations, that I could ascertain.

The proper way to spare no expense is to actually go make the film at Le Mans in France.

Matt Damon and the sterile CGI effects used in the movie are just more turn -offs.

This movie ranks in the top three movies I have ever seen (and I literally have seen them all over the last 65+ years!)!

a person seeing all movies over 65 yrs and claiming to be an expert judge on movies, reminds me of those
that brag about owning 200 factory rifles and being a self-proclaimed great judge of quality rifles.

The story line (writing) was PERFECT ...

considering its made out to be such an iconic and epic battle, Motor racing enthusiasts would probably prefer more
historical detail /background and accuracy.

but hollywoods primary focus is maximum return on the dollar and for that to happen they need to concentrate
on an entertainment product for the dumbed down masses.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
starman: Sounds like you were not impressed when you saw the movie?
Okay.
To each their own.
I still HIGHLY recommend the movie, despite your "review".
Va-roooom!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't expect much from Hollywood so the movie does not disappoint ,

its your over the top rating of the movie and production that's the real issue. .. grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Box office leader for the weekend, according to the local newspaper today. IIRC, said it raked in over $31 million on opening weekend. I'll probably go to see it at some point. Ain't been inside a movie theater in the past 30 years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just watched..." Ferrari-Race to Immortality". A 2017 documentary about the Scuderia Ferrari team.

Those 1950's era F1 drivers had balls of steel and quite a few of them didn't live to see 40.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 77 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.