Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by ironbender
Remsen can fact-check me here, but I believe being a Jew is a religion, not a nationality. So, one cannot be "part jew".

You can be either. Others have already detailed the conversion process in becoming a Jew as far as religion. Anybody who is a physical descendant of Abraham is some part "Jewish" unless you discount Judaism by birth. Israel is a nation but it is also referred to as a people. ie the descendants of Abraham. Lots of people are "part Jew" and don't even know it.

As to their religion...I have no idea. Being a Christian isn't predicated on what anybody else says or thinks other than God Himself and you, the adherent. Maybe the Jews have a say in who is and who isn't.

Are there non-Jews in Israel?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
BP-B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Remsen
Remsen can fact-check me here, but I believe being a Jew is a religion, not a nationality. So, one cannot be "part jew".

I've never understood the "part Jewish" thing. You can have Jewish ancestry that is mixed with other ancestries, but if you're talking about your religion, then you either are a Jew or you're not. I guess you can pretend that you have more than one religion, but every religion that I'm aware of pretty much requires you to adhere to the tenets of the faith completely.

There is also a Jewish race, those who are descended from the people of Israel, but that's a racial thing, not a religious thing. In that sense, you can certainly by part Jewish, but it would be similar to a person who has a German father and a Nigerian mother saying that they are part African. In other words, Jews are a nation, Judaism is a religion, and you can be one, or the other, or both. I know Jews who practice Christianity, and that doesn't make them any less a member of the Jewish race.

Thanks for fact checking.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Never new Pelosi, Tlaib, Swalwell, Cortez and Omar were Jewish. Your assessment is quite flawed. If anything look how many are from California.

Wasn't pointing out the entire Trump IMpeachment team for the democRATs were Jewish...

I was pointing out that these two are a pair of losers...

yet they can obtain job security, spouting leftist ideology to clue millennials, and having a government job...
and then look at the money they've made from lobbyists... while they tell the rest of the public that lobbyists etc are bad..
they've made themselves into millionaires... but tell the public millionaires are bad...

but yeah Pelosi is Jewish.... her husband is Italian, hence the last name..
but she wasn't part of the point...

You're a dope. Pelosi's father was Tommy Delasandro, a big shot Italian in Baltimore. You're also an ignorant bigot.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You can be either. Others have already detailed the conversion process in becoming a Jew as far as religion. Anybody who is a physical descendant of Abraham is some part "Jewish" unless you discount Judaism by birth. Israel is a nation but it is also referred to as a people. ie the descendants of Abraham. Lots of people are "part Jew" and don't even know it.

As to their religion...I have no idea. Being a Christian isn't predicated on what anybody else says or thinks other than God Himself and you, the adherent. Maybe the Jews have a say in who is and who isn't.

Actually, I've read that there are more Palestinians in Israel than Jewish people...from several sources, but that needs a fact check from a reliable source...fact check before posting states 21% and most are Muslims... interesting read & site: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-status-of-arabs-in-israel

I do know there are more Jewish people in NY State than in Israel....

Israel and Mexico are the two countries I think that allow you to have citizenship of their country and another one...
I've had acquaintances, who were American Jews, yet they went and got Israeli citizenship.
without living in Israel...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Almost every country except the US allows dual citizenship. Including Canada.

American Jews are automatically granted Israeli citizenship. However, they have to do two years in the military. Most resign their Israeli citizenship at that point but I know some who have gone and done it for two years and then come back here.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Schiffs have been radical money-men from wayback. Jacob Schiff, investment banker, personally paid for Trotsky to go back to Russia and provided great financial support to the Bolsheviks.

Adam Schiff's current shenanigans ought not be any surprise.

Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Calvin
Everything about seafire is flawed.

Yup.

Bringing a person’s race/religion into it is lowlife...

Pattern group recognition brother.

It is not THAT hard...

Pattern recognition, believing one's own eyes, and adding 2+ 2 to make 4 have now all been ruled Hate Crimes, pleb. And don;t you forget it!

Originally Posted by GregW
Does the OP know that religion has zero to do with his babble?

Does the poster above know that Seafire is part Jewish also... so most of you critics are missing the point in your zeal to criticize the O.P.... maybe there is a reading comprehension problem going on with some of the critics of the O.P.

if any religious point is to be made... these two clowns are the types that give Jewish people a bad name...

They are still a pair of losers, yet can find job security in leftist politics...

think about the fact, on top of becoming what they criticize to the public, once out of office, look at the same benefits they are going to be getting for the rest of their natural lives....

Much truth in that. Prominent evil sociopaths care not who gets hurt, not even their own people.

Originally Posted by tzone
You’re not “part Jewish”. You either are or aren’t.

Ashkenazi jews are "part jewish." About 53% jewish and 47% various german blood lines. Toss in the 25% of Israel that is arab, I bet Israel is less than 50% jewish by blood, even considering the sephardic and mizrahi jews.

There are also converts who are 0% jewish blood.

Given the intermarriage rates of secular & reform jews, I bet that there are more "part jews" in the USA than what folk would consider "full jews."

In any case, "jewish" can refer to either/or religion or ethnicity. Scores of books have been written on that intersection.

On that "descendants of Abraham" part...

That encompasses more than what we nowadays consider jews, if you take your Bible seriously. Lotsa "-ites" peoples from back in the day as well as (drumroll please) bedouin arabs. Yes, arab palestinians, Saudis, etc.

History is much more interesting if you don't follow one group's Narrative and slurp the Kool-Aid.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You’re not “part Jewish”. You either are or aren’t.
[/quote]

So one isn't part German, or Swedish, or English, or Irish, or Scottish either?

or you just can't be part Jewish?

Being the expert, enlighten me.....

or are you making that assumption, strictly because it was something I posted.. and you love to criticize anything I post when you get the opportunity?
[/quote]

No. Being Jewish is something you choose to do. Same as being Cathloic. Your religion can be Jewish. Not Swedish, German, or Irish. If both of your parents are Catholic, you can still be Jewish. If your parents are German, you can't decided to be Swedish part time.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

We have a winner.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Seafire

Did you send the same threatening PM to everyone who didn't agree with you, or am I the only one?

Lemme guess. Also removed himself from the topic so you couldn't respond. laugh

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Seafire

Did you send the same threatening PM to everyone who didn't agree with you, or am I the only one?

Lemme guess. Also removed himself from the topic so you couldn't respond. laugh

No. We exchanged a few PMs and have reached an accord.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No. Being Jewish is something you choose to do. Same as being Cathloic. Your religion can be Jewish. Not Swedish, German, or Irish. If both of your parents are Catholic, you can still be Jewish. If your parents are German, you can't decided to be Swedish part time.

So if you're descended directly from Abraham and live in Israel, but choose to be a Christian, you're no longer a Jew?

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 11/18/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Almost every country except the US allows dual citizenship. .

Not sure where you got that from. Re the us that is.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Back to the OP's question. I'd go gefilte-fishing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by joken2

Ocasio-Cortez reveals her Jewish heritage: 'I knew it! I sensed it!'

"The progressive Democrat said that generations ago her family consisted of Sephardic Jews."

[Linked Image from neonnettle.com]

[Linked Image from rushlimbaugh.com]

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

Just look at them...............

The Crazy runs deep with them!!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

So if you're descended directly from Abraham and live in Israel, but choose to be a Christian, you're no longer a Jew?

Ishmael and thereby Mohammad are descendants of Abraham...... If they lived in Israel would THEY be Jew!?!?!?!?!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Actually, I've read that there are more Palestinians in Israel than Jewish people...from several sources, but that needs a fact check from a reliable source...fact check before posting states 21% and most are Muslims... interesting read & site: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-status-of-arabs-in-israel

Israel and Mexico are the two countries I think that allow you to have citizenship of their country and another one...
I've had acquaintances, who were American Jews, yet they went and got Israeli citizenship.

I don't think there are more Palestinian Arabs in Israel (current borders) than Palestinian Jews, but again, it is a matter of how you use a term. The term "Palestinian" is now used to mean only Palestinian Arabs, but before 1948 it was also the term used for Jews who lived in the land. But if we're talking about Israel under internationally recognized borders, it's a majority Jewish country.

I claimed Israeli citizenship when I joined the military back in the 1980s, and at that time you definitely had to be in Israel, pay taxes there, have an address there, etc. to get citizenship (though, as a Jew, you also would have the absolute right to claim citizenship, so long as you did physically reside, pay taxes, etc. there...i.e., there was no need to do anything other than show up, prove that you're Jewish and then ask for citizenship). But as far as I know, you can't become a citizen without actually moving to the land.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muffin

Ishmael and thereby Mohammad are descendants of Abraham...... If they lived in Israel would THEY be Jew!?!?!?!?!

Half-Jewish, ethnically.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Remsen

I don't think there are more Palestinian Arabs in Israel (current borders) than Palestinian Jews, but again, it is a matter of how you use a term. The term "Palestinian" is now used to mean only Palestinian Arabs, but before 1948 it was also the term used for Jews who lived in the land. But if we're talking about Israel under internationally recognized borders, it's a majority Jewish country.

I claimed Israeli citizenship when I joined the military back in the 1980s, and at that time you definitely had to be in Israel, pay taxes there, have an address there, etc. to get citizenship (though, as a Jew, you also would have the absolute right to claim citizenship, so long as you did physically reside, pay taxes, etc. there...i.e., there was no need to do anything other than show up, prove that you're Jewish and then ask for citizenship). But as far as I know, you can't become a citizen without actually moving to the land.

Sounds complicated .

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well, to tell a family secret.....my Grandmother was Dutch.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
think it might havs something go do with a hooded pecker

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
322 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 308Palma, 1beaver_shooter, 44 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.