Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
As an earlier poster said, my Father loved me. I too was raised on 16 bore. Back then, in the late 50's and through the 60's, where I lived the dream for birds was a Browning Sweet 16. I've never owned one and it's unlikely I will, just not my thing. That, and truth be told, I am not much of a shotgunner. HOWEVER...all I own is 16 bore double guns, combination guns and drillings, BP and Nitro proofed. The old ones get brass hulls and black powder while the "new" ones get their called for 2 1/2 handloaded hulls. If I remember correctly...(something that is always suspect)...my "newest" 16 bore is from the 1930's.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing

B
B
Another 16 ga. refugee here. Parkers and Winchester 21's. Thanks to Rick for the new "home".

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I posted a 16 gauge refurbishment project called Meyer A' Challon which probably belongs within this thread.

W
W
Thanks for letting me join the group and the discussions. My toys are a Belgian vintage Sweet Sixteen, Remington 1100 16 and a TriStar Hunter EX 16 ga. over and under. I love them all. Can't decide which one to take to the range, so, I take them all. Shooting sporting clays and skeet.

T
T
Glad to be part of this group. I shoot Fanchi SL 16 and new A5 Sweet Sixteen. Passion is Sharptails and Huns.

IC B2

P
P
Mainly here because of the 16 group.

I grew up with 16's in the fields, SxS, Autos and Pumps. I never really got into using the 16. My Daddy used an old Sweet 16, I can remember my job was to buy the kind of ammo he liked, as I went to every gun shop in the country.

Well here I am full circle. I took a 16 out the past two years and I am hooked. I have an old MEC loader and I am locating the supplies I need. I have some things from loading other gauges so I am not at a complete start.

Right now hulls are my issue.... I have a few but not the stock I really need.

Seems like a good forum to be apart of....

Thanks for having me...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Which companies offer 16ga reloaders? Are wads available? I have a drilling that shoots factory lights out from 16y. Haven't tried long y., yet. I need to reload for this shotgun.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I load for a Ithaca N.I.D. and a Win. M-24

T
T
I’m loading for a Baikal o/u, a Belgian browning a5, a new sweet, a Remington 870 and an old bolt action goose gun without any distinguishable info

T
T
Go to ballistic products website. They have more info about 16 gauge reloading than any other retailer I’ve seen. You can purchase reloaders, hulls, lead, ….

IC B3

M
M
Hi I'm new to 16G. I just got a NIB Citori grand lightning built in 2010. I shot skeet this week with factory Browning 1oz loads. I'm looking for info on reloading the Browning hulls with 7/8 oz loads. I've read that the hulls Browning hulls are Cheddites. I checked the speadsheet and cant find any load data for the CB 7/8 wad. Can someone point me in the right direction?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Tleec
Go to ballistic products website. They have more info about 16 gauge reloading than any other retailer I’ve seen. You can purchase reloaders, hulls, lead, ….

That is probably true. And they have a 16 ga loading manual. I owned one and found it worthless in that the stack heights of several loads I tried, were way off. That manual has been recycled.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im a lurker in here, I have a half dozen 16s and love them. Was loading with a lee load all until I came up with a mec for it.

S
S
Old member of the Yahoo 16 gauge group checking in -
I have an AyA model 106 in 16 gauge and a FAIR Jubilee over/under in 16 gauge.

N
N
Thank you for this forum. I am new to shotshell reloading. I grew up shooting a 16 ga. Model 12. Currently, I have a Browning Sweet 16 and a Dickenson Plantation 16 ga. SXS. Because of current inventory shortages, I cannot find ammo. I live in CA. I need to find #1, components, #2, load data for steel 16 ga. I have Unique and Longshot powder, Fiocchi primered hulls and BPI CSD-16 wads. I will primarily, be hunting pheasants. Any help for a newbie to forums and reloading is appreciated.

T
T
New to this group, been around the16 all my life. Reloading since the late 90's................always looking for something new

N
N
New to reloading, and new to 16s. I started collecting the equipment to reload for my rifles a few years ago, but haven't made a single round yet - just not that urgent a need. I expect I'll have more need to load for my 16 gauge than I will for my 30-30!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Just started Shot shell loading a couple years ago, mostly hunting loads for my Drillings with #2 and BB for coyotes. I have used the !6ga Manual, and the Advantages Manual. I do have to adjust the stack hights sometimes, with blackeyed peas and/or fillers and overshot wads, especially with the BB. I use Precision Reloading quite a bit, also Hodgdon, and Alliant powder companies, I got one of my best 2 1/2 " squirrei loads from one of them. B&P also has some free downloads, from "The Curmudgeon" . He had some pheasant loads listed. I use Unique, Longshot, Universal, and 800X , Fiocchi and Cheddite, hulls and primers mostly. I'm not a big clays shooter, so I mostly do a box here and there.

N
N
Hi, new to the group. I was hoping to glean some reloading info. I currently own/shoot Ugartechea, Sarasqueta, Winchester mod 12, FAIR Rizzini, TOZ hammer, and JP Sauer hammer all in 16 guage. I'm starting to run out of stocks of loaded ammo, so it's time to get loading again. I sold the old Mec a few yrs ago and got a Ponnsness and Warren right before the crazyness started. I have a good supply of hulls (fiochi) and powder ( Unique and 800x) and BP Wads the problem is a lack of primers. The only primers I can get a hold of are Noble Sports BUT I can't find any data for using Fiocchi hulls with them. Does anyone else use them and care to share a recipe? TIA

S
S
16 guage is my absolute favorite shotgun. I do reload some. I have 10 Belgium Sweet Sixteens, one cheap restored sxs and 1 new model Sweet 16.1 Remington Model 11 hardly been shot.
Glad to see other guys who enjoy the" Gentlemen's" caliber!

Last edited by SShires; 05/14/22. Reason: Grammar
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
86 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 777 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,761
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.